The Car Thread

MadManMike

Long story short, i had a prang in my car the other week.

The front pannel got pushed into the top of the injection pump , causing the microswitch to break and the throttle spindle to leak.

I replaced the top pannel of the injection pump, and now the cars running like a dog. It'll start and idle fine, and runs alright through the bottom of the rev range, but as soon as you take it above 3000rpm ish it misfires and smokes like a dog.

Anyone got any ideas? going to check the timing tomorow just incaase thats slipped a tooth/moved, but cant see it being that.

Would really like some help on this :(

post-27681-0-83837800-1358534897_thumb.j

Jardo, how do you make good cars so boring to read about?

On the matter of wide wheels < snow, some old pics;

DSCF1249.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

At the Nurburgring

DSCF0952.jpg

1DSCF0945.jpg

1DSCF0955.jpg

Really, really miss that car :(

Minus the exhaust thats looorvery!

Is that video of you nearly toasting yourself with the rear engine still floating about dude?

What was the reason you got shut of it? Am I right in thinking the twin engines were just a bit if a laugh before you got rid of it? I can remember it being beastly ha.

It was an experiment that turned out brilliantly, but it was ultimately doomed. I would have kept it regardless but I had to get out of my unit at short notice and there was never going to be anywhere for it to live sadly :(

It's fair to say that as a nation we suck when it comes to snow and ice.

All the schools in my area are closed and there's not even that much here - strange how other countries operate fine with 5 times as much snow.

Generally we don't use winter tyres, there's not enough snow days to warrant it really.

Generally we don't use winter tyres, there's not enough snow days to warrant it really.

I think people in this country probably are quite bad for just avoiding buying winter tyres to save some money.

Gave the focus some new front brakes the other day to get it ready for selling, the buyer didn't show up though.

Also got an MBC fitted in the Volvo brick, unfortunately wasn't able to fit the boost gauge so I haven't upped the boost yet. :(

I think people in this country probably are quite bad for just avoiding buying winter tyres to save some money.

Gave the focus some new front brakes the other day to get it ready for selling, the buyer didn't show up though.

Also got an MBC fitted in the Volvo brick, unfortunately wasn't able to fit the boost gauge so I haven't upped the boost yet. :(

I don't think it's saving money that is the reason, we have what, 5-10 days MAX of snow a year. Why buy a whole set of tyres for 10 days? Ultimately, we should be prepared in other ways. Working from home, public transport better prepared and so on.

I don't think it's saving money that is the reason, we have what, 5-10 days MAX of snow a year. Why buy a whole set of tyres for 10 days? Ultimately, we should be prepared in other ways. Working from home, public transport better prepared and so on.

There's a difference between winter tyres and snow tyres though... There'd be no point buying snow tyres but with 5-10 days MAX of warm weather a year we can more than justify winter tyres. :P