The Angry Thread.

Blake

5 hours ago, Davetrials said:

It weird how nobody has posted the UCI world cup video, not really angry, but we dont have  a middle ground

It was posted in 2 different threads I believe. But I think if any video deserves it's own thread, that would be it!

I think that's probably down to being interviewed for a primarily foreign audience. You hear it quite a lot in motorsports too where and English racer is giving an interview in English to a foreign interviewer but is enunciating words weirdly and changing the order of the words to make it sound right for a French audience for an example. Cal Crutchlow was always a good one for that. They basically end up sounding like a foreign person speaking English...

I guess this is the most relevant thread for this post. My 15 year old nephew was recently diagnosed with a brain tumour, had most of it removed and analysed and we had the awful news that it's Glioblastoma - there's nothing available in the UK that can save him, but there's new treatment in Germany that has a chance. We're trying to raise funds to get him there, but the target is very high. This news would be crushing at any time, but for a 15 year old kid it's just terrible. I'm not great with words at the best of times, but I'm totally lost for them at the moment, I don't even know what to say to my brother really. Awful doesn't do it justice, but it's the word that springs to mind every time.

I'm spamming the link everywhere I can, in the hopes that it goes viral.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-oli-fight-cancer

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear about this Mike.

A friends brother, with the same grade of tumour (or perhaps worse?) was refused treatment on the NHS because he had such a poor prognosis, but went vegan and it has now disappeared. Not saying the two are linked but... Worth a shot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Very sorry to hear about this Mike.

A friends brother, with the same grade of tumour (or perhaps worse?) was refused treatment on the NHS because he had such a poor prognosis, but went vegan and it has now disappeared. Not saying the two are linked but... Worth a shot. 

He's been diagnosed with Glioblastoma which unfortunately in the UK is pretty much 0% survival rate - it's more about how long, not if it can be cured. Apparently the new treatment in Germany and the US is very promising, but treatment alone starts at £40k, then you've got all the associated costs, travelling there weekly or staying there. Glioblastoma is different to other brain tumours in that it grows tentacles, so it's impossible to remove it all, but from what I've heard this new treatment is a vaccine that trains your body to attack the specific type of cell, far more effective than chemo / radiotherapy.

It's just horrendous.

Glad to hear your friends brother beat it, always nice to have news of positive outcomes.

Yeah he switched to a vegan diet a couple of years ago and it kept it at bay, didnt get any better but certainly didn't get any worse.

He started a course of treatment that was hormone based in Germany last October and he got the all clear in December, absolutely unbelievable, I know it hit him hard, like double dose of chemo hard, but results were there.

Saw him yesterday funnily enough, he looked really well. It's a testament to good diet and research really. He has an 8 month old boy now too

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a set of 9mm end caps and a Superstar 9mm quick release through axle last night as I was sure I'd left mine on an old bike I sold. 

Just had a quick look in my other toolbox and bloody found them >_<

Intelligent me would send the new ones back and get my money back, actual me will probably keep them both and spend more money hunting down another front Pro 2 to sit in my spares box gathering dust with my other rear.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not angry but a little disappointed.

As some will know I’m about to permanently move into my new house which is a two bed Bungalow. We’re needing to redecorate as the previous owner was a 93 year old lady so you can imagine she had different tastes (shame as the house is immaculate!).

Before we decorate we wanted to convert the loft to futureproof the house for when we eventually have children…we like the idea of a bedroom and office upstairs which leaves two spare rooms downstairs, it’s also adding value to the house which isn’t a bad thing.

Because it’s a bungalow the footprint is quite large and has a large loft space…we had someone come round to give a quote and he said we had a usable space of over 70sqf.

I had in my head roughly 25k for a simple conversion…we got quoted 80k! they said we didn’t have to use all the space and would still have a couple of nice big rooms if they brought the walls in a bit (which makes sense) but even then it was 40k :( 

we need to get some other quotes but loft conversions are more than I thought, I guess rising timber prices haven’t helped

48 minutes ago, manuel said:

Get many quotes… 80k sounds waaaay over the top. I guess if you have to change the entire roof structure, but even then… 

This seems like it’s a pretty high-end company, you get a single project manager throughout the process from start to finish.

I’ll get some more quotes but I guess this is just a bad time in general to be looking at this sort of work

There's no mildly irritating thread....

One of my first beginner trials videos I put on youtube  seems to have gone 'viral' with 1.1K views in the past month and maybe 3 comments! Can't be doing with that! I deleted one of the comments because it wound me up. Think the title was the problem, so changed it and deleted the tags. Hopefully the YT algos will stop pushing it on people now - fingers crossed. (For context: the 2nd top video in the past month got 54 views).

Edited by marg26