Covid19

Davetrials

9 minutes ago, AdamR28 said:

Way too much effort. I'd rather eat McDonald's every day and just have a few dodgy injections.

That's what I do but I have a bit more of a variety of food in that I also go Burger King and KFC, gotta get those noms.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, manuel said:

Ok - Im just interested, Ali, Adam etc. What do you think about Paxlovid? 

I honestly have no thoughts about it at all, I've not been paying much attention and this is the first time I've ever heard of it (seriously, I've no idea what it is) 

3 hours ago, manuel said:

Ok - Im just interested, Ali, Adam etc. What do you think about Paxlovid? 

I think that's a poor effort at a word-glue :biggrin:

I briefly had a look when I saw it had come about... let me rejog my memory...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/oral-covid-19-antiviral-paxlovid-approved-by-uk-regulator

I just wrote loads and it disappeared, so this is the abrupt version... basically I think the headline number of 89% is a bit sly. The results are for those with other health conditions, does it work for the general population? Seems to insinuate it has been tested with Delta, hard to say for sure but perhaps Delta + Paxlovid gives a similar or worse "result" than Omicron without Paxlovid. We have 10% of the deaths from 3 times the number of cases this wave, so that means Omicron appears 30 times less deadly than Delta (I know that is flawed as we are doing more testing, but to illustrate a point...). Paxlovid reduces deaths by a factor of 9 according to their study. Insanely expensive (£375 per dose). No side effects listed. Think its come about too late. Think £94m could have been better spent elsewhere. Still think vegetables and exercise trumps pharma.

Think he shouldn’t be allowed to play unless he fits in with the rules of the country he wants to play in. If it turns out he doesn’t qualify for the exemption then - Byeeeeeeee. 

Separate discussion as to whether those rules are the right rules. 

• Like 1

I firmly believe people shouldn’t be forced to be vaccinated (I am Boostered so not from an against vaccine perspective) - it should be personal choice for anything to be injected into you so I think what Australia are doing is wrong. On the same note I think what some of Europe are doing around cutting off unvaccinated from society is also wrong. I do think they should have a testing progamme in place that is at the persons cost to reduce risk of transmission but it should be vaccine by mandate. 

23 hours ago, Ali C said:

In other news? Peoples thoughts on Norvak Djokovic and Australia?

As you might guess he has my support but he’s not a popular guy at the moment

He’s medically exempt from it as am I. He doesn’t have to disclose to the media why or what his medical reason is but should to the government so it’s all legal. 

The bit I’m confused with is reading and listen today about it all is if you’ve had covid in the last 6 months your okay to go as long as your tests are negative. 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:25 PM, AdamR28 said:

Still think vegetables and exercise trumps pharma.

I'll change this to not living off farm foods or iceland processed frozen chicken et al and putting in 50mile shifts on the road bike so as to offset burgers, pints of stout and drams of the best I can afford as opposed to your passive veganism but yeah, this.

On 1/7/2022 at 5:10 PM, manuel said:

Separate discussion as to whether those rules are the right rules. 

Said totally not a mandated vaccine is bullshit of the highest order.

"Vaccine Apartheid" should be railed against at all costs.

Big brother will power grab in insignificant increments and never relinquish it's/their subsequent power, coercion and control.

If this was a domestic abuse case then we, the people, would be in a hostel with the kids by now. To complete the analogy, our abusive overlords/certain world and state level figures, where applicable, should be sporting a John Maclaine vest and telling the police they're cnuts because he's cuffed in the riot van and they won't pass him that open fosters from over there.

Anyone pro mandate or cut the anti vax cnuts (i.e. anyone wanting discourse from their absolutist train of thought) from society, especially the "imprison them" crowd, should be ignored as the idiot they clearly are.

I'd cheerfully stand that type on a beach with a freshly poured pair of concrete shoes.

Edited by CC12345678910

12 hours ago, Rusevelt said:

His dismissive, patronising, arrogant,  absolutist, closed shop thinking tone of "I"m right and your wrong: We know it all and you don't: I have decreed therefore thy will be done, ser'there :tongue:" articulates one of the (my) greatest irritations that has been born out.of the last 2yrs.

