The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Got 2 sets of marzocchi z1 forks, both 1 1/8th straight, 9mm qr, v-brake and IS disk mount.

The z1 BAMs are 2001 vintage and 100/130mm travel in orange and silver.

The z1 wedge are 2002 vintage and 130mm tavel in red.

Would need to make sure the seals are good but all ok otherwise I think.  The BAMs look cooler but the wedges are actually a fair bit stiffer :)

• Like 1

Well it will be at least $10,000,000 with sharks with frikken laser beams attached to their heads!

Or about 40 quid for the wedges and 60 for the bams* I guess, open to offers mind :)

*got to apply retro cool tax you'see ;)

Edited by forteh

21 hours ago, forteh said:

Well it will be at least $10,000,000 with sharks with frikken laser beams attached to their heads!

Or about 40 quid for the wedges and 60 for the bams* I guess, open to offers mind :)

*got to apply retro cool tax you'see ;)

I might take the wedges off you if mike doesn't want them, would be ideal for my free Rockhopper! 

Also in Happy thread news, chocolate lego men! 

IMG_20160402_080619.jpg

23 minutes ago, isitafox said:

I might take the wedges off you if mike doesn't want them, would be ideal for my free Rockhopper! 

Also in Happy thread news, chocolate lego men! 

IMG_20160402_080619.jpg

You appear to be having some problems filling out your casts. There's a couple of things I'd maybe suggest for next time; heating your mould before pouring next time might be the most successful option, followed by trying to increase the fluidity of your chocolate, though this might affect the final finish. If you're still having problems you might have to think about adding pressure to your moulding processes.

Well I think the z1bams are actually sold to a man on pinkbike but the wedges are indeed available, I'll have to check they're good for seals and oil but I'm pretty sure they are. If not then I'll see if I haven't got some oil tight seals I can chuck in there :)

• Like 1

I learnt to jump on a 7 foot high, 12 foot long tabletop, that was awesome because you had loads of time to spot the landing.

I'd like to get back into jumping again but location, time constraints and injury risk is a bit of a stumbling block.

On 1 April 2016 at 11:27 AM, forteh said:

Got 2 sets of marzocchi z1 forks, both 1 1/8th straight, 9mm qr, v-brake and IS disk mount.

The z1 BAMs are 2001 vintage and 100/130mm travel in orange and silver.

The z1 wedge are 2002 vintage and 130mm tavel in red.

Would need to make sure the seals are good but all ok otherwise I think.  The BAMs look cooler but the wedges are actually a fair bit stiffer :)

Original Z1 bams are the greatest fork ever made. So plush and smooth. I'd kill for an old school hardtail with some of those on

Unfortunately compared to the 44 rc3ti they feel like dogshit :D

Back in the day yes they were head and shoulders above all else but when compared to modern forks is very much a case of rose tinted glasses! They are still plush of course but the suppleness of modern damping makes a huge difference.

Sourced some suspension shims for my shimstack damper mod from k-tech, turns out they're only 15 miles up the road!

I wasn't going to bother with the shimstack mod but after lots of further research it makes for a far better compression circuit. Only needed a minor change to the design of the compression adjuster shaft to facilitate the shims whilst retaining the ability to revert back to the original marzocchi poppet valve :)

• Like 1