Hannes signed with crewkerz

ghostrider88

Correct me if I am wrong on this,

I thought Crewkerz was Atomzbike?

If so as he was already Atomz top rider for such a long time I would have thought he had kept intouch and most likely already intended on moving back to his old team once they had re-vamped their brand a little.

Most likely it´s true, Caisso is in crewkerz team as well, so it was predictable. Good for him, if I could choose a sponsor, I would go with crewkerz too.

It's 'Crew' (as in the group of riders), with 'kerz' added to the end for the sound apparently.

So far it just seems to be Atomz all over again, but hopefully the higher end bike will have something genuinely different (apart from just the crank/freewheel setup they've already shown).

It's 'Crew' (as in the group of riders), with 'kerz' added to the end for the sound apparently.

So far it just seems to be Atomz all over again, but hopefully the higher end bike will have something genuinely different (apart from just the crank/freewheel setup they've already shown).

Tapered forks and through axles like quark 2.

he was looking for another bike but I think he doesn't want to join the scene again because trials is full of nobs now

define: irony.

It is fair enough though, this forum is just full on bitching. (Cue the dont use the forum) but in all seriousness, when I used to be more active on the forum a couple of years ago there wasent any of this pointless bitching, I'm assuming its all come about since the tgs, inspired split. The way I see it now, unless you have a seat and ride in that style of riding your videos will just get slated.

Everyone just needs to chill out.

I think a shit tgs vid will get canned in exactly the same way as a shit street one. However given the nature of the two you are going to get more shit tgs ones.

I liked the old atomz mod with the bolt through axles, it was and still is the only bike I've seen that proper jumps out at me and makes me want one. Every time I see Rob Poyser's mod, it makes me want one. With dual saints on

Edited by bing

Tapered forks and through axles like quark 2.

Hopefully they'll actually arrive to dealers with the right hubs this time... But yeah, my point was that it doesn't really feel to me much different to the original Atomz stuff, and there were things that could've been improved from that to the current line of products they do. For example, the bars on the original Premier bikes weren't that nice (I used to ride one myself) and a change to a better shaped bar would've transformed the feel of the bike. As it is, the Freed bikes come with some relatively low 680mm wide bars with very little sweep that don't really compliment the rest of the bike (the rest of the bike is pretty nice in fairness). Equally, their old forks used to be a little tricky to set up as the mounts are relatively high on the legs, and that's exactly the same on the Freed complete bike forks. It's just little touches, but it would've been nice to have seen them implemented rather than just doing the same thing as before.

I'm hoping their version of the tapered fork/head tube will be more of a ground-up redesign rather than doing something similar to RockMan and just tweaking an older frame to accept it. If it's essentially a Quark 2 with a bigger headtube welded on they might have missed a trick, but we'll see I guess.

In case this sounds purely negative it isn't - I really like the 26" Freed frame, and with a modern fork on it the geo looks really fun. With some Inspired forks, a 90x25 or 90x35 stem and some high rise bars I reckon it'd be really fun to ride and I was even tempted to go down that route myself. I quite like the way that it isn't the run-of-the-mill Koxx clone stuff but it'd be good to see them push the boat out a bit more and step out of the shadow of Atomz and justify the 'All new!' sort of hype it's getting.

• Like 1

I'm hoping their version of the tapered fork/head tube will be more of a ground-up redesign rather than doing something similar to RockMan and just tweaking an older frame to accept it. If it's essentially a Quark 2 with a bigger headtube welded on they might have missed a trick, but we'll see I guess.

To quote Christian, they will be very different to those rockman forks. I know what you are saying but I know you realize freed and premier are/were budget bikes with cheap aftermarket parts on them...When you put more expensive frame on such a bike, you have to save some money elsewhere...Anyways, we will see soon, I´m really looking forward to this high end bike, even though I prolly won´t be able to buy one in my life :)

To quote Christian, they will be very different to those rockman forks. I know what you are saying but I know you realize freed and premier are/were budget bikes with cheap aftermarket parts on them...When you put more expensive frame on such a bike, you have to save some money elsewhere...Anyways, we will see soon, I´m really looking forward to this high end bike, even though I prolly won´t be able to buy one in my life :)

Yeah, I can understand the budget constrictions but I don't think it's that much of a jump in price to tweak the angles/shape of the bar slightly (I wouldn't have thought the price of the Crewkerz bars would've been much different to our old TB Risers which would probably have been the ideal shape for that bike). Similarly, welding mounts on forks lower shouldn't really break the bank and would help riders out, especially when it was a known problem years ago. From seeing the products we received it came across to me more as an attention to detail related thing.

I wasn't so much comparing the fork directly or anything, more the mindset behind them. But yeah, hopefully they'll do a good job - it's cool to see it being pushed in a different direction.

Id say it's more the other way around. The guys with seats used to ride seatless so can still appreciate it, people seem to forget riders like Ali used to ride a 'normal' trials bike and did his time on the comp circuit riding natural. He had a go in Matlock again last year and did really well, especially considering he rode his Hex so I don't understand the hate.

Problem is with Ali is that his comments are so blunt. Every ones has the right to their own opinion.

I don't see why he can't put them a bit nicer.

Iv rode really bikes with seats etc to for years and now I know what type of bikes I ride most but I don't rip into every thread like ali. Unless there is an on going argument

Problem is with Ali is that his comments are so blunt. Every ones has the right to their own opinion.

Iv rode really bikes with seats etc to for years and now I know what type of bikes I ride most but I don't rip into every thread like ali. Unless there is an on going argument

This man speaks the truth.

Also, Andy gets banned for calling Ali C a nob but Ali can call Andy a nob and that's fine?

Pot kettle black

Though perhaps I am a bit blunt, but we are on the internet talking about having fun on kids bikes, most of my posts are quite tongue in cheek and I even take the piss out of myself. Maybe more smiley faces at the end of everything would help.

I'd say I post equal measures of helpful, joking, positive and criticising posts, but unfortunately people like you only seem to notice the latter.

Also, I didn't call Andee names, he comes across that way all by himself. :wink2: :wink::giggle::cheers::badger: :1eye: :shades:^_^:-

• Like 3

Link me? Andeee got banned cause he was on his 8th warning and it used to be 5 points then banned, I think we've been quite fair!

It was in the angry thread where Ali called Andy a nob, that's fair enough with his warning points but shouldn't ali receive the same amount of warning points for doing the same thing?

Edit: I've been informed that it was in the old angry thread, which has been deleted.

Edited by LiamWood!