The Angry Thread.

Blake

4 hours ago, Pete.M said:

I'm with you. Absolute faff. 

But I'm particularly screwed because I basically haven't bothered dating for my entire life, and I think it shows :pinch:

I should just get a dog and settle down. 

That's a bit pre-judgemental isn't it?  I mean she might be a lovely lass! :)

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Rant incoming!!!

f**king in laws messing is doing my head in. 

New house needs rewiring and bay window replacing. Father in law said he would sort window out which I was fine with so I was planning stuff out for the electrics (switch locations, etc) before ringing a spark to come and have a look when I got told my father in law had sorted it with a local lad who is from a farming family and does electrical contracting. Sorted him coming down and came with him to see what wanted doing expecting it only needed a few sockets changing. He's now dealing with it and I have no idea what the f**k is going on regarding when he's coming, or what he's even doing! 

After that f**ked me off I said leave the window and I'd sort it as he'd taken over the electrics, got told he'd already arranged a guy to come and look at it (who I don't particularly like as I was a window fabricator for years and I know these guys aren't particularly great when it comes to fitting) so I said fine but I needed him to look at a couple of other windows as well that needed doing and may as well be at the same time. 

Anyway, long story short the wife has covid so I said come after she'd recovered and measure the lot but he came yesterday to just do the bay, I asked him when he could come and measure the others and he kind if shushed me saying not yet, they don't need doing yet. 

Turns out the father in law is having them do it so he can run it through the farm and claim the vat back on his tax bill and they just keep saying they're only trying to help. f**king fuming at the whole thing, just want to tell them to do one and keep iut of it but my wife is sympathetic to them and thinks I'm just being grumpy. 

More the point I've got two contractors coming ripping half the house apart and I have no idea when it's happening or what is planned 

1 hour ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

But you're not paying, right?... Sounds like a win to me!

I wouldn't want to, I have no idea what is getting fitted regarding sockets/switches/wiring on the electric and the window company are absolute garbage. I was a window fitter for 5-6 years and got an NVQ in window and door fabrication so I know how rough these guys are. 

With the electrics I needed to get the loft cleared and partially boarded out first and sort the minor mouse problem out to make life nicer/easier but f**k that now, he can deal with it when he comes... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the washing machine has been getting noisy on the spin cycle of late, seal has obviously failed and washed the grease out of the inner bearing. Outer bearing is perfect and the drum is rock solid with no movement so now is the ideal time to pop new bearings in. It's 7-8 years old and has been washing nappies all of its life so to be fair it's done incredibly well.

Except f**k you beko, what tosser though it was a good idea to weld the two halves of the plastic outer drum together so you cannot get the inner drum out to replace bearings. 140 quid for an entire drum assembly and throw the entire thing away....

Bollocks to that, the machine might go pop next week so we're not going to spend 140 quid on a new drum.

Enter Mr hacksaw, after 3 hours of sawing I now have the inner drum out, ready to get new seal and bearings tomorrow.

What a bloody ridiculous design, it appears to be rife with most of the manufacturers now :(

Aneurin helped me with a spare hacksaw blade converted into a padsaw with some cardboard and masking tape for a handle :D

PXL_20220207_192204181.jpg

PXL_20220207_212221595.jpg

Edited by forteh

I found this out recently while looking for a washing machine and dryer. There's a UK company called EBac that are trying to resolve this issue by selling all the spare parts to their machines. The problem is they are shite and what I've read the delivery company (DX) are a huge part of the problem.

This is just another case of manufactures building in obsolescence so you have to buy a new one every few years. I personally think this is a big issue that should be sorted to save the environment.

Yeah I've heard the name ebac but not looked into them, it would appear that only a few companies still split the drum to allow bearing replacement.

Pulled the old bearings and seal out this morning, went and got replacements from the local engineering supply and set about cleaning the drum up before putting them back in.

A YouTube video had suggested using gorilla glue to stick the two halves back together but this one is polypropylene so all but impossible to glue. Bolted the cut flange back together with about 20 M5 screws and nylocks and then welded the joint shut with an old soldering iron. Tested it with a couple of gallon of water as a drip test and all seems to be water tight.

Just finished putting it back together and run a rinse and spin cycle though and all sweet as a nut and back to being virtually silent again :)

Total cost, just over 35 quid.

How long it lasts is anyone's guess :D

I think it'll be ok as long as there isn't a massive out of balance load. The concrete balance weights are attached to the front and back sections of the drum hence if there's loads of movement then it'll be stressing the weld rather a lot. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bit of grit in my eye, no idea where it came from but it appeared JUST as I got into bed. I was extremely tired to the point of being cranky anyway but now this is stopping me from sleeping…it happens to be more irritating when I close my eye which is inconvenient. 

it’s almost 4am and I just got out of the shower where I tried to run loads of water in my eye but that didn’t work, absolutely raging! 

I had a balloon explode whilst blowing it up, a whipping tail end hit me in the eye and badly scratched the cornea. Went and got it checked at minor injuries and they gave me some ointment to keep it lubricated. Spent a day not being about to look at any light and it was fixed after that. The eyeballs heal stupendously quickly but really annoying because it prevents you do lots of things.

Don't you just hate it when you upload your commute to Strava. Click save, and Strava has become unavailable. Grrrrr! Especially when I had managed to appropriate Public Enemy lyrics to embody my ride! #stravawanker #nobodycares

Edited by marg26

Served a consultant from the conference tonight who drinks Laphroaig with diet coke. Nuff said.

Angry no 2)  The conference, (though linked to my continued employment) it's been my task tonight to clear it and set up for Sunday's wedding and whilst doing so I've been reading the total wank they've been 'learning' for the week.

Reaferms that the NHS doesn't need yet more investment; it needs to stop such bullshit as funding outsourced private sector 5 day expenses paid residential jolly's in Lake District hotel's (quote: Orr tis' a shame this is the last one of these for a bit, really like doing these... /endquote) , and spend some money on some more minions so they can get on treating sick people - but everyone involved knows they're on Easy Street and turkey's don't vote for Christmas.

Having a meeting about tuesday's meeting that's going to discuss the meeting next week - that's where our taxes get squandered people.

Cancer sucks. Chemotherapy sucks. Its like my life has been ripped out from underneath me overnight. Just a tad over a month ago, I was envisioning that at this point I'd be off work and with friends in Poland (prior to shit hitting the fan out East). I had all my final assessments scheduled to raise my rank to Chief Officer... Just a month ago I thought professionally and leisurely my life was on point.  Just a month ago I was finishing a 4-month contract on my vessel and really f**king stoked to plow forward.

I thought I was done with this cancer shit, and my yearly routine scan found that its back and spread. Now as a 31-year-old man, I'm back in my hometown, chilling in my childhood bedroom. Thankful my folks are able to help get me through this, as I there is no way I can even drive post treatment, as I'm f**king doped up.  However, it is a completely humbling, lifechanging and isolating experience. Almost everyone I know in this town is a piece of shit, I literally have had people hitting me up for money--bitch, I don't even know when I'm able to work again.

Edited by US_BenR
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...