The Angry Thread.

Blake

Sapce to himself? Eh? Was your sister happy with that? anyway, you agree'd to move in with a guy so you could listen to him pork your sister? Jokes on you!

Basically because he has so much crap. The spare room is just full of junk. Same could be said about all my bike bits though...

Never heard anything actually, the bedrooms are about 15-20 metres away from each other...plus rent is about £60/month

Ah right, sounded more like he was a loner and wanted to get away from your sister whenever he felt like it so needed a spare room to hide in..."Takes one to know one" as they say!

20 meters! f**king big flat then?

He's a nice guy and we generally get on well. He's just a bit odd at times, set in his ways kind of thing.

I'll get the trundle wheel out tonight...not massive maybe closer to 15m, the bedrooms are just at opposite ends of the flat rather than being next door to each other.

Trundle wheel - LOL.

Only real life situation Ive used one of them in was when measuring the distance between two "corner shops" when my paper shop was applying for their drinks licence. I was like, "Ive done this shit before...In school"!

Edit: Then trundled the shit out of that wheel.

Edited by Ross McArthur
  • Like 2

Sometimes I love living on a farm and sometimes I f**king hate it. As my father in law is a farmer he believes that people should not spend money nor have hobbies or things they enjoy when you're my age. His basic outlook on life is classic farmer, make do and spend as little as possible. There's about 10 Apollo/Universal/generic catalogue shite bikes under 8 inches of dust people have abandoned here over the years that he thinks are perfectly fine to ride, I'm talking stuff that would make a scrapyard look messy.

He constantly says I'm too old to be riding and should be thinking about my kids instead of doing stupid things. I asked if I could convert one of the empty barn lofts into a proper workshop to keep all my bikes and tools and stuff clean and safe and instead I've been allocated a corner of the loft under the big shed. When I said about keeping stuff clean which I won't be able to do in the shed he said I should make do and stop spending, I said that's what I'm trying to do but if I leave my stuff in there it gets covered in shit and dust within about 2 days and it's all going to be ruined and need replacing.

All I want is a f**king shed with a light and a plug socket, is that too much to ask?

No offence but I do kind of agree with him, like if I had a new born I wouldn't even think about being on here / bike stuff / facebook etc But of course that is just me.

Why? Newborns sleep 20hrs of the day for the first few weeks!

It's not purely cause I've got kids its just the general farmers take on life of "if it's broke, fix it with some twine and some 2nd hand rusty nails" and "don't buy new, wait till someone throws it away and then use that"

Your father in law sounds like a twat.

I was about to type this very thing but you beat me to it. You forgot to put narrow minded in though.

There's not a lot you can do though Dave, it is his manor after all. Try to grin and bear it, and if all else fails, call him a c*** several times over. I called my father in law a c*** in front of our Maude's mum and now we get on like a house on fire. He even comes to do our garden. And he used to be a miner, which means he's a right militant old f**ker. Progress in my eyes

Edited by bing

I'm starting to get pissed off at my recently acquired Galaxy S3. The battery needs a full charge ever 8-12 hours and I hardly use this piece of crap. It even goes flat overnight. Actually, it needs to be on the charger all the time in case I have to leave the office. Apparently the battery life on this phone is supposed to be good. Can't imagine what it'll be like if I go on holiday, will probably have to carry a charger and spare battery with me anywhere I go...