DO NOT BY DMR V8s

I rode BMX for one year and used plastic pedals, they were sound. Started trials 2 months ago on my onza bird 2013. After a month the bearing in the caged pedals started ticking. I had a small budget so i went for V8s and after a month the bearing in the right pedal started ticking, a 3 weeks later the left one started ticking and the right one ticking more and its getting worse.

My v8's have lasted 3 years with being looked after properly.

Used mine for trials , DH , off road , general mountain biking , some bmx-ing (the dark days) and have been bashed for two years straight , still going extremely strong.

Are you sure you're not just making the ticking noise yourself? Not a predator are you... :giggle:

• Like 1

i got some with my first dj they where put on the bike from new the bike was bought new in 2006 then i bought it in 2011 used the pedals till last summer when i sold them to a friend never had to maintain them much just a quick grease and tighten every couple of months still usable now just a little bit wobbly

Edited by swiftspeed star

DMR V8's are the only pedal I've ever used and the only pedal I ever would use.

That's quite an odd choice. I would never use unsealed pedals if I could help it and for the price of DMR V8's you could get two sets of Wellgo V8 copies or almost a set of Wellgo MG1's which are Magnesium and sealed... I'm an MG1 convert big time these days. Would still run cheap caged pedals for pure natural but for anything else MG1's are the way to go.

I recomend Nanotechs/Exotic flats (same thing) or Wellgo B38s. Both have a slimmer profile than DMRs, lighter, stronger body and the broader platform is so much more supportive on your foot. I have had several pairs of V8s and wellgo copy v12s in the past and found them to be decent enough but the platforms are too small to be comfy as well as them being rather weighty!

• Like 1

super star pedals ***... got the mags on my weenie build and the nano techs on my street machine, both are excellent, great big platforms, grip well, and sealed. V8s are cheap, they can be a little noisy but they last damn well.