The Angry Thread.

Blake

On 5/2/2020 at 10:20 PM, Tom Booth said:

Worst part about it is they did pretty much the same thing about 3 years ago but with less damage, I called the dad out next time I saw him and he just told me the floater ball they were playing with couldn't have done that. 

Pretty obvious it did, given the texture from the football was printed into the dirt on the van.

Just think people see it as a van so let's treat it as such. 

"(Ah) Idt'sir hoenly a [old/ageing] Van, wotsitmaddurgh??"

If me or the old boy had a £ for every time we'd heard a variation on that theme...

See also; one from the archive:

5eb05ef90fee5_IMG_4808(copy).thumb.JPG.b31fdd4d1e5e1093973c353e02d2a43f.JPG   

This is what parental absenteeism looks like.

Note the bend in that front roof bar - t'wasn't us, and I know how much (Kg) we've had strapped to them bars, so f**k knows what they did. I do know the screen was dented from above i.e. some c11nt stood up there and brayed f'ck out'et screen till it splintered then did one. They were that f kin bored and without structure/resulting morality that that seemed like good craic...

Edited by CC12345678910

No matter what I do I can not keep my feet warm when I go out riding.

I got some winterized skate shoes, wool socks with a pair of regular socks under them, all of my toes went completely numb. Tried the same shoes with a chemical warmer in them too and that slightly helped but I wasn't exactly comfortable. Temps on both rides were about -2c to 2c.

I'm running out of ideas.

1 hour ago, Davetrials said:

if your socks are too thick then you won't be able to move your toes? ar you clipped in or out?

Out.
And yeah with wool socks and regular socks I'm pretty packed into the shoes.

It's certainly not helping. But even with just a plain old regular sock and a hand warmer in there my toes still go numb. I think I'm gonna have to get a pair of electric socks.

Neoprene over shoes, silk or pure merino wool socks and not too tight should help. Keeping your legs and ankles warm helps as well, I have some under armour coldgear compression tights for rugby coaching in the winter and they're amazing under some baggies on the bike.

Edited by forteh

Yeah I also find bare legs compared with 'tights' makes a huge difference. Definitely proper wool socks, and shoes that give you enough space for toes to wiggle a bit. Everyone's circulation is different though, keep adding more layers from the waist down til you're more comfortable!

i'm a postie, and i'm f**king tired of this lockdown now. it's been like christmas for 6 weeks at work. my partner had gone sick on week 1, so i've been covering 2 rounds more or less by myself since, if i take my day off then whoever covers my round will fail most of it so i end up having to do more to catch up. they've slashed overtime spending, so i'm losing out about 150 quid a week cause i'm still working just as hard to stay on top of the workload. people are being shitty to me, i'm sick of people 'not hearing' me knock cause they're farting about in the garden, or still in f**king bed.or having a go at me for knocking to loud on their door. people don't see us in the street so i waste so much time waiting for people to pass by or have to go wide of them cause it's to hard to get out of my way when your f**king about on your one trip out a day. i thought people wouldbe skint or calm down after a month but it's relentless.

On 5/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, forteh said:

Neoprene over shoes, silk or pure merino wool socks and not too tight should help. Keeping your legs and ankles warm helps as well, I have some under armour coldgear compression tights for rugby coaching in the winter and they're amazing under some baggies on the bike.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:24 AM, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Yeah I also find bare legs compared with 'tights' makes a huge difference. Definitely proper wool socks, and shoes that give you enough space for toes to wiggle a bit. Everyone's circulation is different though, keep adding more layers from the waist down til you're more comfortable!

The problem is the rest of me is fine, too warm if anything. Certainly wouldn't want to add more layers to anything else. I'm gonna give a cheap pair of heated socks a try. If they work out I'll buy a better pair next winter.

But you keep your legs warm, your feet stay warm. Your core temperature is ok but as soon as the blood is in your extremities it's cooling down, manage your core temperature separate to your legs.

