The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I made water come out of the bathroom ceiling. (Intentionally)

All the plumbing for water is done in the new bathroom - I'm at least a week behind schedule and I'm absolutely shattered, but feeling slightly more confident about it actually coming together in the next two weeks. 

• Like 2

Today I have been mainly brewing beer from grain. It's so much more satisfying than doing it from a kit. It's taken 4 hours so far and I've still got at least another one to go. Here's hoping the beer is actually drinkable after that, but the main thing right now is that my home made boiler didn't kill me.

Beast of a weekend.

Camped out at the woods on Saturday night, had drinks, played cards against humanity and went on a drunken 2am track walk. Sunday was race day and I was head marshal at the start line. Other than a delay caused by the timing equipment the day went amazing. We had140 racers which included 13 rippers, over 20 women and over 30 first time racers.

I'm in the high viz jacket at about 23 seconds:

New scoring system was way better than before, took it right to the wire and was interesting as the public vote was almost completely opposite to the judges! 

Very disappointed at the lack of weirdos this year though the hosts act before the votes were in was quality. 

I agree though, Ukraine??? 

So, for some reason I thought it'd be easy to source a couple of 3.6m fence posts for my pull up bar to the point I've already dug a hole for one of them. Now after ringing and emailing nearly every place I could find in the North West,  being told I was too far to deliver or they only do 3m lengths, I accidentally phoned a merchants in New Mills (literally 10 mins from my house) I never knew existed who not only have them in stock but they're the cheapest I've found and will happily deliver for a tenner. 

Was almost ready to propose to the woman on the phone, she is my new hero!