MadManMike

Sorry guys

It just failed on 19 things

3 advisory

Fails including

Parking brake is bad in general, doesnt work and stick

I have a sticker on rear wind screen

Lamps are poo

Indicators are wrong colour( they are orange though)

Battery insecure

Broken coil spring

Anti roll bar joints poo

Cv joints

Advisory

Brake pipe slighlty corroded

Offside rear tyre has a cut in the inside

As soon as they lifted the car i knew there will be trouble. I think ill just put it into a junkyard and wait with a car until i need one and have a proper income

Knew it :P

My Corsa was a shambles when i bought, after I too had uttered the famous last words "it should fly through"

N/S and O/S front brake pipes excessively corroded 

front to rear brake pipes excessively corroded 

N/S rear brake pipes excessively corroded 

All brake flexi hose ferrules excessively corroded *dangerous* 

Brake flexi hoses insecure 

Parking brake efficiency below requirements 

Rear brake effort below requirements 

Wipers do not clear the screen effectively 

Rear number plate insecure 

They then advised on body corrosion, there was none, a brand new trackrod end, and a rear tyre. It kind of had to go in for a test just to see what was wrong with it. Stood me at 350. Then had two engines, both blew and then I scrapped it. Lasted 8 weeks. 

• Like 1

After giving the 306 a little look over it seems most of the consumables haven't been changed in a good 5-7 years.

The oil filter looks like the same one it rolled out the factory with and whoever changed the air filter doesn't know what a circle is.

Nice, look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Bought a set of wheels for the Fury, they came with tyres, turns out they were pretty shagged (old and hard). Could tell on the first roundabout but by then I was already on the way to the track... Was a bloody handful, spun for the first time in ages :( Haha. Still fun though!

http://youtu.be/OIw_DkCxtws

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OIw_DkCxtws

What an I doing wrong? I'm sure this used to work on the old forum?

Edited by Adam@TartyBikes
f**king YouTube

Spent all day yesterday replacing a hub and drive shaft. Drove it today, SAME NOISE STILL THERE. :(

So it's either the other hub, or the diff. Annoying. At least I now own a massive breaker bar and a blow torch, so next time will be easier.

On the plus side, I fitted a new battery this morning and it fires into life in half the time. Hopefully it'll stop being a dick randomly too.

What happens when you hit a tractor! The insurance are sending someone to look ta it to see if its fixable! Pretty sure its not. but what do i know!! 

probably it would fail less things in MOT than mine, but wow, were you driving the car?

• Like 2

Weekend well spent, finished off all the silent coat deadening, all panels have been coated with an inch overlap. Then hit the whole van with 3mm foam insulation to keep the warmth when camping.

IMAG1342_zpskhapp1fp.jpg

Made a huge difference to panel resonating too, really worthwhile. 

Next up was the carpet..

IMAG1346_zpsc2gif3sa.jpg

IMAG1348_zpswbzycfun.jpg

Ply board to go down tomorrow with a covering as well as the 'headliner'. I've got to cover panel boards too which will finish it off nicely.

• Like 2

Currently on route to brands hatch with a couple of VIP/all access media passes for me and a mate shooting pics of the British touring cars. :)

How was it? I went to Silverstone a couple of weeks ago as Joe Seddon was doing demos there, so dragged me along, free tickets for the weekend so can't complain. Really enjoyed it, although the touring cars were surprisingly a little dull compared to the Porsche GT cup and the Renault Clio Cup, they did sound and look awesome though.

No pics (shan't expose you to the rivetting images of bits of pipework and crap) but ripped out the SAI, N112 (inc vac reservoir) and N249 on my car this weekend with the hope of removing a vac leak. Need to get the thing smoke tested.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get fluorine lined silicone hosing (19mm ID) in black for less than £40 a metre?! 

• Like 1

Got a drone on Friday and took it out Saturday to practise flying and got a bit of footage of my friend in his s14a. Video is in HD on the vimeo website.

Liam's car is an absolute weapon, although probably not to anyone's taste on here.

20684311279_a248d722f3_c.jpg

21188395306_614540e37f_c.jpg

@RobinJI, did anything ever come of this?

[picture]

Sadly not. Life's got in the way of it too much and all physical trace of the project's gone now. I've still got the digital designs, and I'd love to one day build it (although probably not with a mini as the body), but I think it'll be a project for a few years time once I'm more settled. I'm sticking to rolling projects for now.

I finished modifying the Porsche's gear linkage yesterday, just got to put it all back together now the paint should have dried on it all. It'll be interesting to see just how harsh it is with the mounts so solid. Worst case I can pull them back out and re-introduce some voids in them