The Angry Thread.

Blake

Is that for the Civic? Might have to drive something nastier for a year or so.

Thats for a 1.2 Corsa C / 1.4 Corsa B.

Unfortunately I live in a Bradford postcode, notoriously more expensive to insure because of the large number of twats here that decide to drive with no/false insurance or entirely illegally.

I could insure my Civic at £1700 with a box but I dont want to be limited to pottering around and have no fun.

Ive tried the likes of a little 106/Saxo, but my area means quotes dont really drop below £2000 with me being a first time driver.

Insurance is SO much cheaper at my Dads address, but with it not being my perminent address the insurer could get iffy about it if they knew I spent most of my time up north.

£38 mine is! Yay.

Sam, get a bike! Cheaper, faster and more economical, just a small sacrifice in that it has no roof.

Debating a bike, my run from here to Silsden every day would mean one would make perfect sense.

Its the 70/80 miles I'm doing every Friday/ returning Sunday I do to travel to the old mans which puts me off.

Probably have to borrow the money off the parents, or go on their policy with my car as a named driver.

Edited by SamKidney

Was thinking perhaps if I created a bank account with my Dads address it gives some form of proof of address should I need to fall back on it?

I dont know, I'll probably risk it anyway and insure it at my Dads address. I do pretty much live there, I only come "home" to go to college/work anyway.

My housemate is a f**king retard. She had a full on breakdown/ series of major psychotic epidoes/ thought she was in control of space and time last year, got so bad we were in serious talks with people about getting her sectioned, all from smoking a shit-tonne of bud every week which royally f**ked with her pre-existing mental health issues. Her girlfriend's moved in with us and they've spent the past week sat in her room blazing. Somewhat infuriating.

Edited by Skoze

Saving money is proving harder than I thought.

Chances of running a car when I pass my test are slim. Cheapest quotes without a box are at £2000-£3000.

Apprentice wage means that after paying insurance each month Im left with roughly £200 for the rest of the month.

Board is £100 a month (lucky), and my phone costs me £32.00 a month.

Leaves me around £78.00 to run the car, pay for food and other things.

Which would be great if I can deal with spending zero money on anyone at all, or go without any luxuries.

Got all excited for something I cant afford to do.

Those quotes sound way too high. I got a quote at 1300 the other day for when I pass my test. Has a box but it has no curfews or fines

Not angry, merely weirded out. I have to go join a gym chain tonight because my old man is shutting down the one near me. Always had the luxury of using his, so it's going to be very strange.

Edited by JD™

Hate missed oppertunities.

Boss (Uncle) was selling a tidy little 02 plate, Corsa SXI 1.2 in black. 3 door hatch. Cheap insurance, decent looking car.

Not a massive fan of them, but I thought I'd ask him yesterday and seeing as he pretty much got given it, I thought I'd be cheeky and offer £300 for it.

Turns out he sold it to our electrician, for £160... there are other cars, but this only needed a service, tax and test and a timing chain, which I could do for nothing.

AND

My current Corsas got mould in it. Turns out being stood for 6 months without being aired out isnt good for them.
Been offered £600 for it though. Every cloud..

Hate missed oppertunities.

Boss (Uncle) was selling a tidy little 02 plate, Corsa SXI 1.2 in black. 3 door hatch. Cheap insurance, decent looking car.

Not a massive fan of them, but I thought I'd ask him yesterday and seeing as he pretty much got given it, I thought I'd be cheeky and offer £300 for it.

Turns out he sold it to our electrician, for £160... there are other cars, but this only needed a service, tax and test and a timing chain, which I could do for nothing.

AND

My current Corsas got mould in it. Turns out being stood for 6 months without being aired out isnt good for them.

Been offered £600 for it though. Every cloud..

Is it just mold on the steering wheel and dash? that just wipes off and cleans really easy, my car had it when I didn't drive it for a few weeks in the rainstorms

Just asked my other veggie housemate about how much was hers 'yeah some of it's mine, but to be fair we need it in there - there's 6 of us sharing a tiny fridge so unless we get a bigger one we've just gotta live with it'

Or you could not be such a cunt/ not buy so much the other 3 of us can't use the thing.

Managed to split my palm open a short distance along what is, according to this, my heart line:

Hand-Astrology-Love-Marriage.jpg

Means when I'm riding I have to hold on like a spaz and therefore can't do a lot of stuff that well at the moment (no change there amirite), and I assume that it also means I've torn my heart and I'm going to die.

• Like 3