The Angry Thread.

Blake

21 hours ago, SamKidney said:

Sounds like you ended on good terms, which is something in itself. 

My one regret surrounding my last relationship is that it ended in quite the opposite way, and in hindsight I wish it hadn't. I don't regret that it ended, it just wasn't meant to be. 

You seem a decent guy. Keep your self busy and surround yourself with friends, you'll be okay. 

Cheers Sam. Any particular reason why you wish your old relationship ended better? After all, it doesn't really change things now does it?

Spent the night with a girl I've been sort of going out with for the past few months. We've been seeing each other for 10 years now, usually to discuss important life events and offer support to each other. She was the first person to take me in after the breakup last year. She makes me feel happy and that's comforting but it was also a very disturbing experience in itself. It's so strange after all those years being with someone who feels totally different. Need to stay positive and handle things one at a time, keep an open mind, not judge or compare.

15 hours ago, Greetings said:

Cheers Sam. Any particular reason why you wish your old relationship ended better? After all, it doesn't really change things now does it?

No it won't change anything at all, I'm just not a fan of leaving anything on a bad note. There was no reason for the bitterness. 

Edit: when I say bitterness I don't aim it at your post, I mean at my situation with her at the time. Just re-read that and it reads as if I'm lashing out at you, not intended! 

Edited by SamKidney
  • Like 1

Not so much angry though I thought I'd post anyway. 

Arranged a job today on Monday. It was classed as urgent so I called Monday with no answer then sent a text. Got a reply saying that Wednesday was best for them. Ideally afternoon. 

Goes today 50 mins from my local area. Each way. 

Knocks on the door to be ignored, knocked harder knowing someone was clearly in and then again even harder. To have the door opened and her shouting at me saying "what do you want?" 

I said that I'd been sent via the landlord and that I'd spoken with her (the lady shouting) to arrange today. She denied all knowledge and continued in a raised voice to slag off me for waking her up and the landlord asking for my details and to report me for just turning up. I got out my phone and called the number I'd text and as soon as her phone rang I said "you're getting a call out bill of £45.00 via the estate agent for wasting my time which will have to be arranged before I come back to do any work on the property" then closed her door and walked away. 

I'm annoyed at it more so because it delays things as I now have to go back and I could be elsewhere doing other stuff I've planned. People are just painful!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paperclip said:

Not so much angry though I thought I'd post anyway. 

Arranged a job today on Monday. It was classed as urgent so I called Monday with no answer then sent a text. Got a reply saying that Wednesday was best for them. Ideally afternoon. 

Goes today 50 mins from my local area. Each way. 

Knocks on the door to be ignored, knocked harder knowing someone was clearly in and then again even harder. To have the door opened and her shouting at me saying "what do you want?" 

I said that I'd been sent via the landlord and that I'd spoken with her (the lady shouting) to arrange today. She denied all knowledge and continued in a raised voice to slag off me for waking her up and the landlord asking for my details and to report me for just turning up. I got out my phone and called the number I'd text and as soon as her phone rang I said "you're getting a call out bill of £45.00 via the estate agent for wasting my time which will have to be arranged before I come back to do any work on the property" then closed her door and walked away. 

I'm annoyed at it more so because it delays things as I now have to go back and I could be elsewhere doing other stuff I've planned. People are just painful!! 

How come you've deleted a load of us off Facebook mate? I'm well upset! 

• Like 1

On 10 March 2017 at 3:05 PM, Davetrials said:

Finally bed my rear brake in, one day later i bash it on a wall being an idiot and bent it, put on a spare, need to bed it in again. fml

Boil the kettle, pour over disc and pads and leave it to just cool down (for as long as it takes to put the kettle back), spin the wheel off so most of th excess water has gone then just dry it off using it. 

Works for me! 

I sprained my ankle pretty good last weekend and it's bloody torture being sat in this office seeing how sunny it is outside knowing I can't go ride, or walk properly anyway. Months of riding around in the dark and wet and then I go and screwed myself up just when things pick up. Really stressed out about it though with my history of ligament damage, I should have quit years ago probably... 

The forth trials video I've been working on has effectively been 4 years in the working with nothing to show for it. I'll just quit when I've finally made that, thought about it to much to not try it.

Injuries are a pain.

so after fudging my perfect rear brake, i installed a smaller rotor and began to make progress, bedding that in, i then use a water bottle which i assumed had only ever had water in it to douse my brake, turns out it previously had some kind of sugary drink which has completely ruined the pads as they now stick like shit to a blanket. so the BB7 now has a shafted rotor, and useless pads, I've done a full circle and put my 180mm bb5 back on the rear and I'm £45 lighter. fan f**kING tastic. 

oh well new month soon, ill try again then.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've moved back onto a normal trials bike, I've finally realised how much of my riding "ability" was being able to bunnyhop up big stuff and spin. My balance is shocking, and that really, REALLY upsets me. I guess that was the point of moving back to a normal bike, to actually improve. 

11 minutes ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

Now that I've moved back onto a normal trials bike, I've finally realised how much of my riding "ability" was being able to bunnyhop up big stuff and spin. My balance is shocking, and that really, REALLY upsets me. I guess that was the point of moving back to a normal bike, to actually improve. 

what's a normal trials bike? 26"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

The pictures of the paramedics helping the attacker... I just couldn't do it. I think I'd just be repeatedly punching him in the balls until he bled out!

He'd probably be more useful to the spooks whilst alive though. Plus the paramedics generally have a duty to help people regardless, which in itself is honourable.

32 minutes ago, Tony Harrison said:

He'd probably be more useful to the spooks whilst alive though. Plus the paramedics generally have a duty to help people regardless, which in itself is honourable.

also after an event you often don't immediately know who' s who. imagine the headline if a paramedic kicked the wrong person in the balls instead of helping, just because a bystander told him bullshit info...

• Like 2