Scotty Cranmer Bmx Edit-bloody Awesome

tris

Bloody hell the guy can ride a bike. Holy Fking Hell!!!!!!!

Just found this. Posted it on BMX-Forum too.

Scotty Cranmer......

Double tailwhip drop?????

Jump to backwheel to frontflip drop???

Backflip to frontflip.

Triple tailwhip on dirt jumps was pretty immense.

The trick at 3.59 i couldn't even work out :S what was it?? Like a 720 flair or something??

The tailwhips at the end....haha, holy shite.......

There only a few bikers in the world that are at the top of their game and just pushing the limits so f**king much that really make me think, whats the point?? I'm never going to be as good as him.......... He's one of them.

Best BMXer on the planet. Period.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I was not expecting that. That is a revolution in riding, people are just doing insane things on BMX's now.

I remember many many years ago when people used to say 'that'll never be topped' about tricks being pulled then and now they are being blown away with insane riding like that.

I'd hate to be the next generation who has to try and top that. :unsure:

Don't get me wrong he is a amazing rider, and like you said its a revolution. However, just because its a big name people seem to get sucked into thinking he is THE best. I remember when I first started watching BMX video's, Cranmer was and still is my favorite rider, however Poopipe showed me some if you under rated riders, and there pulling the same lines. I still think he's a great rider but just don't think he's caused the revolution on his own, and it does involve lines from other riders.

But yer that video was impressive, enjoyed it. Just think its kinda like the TGS hate - trick after trick after trick, odd line. I seem to prefer to watch a video now which has some thought gone into it, like the 20twenty video that boon posted with a bit of thought and creativity. I do think something to those standard's will be produced on a 24'' bike by a scots man soon though....

Don't get me wrong he is a amazing rider, and like you said its a revolution. However, just because its a big name people seem to get sucked into thinking he is THE best. I remember when I first started watching BMX video's, Cranmer was and still is my favorite rider, however Poopipe showed me some if you under rated riders, and there pulling the same lines. I still think he's a great rider but just don't think he's caused the revolution on his own, and it does involve lines from other riders.

But yer that video was impressive, enjoyed it. Just think its kinda like the TGS hate - trick after trick after trick, odd line. I seem to prefer to watch a video now which has some thought gone into it, like the 20twenty video that boon posted with a bit of thought and creativity. I do think something to those standard's will be produced on a 24'' bike by a scots man soon though....

Absolutely, Danny Mac is a revolution in riding. No doubt.

On the other riders and their fame and riders doing tricks before etc etc...I wouldn't know! I'm totally ignorant to BMX and always have been. When I used to ride there was alot of fights between BMX and Trials riders and this produced and non interest in each others sport.

I know for sure BMXers didn't give two sh**ts what we were doing and the feeling was mutual.

I ate, slept, breathed and pooped trials riding for the best years of my life but I've never heard of Cranmer or any other BMX riders (apart from the 'A list' of riders...Hoffman etc). I think that this gives me a slightly different view on the whole scene now. Fame isn't an issue with me and I'm purely looking at riding talent alone. I wouldn't know who's been on what Mag covers or who's famous for what tricks but that's the beauty of it. It doesn't matter because it people riding hard and pushing the boundaries.

I'm just over the moon people are blurring the Trials/BMX boundaries, getting on and making some amazing riding videos.

I've ranted on for long enough now...

Edited by Decade Ago

4:25 made me laugh...its as if pulling 7 consecutive tailwhips on tiny "mounds" not even jumps surely, is nothing to him

Backflip to frontflip was an epic sight :o and generally his lip tricks were really nice and planned

He is an awesome rider, no doubt, but I agree with the above too ^. Its very easy for people to appreciate scotty cranmer because hes such a big name, but there are others.....

There only a few bikers in the world that are at the top of their game and just pushing the limits so f**king much that really make me think, whats the point?? I'm never going to be as good as him.......... He's one of them.

Best BMXer on the planet. Period.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I love the unexpected lines that the more street riders hammer out, people like ruben, tom white/edwin delarosa etc.

They seem to use whats available to them in ways most people wouldn't even comprehend, in a similar vain to mr mac i guess.

With less then perfect kicks, rails, ramps and slopes they still are jaw dropping good.

Park altough impressive does get repetative (imo), fair enough this guy is churning out huge moves, and from his other vids he really can flow and pick a line soooo well.

I can't quite pick why i don't love it... maybe it just seems like for inspiration he goes on tony-hawks or something.

Edited by shamus

Without a shadow of a doubt, that is the best riding video I have ever seen.

Flowing, Inventive, Multi Disciplined, it had it all.

It is an inspirational video, and more than that, no other video has made me want to get on a bike more and go out riding and start inventing moves.

BMX aside, it showed the skills of him as a rider.

I'm not going to get into the bmx / mountain bike debate, but I was blown away by it

Darren

• 5 months later...
Absolutely, Danny Mac is a revolution in riding. No doubt.

On the other riders and their fame and riders doing tricks before etc etc...I wouldn't know! I'm totally ignorant to BMX and always have been. When I used to ride there was alot of fights between BMX and Trials riders and this produced and non interest in each others sport.

I know for sure BMXers didn't give two sh**ts what we were doing and the feeling was mutual.

I ate, slept, breathed and pooped trials riding for the best years of my life but I've never heard of Cranmer or any other BMX riders (apart from the 'A list' of riders...Hoffman etc). I think that this gives me a slightly different view on the whole scene now. Fame isn't an issue with me and I'm purely looking at riding talent alone. I wouldn't know who's been on what Mag covers or who's famous for what tricks but that's the beauty of it. It doesn't matter because it people riding hard and pushing the boundaries.

I'm just over the moon people are blurring the Trials/BMX boundaries, getting on and making some amazing riding videos.

I've ranted on for long enough now...

Sounds like what I used to have with myself (ex-Aggressive Inliner) and the goons (Skateboarders)

=]

Bumping an old thread which contains an old video. Sour... To make up for it, I present to you Mr. Harry Main:

Vimeo Video -> Original Video

RE: People disliking Scotty Cranmer - compare his style with Harry Main's. People like Harry Main's riding, people don't like Scotty Cranmer's riding. Spot the differences, especially seeing as Harry's doing more tech stuff than Scotty too...

And thought Scotty.C was tech, but this Harry dude is just sick! Its a close call between these riders because they are both doing progressively tech moves in terms of bike switching and multi-direction change.

Edited by Rusevelt

Bumping an old thread which contains an old video. Sour... To make up for it, I present to you Mr. Harry Main:

Vimeo Video -> Original Video

RE: People disliking Scotty Cranmer - compare his style with Harry Main's. People like Harry Main's riding, people don't like Scotty Cranmer's riding. Spot the differences, especially seeing as Harry's doing more tech stuff than Scotty too...

he should actually stop riding bmx

looks way to easy for him