The Angry Thread.

Blake

He probably means the process of them bedding in, aluminium returns to its original length after being stretched until it snaps which is why it has a large use in trials. When you build a wheel you need to stress the spokes so it all sits properly, you do this by standing on the rim when the hub's on the ground. If you're a spac and don't do this when building it you have to tighten after a ride or two.

What is with Brad and his friends?

Some kind of benefit, I guess

I have £8 on my account after some reaaallly expensive weeks. So it will take 2-3 weeks to spare up enough money for the rest of the bike and little bit for safety

aluminium returns to its original length after being stretched until it snaps

Spokes are steel, but both those materials show the same properties, yeah.

he said they would strech 1mm maximum, not sure if thats a lot or not

I'm not sure how much spokes would stretch at full tension, but it could be worked out fairly easily. 1mm makes no difference to being able to true the wheel though.

What is with Brad and his friends?

In other news, went out on my Skye for the first time in about 4 months. I'm totally out of shape, plus I snapped a spoke and there is now a nipple rattling around my rim.

Just need to deflate your tyre, slide it to the side, lift the rim tape up at the bottom of your wheel and give it a shake. The nipple will drop out easily enough (Y)

• Like 1

Just need to deflate your tyre, slide it to the side, lift the rim tape up at the bottom of your wheel and give it a shake. The nipple will drop out easily enough (Y)

Cheers, I was going to have a play with it tonight. Thought my hub was disintegrating from the tinkling sound it was making before remembered that I had removed a spoke not 20 minutes before. I think I'm getting old!

ProTip: You can just bend the spoke round so it's held in place by the other spokes if that happens again, then you don't have to deal with that shit 'til you're good and ready.

Kudos for spoke snappage though! Might be worth giving the wheel a bit of TLC as and when you come to replace it...

ProTip: You can just bend the spoke round so it's held in place by the other spokes if that happens again, then you don't have to deal with that shit 'til you're good and ready.

Kudos for spoke snappage though! Might be worth giving the wheel a bit of TLC as and when you come to replace it...

Yeah, I bent the short end near the hub but perhaps, like you say, stupidly removed the longer part that was attached to the nipple. Weight saving and all that!

Sadly I only snapped it when I lazily hit the rear wheel off a kerb... I'm blaming it on the newly intalled Saints, so much stopping power it's pulling the bike apart! The whole bike needs a bit of TLC though.

No, it's completely the right thing to do. How does the courier get in touch with you unless your details are on the front? If the van driver gets to your house, they can ring you, or if the package is damaged at any point, they can email you.

Saving money is proving harder than I thought.

Chances of running a car when I pass my test are slim. Cheapest quotes without a box are at £2000-£3000.

Apprentice wage means that after paying insurance each month Im left with roughly £200 for the rest of the month.

Board is £100 a month (lucky), and my phone costs me £32.00 a month.

Leaves me around £78.00 to run the car, pay for food and other things.

Which would be great if I can deal with spending zero money on anyone at all, or go without any luxuries.

Got all excited for something I cant afford to do.

Edited by SamKidney