Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

This is normal when you service your forks right?

image_zpsd9b91bed.jpg

I knew these coil pikes I got were knackered when I bought them (got them cheap enough so didn't really mind) but I didn't realise they were this bad on one side! That's the lower leg oil after 10 rides, they still work perfectly though! Once Ed buys my Reba's I can hunt out for some really decent air pikes as I think these suit my bike nicely but are on the chubby side

Is that mud contamination? Is it gritty at all? The oil that's come from my bombers has only ever been silvery black, even after running with blown seals!

Is this on the leg with the bad stanchion wear?

In other news, one of the sets of z1 bombers I got for spares or repairs are actually z1 crs with the compression damper, I will build it into the mint set of '99 5" Orange z1 bams I've got and stick them on the chameleon for her :)

I've read that the compression damping was massively over done though but the cartridge can be drilled out to alleviate the issue.

It's mud and water, the spring side was fairly full of poop when I got it but I must have not got all of it out! I've had the lowers in the dishwasher this evening, far better! This is the dude with massive wear, hopefully they will last me the summer!

I remember reading about drilling the z1s, and shimming too. I think I chucked away my z1 spares, I'll have a look next time I'm back they are yours if I find them!

Dishwashers are great for cleaning things that they're not designed for, motorbike engine cases are a popular one :D

I don't have a dishwasher, I have to make do with the kitchen sink :(

If you have anything I certainly won't say no! Unfortunately they're a sealed cartridge so you can't adjust the piston (don't think they have shim stacks, just oil ports) but I might see if I can't reverse engineer one of the spare rebound carts I have to garner some more useable slow speed compression damping :)

I'm absolutely loving the new frame and bits, 5 minutes into my first ride on it I jumped a twenty foot transfer on it I've never even thought about doing before. In a way it feels like a mini lighter downhill bike which is exactly what I was after. The slx brakes are awesome too thanks for the recommendation guys.

I'll post some pics up on Friday. :)

That's beaut. Looks very high at the front, higher than my Planet X. Looks fun though

It doesn't feel too high, the stem might move about the stackers though after a couple of rides to get it just right. Just from riding about town yesterday is feels so light and chuckable compared with my Five. A bit more back to basics.

1625752_10152162742512935_1357364227_n.j

Loving the new frame and bits, unfortunately had a crash the other day and blew my fork seals, rebuilt the forks and now I keep managing to bottom them out and the compression damping isn't working right so going to give them a proper overhaul as they felt beaut before. Slx brakes are mega!!

• Like 3

So is it the narrow wide which stops the chain from coming off or is it the clutch system? Do you HAVE to run both?

Must be good not having the noise of a chain device. As quiet as they can be, nothing beats not actually having one.

I'd say both.

If you have a clutch mech with a normal chainring then it won't stay on, similarly if you have a narrow wide with non-clutch then you'd be pushing your luck.

I run that setup and it's been faultless. My friend was riding some enduro trails at Innerleithen last weekend and even wiping out on a rock and smashing his mech and hanger off, the chain was still on his chainring….can't go wrong with a narrow-wide.

• Like 1

Anybody else use muc off? I started using it about 4-5 months ago given how wet and shitty our winters been and I really really like it. I don't use it after every ride but I use it once a week and I'm really impressed with it! I get some flack from folk for it but I can't see anything wrong with keeping it clean and well oiled. Interested to know if anyone else is using bike huts equivalent or anything else?

• Like 1