Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

1625752_10152162742512935_1357364227_n.j

Loving the new frame and bits, unfortunately had a crash the other day and blew my fork seals, rebuilt the forks and now I keep managing to bottom them out and the compression damping isn't working right so going to give them a proper overhaul as they felt beaut before. Slx brakes are mega!!

Oh my that is the sex.

In my opinion, these are what wheel sizes suit best...

29er for hardtails/singlespeeds mainly xc

650b for all mountain/xc

26 for downhill, free ride, dirt jump etc.

the bike industry is quickly moving toward

29er for all bikes

650/27.5 for dh, enduro, ect... (all heavy use bikes)

26 still for trials and dirtjump for now.

p4pb10881233.jpg

p4pb10881213.jpg

p4pb10866394.jpg

New bits on the bike :D

Picked up some boxxers but didn't like them so got the fox 40's instead. New brakes, new rear mech, new shifter, new stem. Feels like a completely different bike!

And for the keen eyes amongst you, yes that is a sram shifter with a saint rear mech ;)

Looks beasty!

Up the Braids?

Nah, Bonaly, reet up't top. There's some good lines cut in but it's real slippery with loads of wet roots and it's quite steep. Worth a visit though.

Can you only take your watter bottle out when you land a big drop?

Doesn't interfere all at. I only quickly threw that nasty cage on to go up the hill, and i'll replace it with a plastic one which'll be easier to use. Landing a drop would only compress the shock, it wouldn't give me any more room.

Looking at the linkage the rear of the shock would lift up slightly on the stroke? No? Maybe even a few mm?

Well yeah there'll will be some movement. I'd have to be pretty skilled to swipe my bottle out at that moment :)

• Like 1

Finally got this sorted, cheers to bing and trials hoe for a bunch of parts, and my local boys B-)

Sorry the pictures are washed out, only snapped these quickly. Needs a higher front end I think because my back was killing :/ Anyways:

Q4I9eCk.jpg

NjDeq2W.jpg

Finally got this sorted, cheers to bing and trials hoe for a bunch of parts, and my local boys B-)

Sorry the pictures are washed out, only snapped these quickly. Needs a higher front end I think because my back was killing :/ Anyways:

That is sick that IS SICK. I really want to get mine sorted out now.. nothing like a good qe day with Winston and da lads. the ride there and back is something I am not a fan of

Wasn't really worth a thread itself... I went 1x9 and decided a chain-guide would be a good plan. We received a 3D printer the other day so I quickly boshed something together on Sketch up and got it fitted, works a treat :) I will make an improved version later that's a little more elegant, just want to make sure this works nicely first before spending any real time on it. Very light weight due to being a honeycomb filling, whilst maintaining enough strength for this purpose

2014-05-13151116_zpsabae705d.jpg

2014-05-13151156_zps74e0ac08.jpg

Clearance is tight when in the lowest gear

2014-05-13151122_zps4b44dee7.jpg

• Like 3

Not sure mate all I know is it is ABS, I don't know if it's had any additives mixed in. It's probably going to wear quickly, I did think about making a thin recess for an alloy insert where the chain could rub but then I can print a new guide plate in under 30 minutes...

Thinking about selling my Orange Five...haven't used it in anger for +6 months now.

Maybe in a year get another full susser in a new wheel size, maybe 27.5?

I'd still have my Cotic Soul and that would pretty much do me for the trails I ride plus it is sooo light around 10kgs compared to the heavy Five.

Thinking about selling my Orange Five...haven't used it in anger for +6 months now.

Maybe in a year get another full susser in a new wheel size, maybe 27.5?

I'd still have my Cotic Soul and that would pretty much do me for the trails I ride plus it is sooo light around 10kgs compared to the heavy Five.

Do it! Have a year ragging your Cotic and then get something a bit more up to date. When I'm riding again we'll have to go out for a blast. You can have a shot of my Spicy and see what you think to the whole big wheel, enduro-hype thing.

Do it! Have a year ragging your Cotic and then get something a bit more up to date. When I'm riding again we'll have to go out for a blast. You can have a shot of my Spicy and see what you think to the whole big wheel, enduro-hype thing.

Yeah, I might just do it. A go on yours would be handy when/if I come to buy a new bike. Might scout out a demo day to confirm wheel sizes/frame.

More money in parting it out or selling whole? I fear the idiots on the Pinkbike Buy/Sell

Also, what did you do to your shoulder?

Yeah, I might just do it. A go on yours would be handy when/if I come to buy a new bike. Might scout out a demo day to confirm wheel sizes/frame.

More money in parting it out or selling whole? I fear the idiots on the Pinkbike Buy/Sell

Also, what did you do to your shoulder?

Yeah do both those things, a good few demos as well add there's so may good bikes out at the moment. Next year is going to be better with a lot more bikes having 1x11 on them.

If I were you I'd just try and get it sold in one. Might be a push with everyone getting excited about 27.5". I had to just sell my frame and forks in the end and move all the parts over. I didn't get too many idiots on Pinkbike, no worse than here really.

I broke my shoulder on Sunday crashing the Spicy. Just went a bit hot in to a section pedalling in to a corner and hit a stump hidden behind some grass and it sent me flying.