The Angry Thread.

Blake

1 hour ago, manuel said:

T20 World Cup is shit. Not because England lost but because Dubai is a shit place to play cricket - toss of the coin is 100% decisive in the night games so far. It’s just dull.

I would go as far as to say that 1) Dubai is a shit place and also 2) Cricket is just dull. :D 

The NHS (in particular the fracture department in Stockport) can suck a dick. 

Spent 4hrs here last week waiting with my son (10:10 appointment, got seen at 13:10!) and now looking like another long wait after one of the clinic doctors just hasn't shown up! 

I remember why Ebay selling is absolute dogshit now.

Sold an item for £205 through an offer, eBay have taken their cut and I've come out the other side with £172, because I haven't sold for a few years and my bank account has changed they are holding the payment, also incase the buyer has an issue with the brand new boxed never used brakes he's just bought.

Because he's left positive feedback, they've bought releasing the payment forward from the 4th December to the 3rd....

I've got 52 items selling on ebay now and I don't envy having to deal with that crap when it inevitably comes.

I'm angry because I've ordered three things recently only for them to turn up damaged or just made wrong.

First was a radiator cover that was such bad quality they don't even want it back, they just refunded me and told me to dispose of it.

Second was a shoe storage hall bench, arrived fully built (wasn't that big) and badly damaged, awaiting a reply.

Third was a custom neon sign of my personal logo for my office, took a couple of weeks to arrive but it came today...it's backwards! It's also just wrong with it not actually being the same as my logo even when the right way round.

As I typed this I'm getting a carpet fitted, we have a long hall and specifically didn't want a join. The supplier came and measured and said they have one that's just big enough to do this but we had to get their biggest roll. The fitters have just this moment told me it won't fit and there will need to be a join...I'm actually raging as we could've probably saved money with a smaller one. 

Edit: Totally forgot that someone scammed me for £35 on a pair of BMX tyres on FB market, sent payment via bank transfer (figured a fan of the channel wouldn't scam me) and the tyres never arrived and then he stopped replying to my messages (while posting every day on his personal FB page) so that's not something I can fight.

This weeks been shit

Too late, I just let them finish. The joint is subtle but you can tell it’s there which is going to drive me mad. I’ll certainly be telling the company that they need to be more accurate with measuring and perhaps a small refund would nice.

2 hours ago, Ali C said:

Third was a custom neon sign of my personal logo for my office, took a couple of weeks to arrive but it came today...it's backwards! It's also just wrong with it not actually being the same as my logo even when the right way round.

Who made it Ali? If they won't rectify it or whatever there's a good place in Sheffield I've told people to go to before, it's not 'proper' neon, it's insanely bright LED ribbon on polycarbonate, but its really nice for the money and looks good on camera rather then traditional neon..

On 11/23/2021 at 4:29 PM, Tom Booth said:

Who made it Ali? If they won't rectify it or whatever there's a good place in Sheffield I've told people to go to before, it's not 'proper' neon, it's insanely bright LED ribbon on polycarbonate, but its really nice for the money and looks good on camera rather then traditional neon..

It was a place called Sculpt.

I have an update though…turns out I’m just a colossal muppet and couldn’t work out that MY OWN LOGO was upside down! 

I’m so embarrassed 

43A29645-F7B3-4F3A-AF5D-EFFFE7FAC882.jpeg

C4EBC4A9-0CA4-4EE2-81BA-C849E676EB96.jpeg

• Like 7

On 23/11/2021 at 2:58 PM, manuel said:

call their bluff and say you don't want it.... 

also an update, I rang the carpet place and explained how we weren't happy wit hthe join. They agreed there shouldn't have been one and are replacing the carpet. So that's two of my angry items sorted.

• Like 5

got a google doorbell for being able to answer the door whilst I'm in the shed. That all works fine and dandy, problem is when I'm out the notification for a doorbell push is a tiny short ping or buzz (I run silent all the time) which i can't even feel when my phone is in my pocket. Can't change the notification type at all and it doesn't just 'ring' like a video call which would be so much better. Stoopid google are idiots.

Bloody renting crap... Our flat's had a notice about spending over the bills allowance when I'm already wearing thermal layers and wrapped up in a sleeping bag when I've been working from home. Place is impossible to dry clothes in and there's no where outside to stick, and, this is December. I've been using a dehumidifier but I guess I better get used to breathing in the damp again. 

• 5 weeks later...

Son ordered a Clicbot (https://keyirobot.com/en-gb) with money he's been saving for over a year, arrived today and bloody thing won't turn on or respond to being plugged in. 

Pissed off cause my son is absolutely distraught and now we're gonna have to wait days to hear back from them and who knows how long to sort it out. 

44 minutes ago, isitafox said:

Son ordered a Clicbot (https://keyirobot.com/en-gb) with money he's been saving for over a year, arrived today and bloody thing won't turn on or respond to being plugged in. 

Pissed off cause my son is absolutely distraught and now we're gonna have to wait days to hear back from them and who knows how long to sort it out. 

Damn I'm not surprised after watching this. Looks so cool.

With regard to your problem made me think of this scene from the Matrix.

1 hour ago, Rusevelt said:

Damn I'm not surprised after watching this. Looks so cool.

With regard to your problem made me think of this scene from the Matrix.

After joining the group on their Facebook page it sounds like a bad batch has gone out as quite a few people had the same problem. At least he didn't get it as a Christmas present or Christmas day would have been terrible

• Like 1