The Car Thread

MadManMike

Real slow progress today. Not only did I need to spend more time than I hoped on the actual filler part, which still completely sucks, I then spent far longer than I should have done to work out how my spray gun works. Took me a couple of hours, mainly because after a while I took it apart and missed a bit when I put it back together.

When I finally got it spraying it was dog shit too, so I've only managed to get the front arch in primer. Short bloody days mean I've had to come in already because I can't see anything. Hoping I can make better progress tomorrow. The idea of doing the actual colour coat scares the shit out of me.

Oh, and I can't imagine that primer much likes freezing overnight just after application either!

Edited by JD™

Yea, except I'm already shit hot at brush painting. Learning stuff when it's hard to do it is always useful for making it seem easy when conditions are perfect anyway. Plus, new toys. Might as well! At least I'm not spraying your car, eh?

I've definitely definitely just ruined the paint on my car. Not even temperature related, just 'in a rush' related, meaning I've got more runs than those returning with Delhi belly. Hope i can at least save it a bit by drying it off, rubbing it down, and hoping for the best... f**k short days.

In serious I wish I'd used rattle cans, as I know what I'm doing with those. It's strange how scary mixing up 2k paint and using a compressor and shit has been to me.

I've consigned myself to it not working this time, so I'm just going to throw some lacquer over it for protection and forget about it until the MOT is done. Then I'll find the funds for someone who knows what they're doing to get it done. Can't believe how much worse it looks than the bit of rust I was trying to fix!

I'll stick to writing code and marketing businesses, I think.

Edited by JD™

Today I received this It's my one of many Christmas presents to myself lol
The new tyres arrived too. Michelin PS3's for the rear as I already have some on the front and really get on with them
Started fitting the new wheel. This is the original, my god it's ****ing hugeeeeee!
Shiny parts. Opted for a momo boss with it having the larger cut outs for all 4 plugs (2 airbags, 1 horn and 1 cruise control stalk) and also the self cancelling indicator tabs on the back.
Unclipped the airbag.
Nice size difference between the old one and new one!
Then fitted the new boss.
Ordered an airbag light cancelling kit too that comes with a fused resistor. Luckily the momo boss came with one anyway, as I needed two that was spot on!
Fed it all through.
And all on. Really happy with the size (330mm), I couldn't imagine having the smaller 300mm one
Tyres are being fitted Friday and i've got a new Richbook ball gearknob on the way to fit to my Scenic gear stick with the StiffShift 3.0 kit that is also on its way! Ordered some RenaultSport mats from eBay too with black material, grey leather trim, grey logo and grey stitching hoping it's all going to take shape on the inside soon. Wallet has taken a right hammering lately but may as well do it now while i'm young before i'm constrained to having a mortgage, kids and wife lol
And got some Black series powerflex inner ARB bushes as mine are absolutely knackered. Can see the rubber has all cracked and split.
  • Like 2