The Angry Thread.

Blake

On 24/01/2017 at 1:00 PM, JT! said:

On 24/01/2017 at 1:25 PM, ben_travis said:

On 24/01/2017 at 2:21 PM, bing said:

On 24/01/2017 at 6:50 PM, isitafox said:

On 24/01/2017 at 7:47 PM, MadManMike said:

On 24/01/2017 at 11:17 PM, TROYston said:

And just like that - I've been offered a new job! 
Solid secure position with Wessex Water. Totally new, full training provided and a healthy 6k increase on my current wage. f**k yeah

• Like 8

Oh shit, our paths might cross!
That said wessex water are a bunch of arsebandits to work for, I think they still owe us over 10k for the warminster aerator project.  Notoriously bad at paying for equipment they've contractually bought.  Needless to say when the equipment failed because they hadn't greased it according to maintenance schedule, we offered them a price for refurbishment, funnily enough they didn't want to pay for the damage they had caused.  I think the plant is still running at 60% because of this.

Are you on the clean water or sewage side?  We (Tuke & Bell) don't deal with wessex a great deal because of their historic incompetance but we do some work with them :)

Edited by forteh
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, J.KYDD said:

I'm on the Sewage side of things :sick:

Likewise, I'm one of the design engineers for Tuke and Bell, we're one of the last of the original sewage m&e suppliers (since 1908) and have got kit all over the country. Last major wessex job we did was Warminster, but done a minor job at Compton Basset recently that's due to be installed in the next few weeks.

Yell if you have any questions, got 16 years experience now so can probably help if you're stuck :)

Edited by forteh

14 hours ago, forteh said:

Likewise, I'm one of the design engineers for Tuke and Bell, we're one of the last of the original sewage m&e suppliers (since 1908) and have got kit all over the country. Last major wessex job we did was Warminster, but done a minor job at Compton Basset recently that's due to be installed in the next few weeks.

Yell if you have any questions, got 16 years experience now so can probably help if you're stuck :)

For now, I'm on the jetting operations team. So if someone does a massive log and it won't get down the drains I'll rock up with my gert pokie/jetty stick and sort it.
Not the most glamorous job, but to be honest I'm just so damn stoked to be out from behind a desk and doing something active. It's also nice in that it can lead onto much more in the future 

• Like 2

Aha, so tanker/jetter :)

Some of the muckiest work alive!  Get you hepatitis and tetanus jabs up to date, you'll get used to the smell eventually.  I don't think we have any RBC* units down in wessex which is what is most likely to be tankered of our kit.  If you go to Warminster STW though, I designed the horizontal aerators there, you could namedrop and say that you once sold a BB7 for a bike with no seat to the guy to designed them :o

I recently surveyed an RBC unit that was due for refurbishment, didn't look like it had been tankered in the last few years and had a so little liquid in there because the tank was full of primary sludge :D

*Rotating Biological Contactor - we were one of the first designers/suppliers of these in the UK back in the early 80s.  We have been Severn Trent framework supplier for them since 2001 and we're now refurbishing the original units we put in; some 35 years later isn't bad going when the design life was 20 years!

• Like 1

Due to a combination of a little complacency on my part and a lot of being a mong from someone else, I managed to get a drywall screw threaded about 3mm into my finger yesterday. Hit the bone, hurt a lot, now rather swollen and pussy. Went to pull the thing out and it wasn't going anywhere so had to unthread it - lulz.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you just love its foibles :D 

Ours is running sweet, regularly working with 15k component assemblies without any hassle, created drawings for almost 200ks worth of work in 2 weeks, previously we would have been looking at 3-4 weeks with acad!

A well set up pdm vault, ssds and well modelled models (zero undefined sketches, minimal mates and sensible CDI approach) and it works lovely. Can still take an age to open some drawings but that's just a limitation of single threaded software.

I've set up and implemented every single facet of our SW environment so I know it inside out, I've tweaked and polished everything I can to make it work faster and on the whole it's great :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Greetings said:

The ex and I decided to part ways. We broke up 4 months ago but decided to give it another shot. We both found our new relationship lacking in emotion. We spent the last few hours together thanking for what we had and remembering the good times. 

:(

2 hours ago, Greetings said:

The ex and I decided to part ways. We broke up 4 months ago but decided to give it another shot. We both found our new relationship lacking in emotion. We spent the last few hours together thanking for what we had and remembering the good times. 

Sounds like you ended on good terms, which is something in itself. 

My one regret surrounding my last relationship is that it ended in quite the opposite way, and in hindsight I wish it hadn't. I don't regret that it ended, it just wasn't meant to be. 

You seem a decent guy. Keep your self busy and surround yourself with friends, you'll be okay. 

Edited by SamKidney

51 minutes ago, SamKidney said:

A mate of mine has just offered me strong money for my Civic Coupe. 

Torn between keeping it due to the hours I have in it, or taking the money and finding an Integra instead :( 

If it's genuinely good money, take it and get the Teg. Then STOP CHANGING CARS :P