The Angry Thread.

Blake

I've explained the same thing to a customer 6 times now. I've explained it in every way I can, yet they're still not getting it.

It gets to the point where you wonder if they're just trolling. Other than replying "Please see my previous six emails", I'm stumped on how to resolve this one :lol:

Feeling pretty stuck in terms of living situation at the moment. I'm still renting a room in London but have been back with my family for most of the lockdown, the problem now being said family. My dad and sister have really offended me in pretty deep ways recently so I'm tempted to go back to London now, the problem there is none of my friends are in London for the foreseeable future and the office is looking to be shut for the next few months at least, so there's no benefit there besides getting away from my family. I really just want to to talk to my ex-girlfirend at the moment but she's cut off all contact, so it's really like the life I was enjoying before lockdown just isn't there anymore. Work situation really sucks right now, although I know that's a petty thing to complain about when other people are way worse than me in that regard. Stilll, ploughing through a days work without the usual end of day stress relief stuff is lame.  

Also, notifications are no fun. Having a hard time adapting to the virtual living mentality, before I could seperate time by working in an office, but now it's feeling like life is a stream of emails and notifications. I've been getting better at using flightmode and things like that more often, have to say I resent it. I miss the days of being excited when I had a notification on my phone. 

slipped a pedal 30ft from my door, seem to have put my self back to February post-surgery and my ankle is huge.
I am less than happy.

Also work is really starting to get to me at the moment, having a day off and having no other team members to manage my emails is a joke, I have one day off and come back to a shit show.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:19 AM, Ali C said:

Today's will be my last one :P 

ASMR trials bike build! I watched this to relax before I went to bed last night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JT! said:

ASMR trials bike build! I watched this to relax before I went to bed last night.

Getting mixed opinions on that style but fortunately the majority seem to like it which is good because it’s a LOT easier to make than adding any talking 

Every year me and three mates go camping at an airshow. For the most part, it involves sitting in a field with a few beers, BBQ and camp fire, talking shite for a few days and forgetting all other responsibilities.

As expected, the airshow is cancelled this year. Sucks, but not the end of the world because we can just book a normal campsite and it'll be almost as much fun - same shit, fewer aircraft nailing it overhead.

I made all the enquiries, did all the searching for a suitable site etc... and nobody will commit.

I've been stuck in my flat for four months, whether they come or not, I'm going somewhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In another not unusual friday night in LA13 some paraletic darwin took significant exception to being ushered home by his party of absolutely slaughtered drunkards, resulting in an almighty scrap in the gutter opposite our front door, turning our front street into a scene akin to a yates' or 'spoons in the 10mins between boot out time and the slobbering 'tards finding a chips cheese & gravy to pass out face down into. We live on what has become a corridor between two sinkholes, so sadly this has become the sorta thing that invokes a jaded "Meh".

However this time this rat-arsed f**kwit decided to have a full nuclear sand-in-his-fanny tantrum, a mere part of which was lobbing what must have been his "tek it home wit cha" unopened bottle of desparado end over end and BOOM! Feckn bullseyed the poor caddy. Now everything within a 5ft radius is covered is sticky chav lager shite to boot.

5f0a04bd9a97c_IMG_5852(2).thumb.JPG.f8d0641abb3005bea7655ee19e48d562.JPG

That screens' only done ~5000miles since some urchin put a brick through the last one.

Dickheads.

Edited by CC12345678910

• 1 month later...

I've got to ring in at quarter to 3 this aft and have the "discussion" but I've took the view it is a foregone conclusion and this BS is due process. They are firing me and have to pay for the phone call. Just sums up what a shoestring outfit they are.

The only reason the two other depots can cover our workload is because the diy chain that the company I work for has the contract with, has reduced the scope of what the company I work(ed) for can do and is/has been for a long time constantly undermining both themselves and the contractors with contingencies and indecisive multiple trains of thought, all at once. If the DIY peoples would commit whole heartedly rather than undermine and ditther then all the delivery contractors would be running round like a dpd guy on a "avoiding that crash on't motorway so on a back lanes bomb bro" absolute friday afternoon tear.

Honestly me and the lad I work(ed) with, who'll also be redundant, were spitballing how we were not been given a fair shake of the workload for ages, even before april; always felt we were being done when our workload was light and we'd getting chatting to the other boys (the ones who keep their van/job) at an away spot somewhere whilst queuing to load up and they'd not only be off their feet but doing/had done jobs/drops that should have been ours whilst concurrently we'd be given the early finish.

The covid is just an excuse. It's telling I'll get the chop mid september right before the furlough scheme starts the taper out.

Anyway, vent over. That was carthartic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 week to go until i move in to my new place with my two best mates, and we get the text "sorry, the landlord has let the house to someone else, suck a dick, farewell"- bearing in mind we had signed a contract, paid deposit, paid first months rent. COMPLETELY illegal move. university lawyers on the phone, etc. basically: youre in the right, you can fight it, take them to court, but it wont be resolved in a week, and if you win the case and get legal fees reimbursed, the landlord and agency will now despise you and make life as difficult as possible for you.

cue some next level househunting, with the added pressure of not wanting to be rushed into something shit because we've got no time. and phone calls to sort out compensation for potentially paying more for elsewhere. 

sorted now, but f**k me, not what i needed. in my naivety i didn't realise agencies would screw you over like that.  anyway. needed to rant. see some of you in bristol this sunday i hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Take action. When that sort of shit goes unchecked they think they can do it again. Agency’s have to be accredited to a professional body still I think, so at the least you should make a complaint to them. If you signed a contract then breaking for no reason has to occur a cost.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadManMike said:

Agreed - Miele Complete C3 here, great piece of kit

What has my life become, discussing vacuum cleaners on an internet forum about stupid bikes with no seats!

:)

edit: we're rocking a henry, it's 14 years old now, has had the abuse of 4 different children standing on it to get food from the fridge, overheated due to being used as router table dust extractor in the middle of summer and dealing with a neverending source of labrador glitter (ginger hairs everywhere!) yet still he keeps plodding on. Accept no substitute, buy a henry :D

Edited by forteh