Thus far no one is the righteous, only history and a good dose of hindsight will decide that.

S'wat pisses me off about the whole thing.

History is also not on the side of industry hurriedly foisting chemical or material elements into contact with the mass populus either now, is it?

Only later on to then become totally absolvent of whatever calamity has occured with the midst of time and they "one hundred percent; totally did not cause na ah not us mate"...

EDIT: also clap clap to the lad to have the brass to stick his head above the parapet to call bull as he sees it. (Y)

Edited by CC12345678910

Agreed, they were twisting his words and always on the attack. Not cool.

Reminds me of this car crash...

In good news news, looks like cases are coming right down now. Perhaps we are nearing the end of data that can be used to create panic, and lives will start returning to normal.

• Like 1

I genuinely feel for the NHS staff apposed to the vaccine, imagine dedicating 7/8/9 years of your life to a profession, that now because of a choice your making and should always have the freedom to make, is throwing you in the slurry. It's insane. I've been vaccinated to protect my dad, same for the rest of my family but it wasn't an easy decision to make as I stand with the doctor, the long term ramifications of this vaccine haven't been tested and can't be tested as enough time simply hasn't passed.

Does this possibly lead towards more privatisation of the NHS? If they're going to lose so many members of staff that can't just be replaced by Joe off the street, will private medical facilities be given the option to fill those slots?

Richard meadley boils my piss too, why does the UK seem to attract the Piers Morgan/Meadley type of quite aggressive reporting, f**king knobbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Booth said:

I genuinely feel for the NHS staff apposed to the vaccine, imagine dedicating 7/8/9 years of your life to a profession, that now because of a choice your making and should always have the freedom to make, is throwing you in the slurry. It's insane. I've been vaccinated but it wasn't an easy decision to make as I stand with the doctor, the long term ramifications of this vaccine haven't been tested and can't be tested as enough time simply hasn't passed. 

Yarp.

Does this possibly lead towards more privatisation of the NHS? If they're going to lose so many members of staff that can't just be replaced by Joe off the street, will private medical facilities be given the option to fill those slots?

I think that might end up being a nice bit of Tory serendipity (at best), yeah.

Sadly it's really quite easily to imagine the lightbulb moment going off in some arse licking junior minister's head and said bellsnif, gleefully seat bounce moshing with the arms going like flappy bird before running into the next room proclaiming they've thought of an idea (mandatory 'this'll be good for you' sticks) that means one of their Thatcherite wet dreams is one step closer. 

That's not forgetting how much ££££ they're mates would make too.

Richard meadley boils my piss too, why does the UK seem to attract the Piers Morgan/Meadley type of quite aggressive reporting, f**king knobbers.

SEO?

Lack of talent?

Cock on demographical research for a daytime "news" magazine show.? I've worked with a number of peeps who would have you know Morgan's charades are the way of getting too'ver twooth.

Edited by CC12345678910

On 1/22/2022 at 9:35 AM, JT! said:

Ok guys, covid just took an unvaccinated Meat Loaf out. Time to get jabbed!

If you're playing it like that:

Ok guys, Covid made me feel a bit rough for a few days over Christmas. No need to get jabbed!

He was 75 and looking at recent photos, he didn't look like the fittest chap - maybe had underlying conditions?

2 hours ago, MadManMike said:

If you're playing it like that:

Ok guys, Covid made me feel a bit rough for a few days over Christmas. No need to get jabbed!

He was 75 and looking at recent photos, he didn't look like the fittest chap - maybe had underlying conditions?

I believe he had quite bad asthma, who knows what other co-morbidities.

Likewise....

I had my last jab in april, according to the government covid will put me in hospital and I need to get boosted NOW! Or I'll just let my natural immuity handle it now like it did over christmas and I didn't catch omicron despite it being in the house.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, forteh said:

I believe he had quite bad asthma, who knows what other co-morbidities.

Mustn't forget the history of drug and alcohol abuse.

I'm glad the media didn't try and specifically report him as a 'Covid death' like they have other celebrities.