The Angry Thread.

Blake

Is it known to be bad? Or is that a Scottish joke? I'm not sure... Anyway, I was there for work. Seemed sorta ok but couldn't work out if it was a shithole or just normal for scotland. Some quite nice views on the drive up though.

Edited by N.Wood

I'm not particularly informed on the area being from the Highlands, so by no means the best judge of it more just a bit of banter. Historically Ayrshire and Renfrewshire were pretty big mining areas so there's never been a huge deal of wealth. I think house prices there are fairly low compared to other parts of Scotland and recently saw a report claiming Ayrshire is a hotspot for poverty. Personally find that area SW of Glasgow to be pretty grim. Just like any other country there's the nice parts and the not so pleasant, even down to the local regions. I'm sure many people from around there think the Highlands is a shitty place to be living, but definitely couldn't generalize Scotland.   

Edited by OlegTinkov

To be honest I moved away when I was 6 months old and neither mum or dad were from there (dad was an air traffic controller and mum was at the met office at Prestwick) so I have no idea what Ayrshire or Irvine is actually like! Brought up north of Aberdeen which was a bit driech(sp?) but good for trials and now in sunny Dorset which isn't bad at all!

When selling second hand goods - the people who offer you wayyyy under what you're asking with the defense of "I could get a new one/top model for that"... So go and buy a top/new one? As though telling me how much they cost in the shops is going to make me change my mind and let it go for nothing?! :huh:

So I stacked it at Afan yesterday, loosened a few spokes and broke something in my fork.

I just called TF Tuned and they said I'd be better off replacing the fork - fair enough, it's only £130 odd for a new set.

Tredz have asked me to send them back for warranty inspection - I'm hopeful that they'll honour the warranty, it's just annoying that my bike and car are both out of action as I was using that bike to get to work in the absence of a car.

Heading to Forest of Dean next Saturday, I've gotta take the fully rigid DMR instead - single speed and no suspension will be interesting.

It's a RockShox XC30, so only a budget fork. I'm not sure what the problem is, but when you return to the static position they make a loud banging noise. If you're going over slightly bumpy terrain it makes a racket.

TF Tuned said they weren't sure it was serviceable as it's a cheap fork and the cost of shipping and inspection would cost almost as much as a new set. Which is fair enough.