More layers is the only real way you'll keep the heat up, good thermal compression tights really will keep your feet warmer, shouldn't need anything else except shorts and a good foot insulator. Neoprene over shoes keep the wind chill and water off which is where the majority of the heat is lost, merino socks (not just some cheap wool mix) will help retain the heat. Think of it as lagging for a water pipe.

I suffer from reynauds syndrome so if the weather is cold my fingers and toes go numb extremely quickly. The above is what I've learned works best to keep some warmth.

Edited by forteh

On 13/05/2020 at 8:52 PM, ogre said:

i'm a postie, and i'm f**king tired of this lockdown now. it's been like christmas for 6 weeks at work. my partner had gone sick on week 1, so i've been covering 2 rounds more or less by myself since, if i take my day off then whoever covers my round will fail most of it so i end up having to do more to catch up. they've slashed overtime spending, so i'm losing out about 150 quid a week cause i'm still working just as hard to stay on top of the workload. people are being shitty to me, i'm sick of people 'not hearing' me knock cause they're farting about in the garden, or still in f**king bed.or having a go at me for knocking to loud on their door. people don't see us in the street so i waste so much time waiting for people to pass by or have to go wide of them cause it's to hard to get out of my way when your f**king about on your one trip out a day. i thought people wouldbe skint or calm down after a month but it's relentless.

Count yourself lucky mate. They're letting 1500 of us go

15 hours ago, forteh said:

But you keep your legs warm, your feet stay warm. Your core temperature is ok but as soon as the blood is in your extremities it's cooling down, manage your core temperature separate to your legs.

9 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Yeah, the blood going down to your feet is getting cold on the way there and back. If you end up too hot overall, relinquish a top half layer to keep it in check.

I can give it a shot, but I'm already riding with some thermal biking pants that have kept my legs warm all the way down to -7c. When it's a little above freezing I feel like they're probably overkill, I can't imagine wearing another layer under them, I'd start baking.

Fortunately this is a non issue now as morning temps have picked up.

4 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Ah dude, that sucks. :(

Have they told you who's for the chopping block yet, or just that that's the figure?

I know man. Really does! 

Not yet dude, just those are the figures at the moment. Scary times eh! 

On 5/14/2020 at 6:04 AM, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Man that sucks. It's a real shame when people don't think of others. Hopefully the rule relaxations in place now will make things a bit easier for you!

unfortunately i think it will do the opposite... RM is playing it pretty fast and loose with morality over the lockdown period at the expense of its frontline staff.

For cold feet etc - i go with some dhb tights (they are some of the few who do some nice soft warm ones without a padded arse bit, thick merino wool socks and neoprene overshoes. the other thing you can try is some waterproof socks. I find they are really good at stopping wind chill (depending on your shoes) and wet never goes well for my feet and staying warm. 

That sucks Mike, sorry to hear that.

When I left my last business premesis in October I took and emailed meter readings to british gas as requested by british gas, aswell as changing the bill payer to the landlord.

I've been contacted today by a debt recovery agency for the last 8 months electricity supply and usage as british gas appear to have  to done anything and the new tenants just ridden on free energy...

British gas arent answering taking my call as it's not an emergency, nor am I a key worker and the debt recovery agency are just following up on the case, they are actually quite understanding but still gotta do there job.

Looks like I'm about to be £1300 lighter ..

Surely you'll be able to get it back though?

If it's BG's cock-up there's no way they can get away with it long term. Shitty thing to have to sort out there, especially as it's not your fault.

And yeah my situation sucks. I'll find out if I'm the chosen one on the 1st of June and if so, I have 30 day consultation period and then I'd leave on the 30th with no notice period, they'd just pay me off. The package would be pretty good as they quite a bit over the statutory, but I'd rather keep my job!

God knows, last time british gas did something like this to me it cost me about £800 that they just kept and forgot about. 

I've still got the email I sent with the dates on etc but its wether or not BG are fair about it when this is all over and I can actually talk to someone.

It's scary times, lots of jobs seem to be on the block. Hope it plays out well for you Mike, keep us upto date dude.