The Happy Thread

Duncy H

@bike_dummie That's very impressive, how much would you say the thermogen attributed to your weight loss? 

It sounds as if you've done a full body recomp, I hope you're documenting it! Do you intend to go back to consuming carbs after your weight loss is done? I can't imagine the body responding well going from 70/30/0  to something like 10/40/50. Congrats dude (Y)  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrialsIsHard said:

@bike_dummie That's very impressive, how much would you say the thermogen attributed to your weight loss? 

It sounds as if you've done a full body recomp, I hope you're documenting it! Do you intend to go back to consuming carbs after your weight loss is done? I can't imagine the body responding well going from 70/30/0  to something like 10/40/50. Congrats dude (Y)  

Don't humour that shit, you're better than that. He's lying to you, me, all of us and himself. Don't buy it..

3 hours ago, TrialsIsHard said:

To be honest I cannot say, I never cut without the added thermogenic. But I doubt I could loose this much without it. 

However the clen was more effective than the blr Inciderine. 

And more of a straight cut, could never re-comp in this level of deficit. Nope afraid not, in hindsight I wish I had. I will document my next cut, this was my first cut and I have defiantly made a LOT of mistakes. 

I don't think I will have much problem introducing carbs, just do it slow. 

Edited by bike_dummie

10 hours ago, bike_dummie said:

To be honest I cannot say, I never cut without the added thermogenic. But I doubt I could loose this much without it. 

However the clen was more effective than the blr Inciderine. 

And more of a straight cut, could never re-comp in this level of deficit. Nope afraid not, in hindsight I wish I had. I will document my next cut, this was my first cut and I have defiantly made a LOT of mistakes. 

I don't think I will have much problem introducing carbs, just do it slow. 

@JD™ I wouldn't consider doing this, I'm happy with my gym/eating routine- just very interested. ps. f**k you for making me learn the ™ shortcut to be able to tag you. 

If you're eating zero carbs I think it's entirely possible that you could lose this amount of weight without a thermogen.

I've read that losing ~1lb per week is optimal for minimising muscle loss when losing fat. You've done 42lb in 5 weeks! How are your energy levels/ sleep? Also what are your ball park body fat percentages before/after, just out of interest? 

• Like 1

, To be honest I wouldn't recommend it either, I just enjoy the extremes of the sport, pushing my body as far as it goes. Go hard or go home  ;););)

I would say it is possible to some extent, however to  build and 'loose'  fat is very hard and certainly naturally  impossible as soon as you are 10-15%. You would need to have a level of enhancement to do that. Your body is fighting to survive in a deficit. You would need an external source of hormones. The idea is to build muscle at a faster rate than you are putting fat on. 

What you read is very true, however I didn't want to cut for that long as I was a chunky monkey. It would also be on the verge of cannibalism in my current time frame. 

As for the thermogenic, I would have not been able to retain as much muscle as I have. The idea is to stay as anabolic as possible. A lot of that weight I lost would have been muscle without it. 

Some of the 42lb is water as well. Energy levels are fine, I defiantly can't lift as heavy for as long. Again sleep is okay, bit hard to sleep when adapting to clen. 

Not sure now I would say in between 10-15% I was 21%. I wasn't particularly lean when I started lifting. Something if I started again I would cut before I bulked up for a good starting level of fat. 

Weight lifting has become more of a hobby for me, it's now become an obsession and I know not many people will be into it this much neither would they want to be. But I owe a lot to it. I wouldn't be where I am now. 

Edited by bike_dummie

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:54 PM, Pete.M said:

I was a bit 'meh' about moving to Dumfries for my new job but I've just realised that most of the 7 stanes are nearby. Time to save up for a reasonable mountain bike! Anyone particularly want an Aorta 26"?

Keep it! Dumfries has awesome street.

• Like 2

In sensible family car news, picking our new motor up on Friday. 1.6HDi Peugeot 3008 Allure, I absolutely hate Pug's normally (except oldskool stuff like 309 GTi's) but the local dealer tend to give stupid trade in prices and with it being 5 mins down the road it makes life easy if anything goes wrong.

Looking forward to finally having a tidy, low mileage, cheap to run car!

I took a job as a mechanic yesterday, I didn't want it as fixing cars in the cold is bad enough without going the whole hog doing it at a ski resort next to a nice big, flat, wide open airport, but the pay was ok.

Today I got an offer working indoors selling parts to mechanics, for similar money, and the first guy was fine with that. Winner (Y)

Edited by Jolfa

Been doing some very simple home brewing for a few years now. The next step up to doing it properly has always been a few quid the wife doesn't want me to spend. I've been spending the last few days looking up how to make it all myself, and just put the order in.

Now got to make myself a mash tun, boiler and immersion cooler. Should be a fun job once all the stuff gets here :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JD™ said:

Been doing some very simple home brewing for a few years now. The next step up to doing it properly has always been a few quid the wife doesn't want me to spend. I've been spending the last few days looking up how to make it all myself, and just put the order in.

Now got to make myself a mash tun, boiler and immersion cooler. Should be a fun job once all the stuff gets here :)

In4afreesample (Y)

Haha, I'll see what bottles I have left lying around that I can fill up when they are ready – just making it for my own consumption out of the kegs at the moment but if I can send some out I will. Who knows, I might end up with a little micro brewery in time.