The Angry Thread.

Blake

Physical exertion in the rain is probably my favourite. Trials is the exception to that for me, but running or XC riding or whatever is great in the rain.

It's definitely all about having the right kit. If you don't have the right kit, just get to saturation point as quickly as possible – you can't get any wetter then, and your skin is waterproof. After that your only problem is staying warm, which means going faster :)

The most common response is "man up", which I always find odd. It's not that I'm not man enough, or I'm scared, it's that I ride for fun and I don't find soaking wet trails and pouring rain fun.

If we're talking about "man up", then the Brecon Beast is an example - I would have done that if it was soaking wet, I just wouldn't have enjoyed it.

That's probably why I get to March / April every year with a big beer gut and zero fitness.

One out of three responses alluded to, but didn't use the words, 'man up' and that's the one you chose to focus on? The other two focussed on the fact that we as individuals quite enjoy the wet bit. Y'know, conversing rather than confronting.

I never said you were confronting, I said we/I weren't. Sorry for thinking that a reply about the conversation being had in the previous five posts might refer to that conversation, which you'd been a part of previously. How silly of me... :rolleyes:

Went for an Assistant Manager role at work. Gets told experience will not be taken into account, okay. Do interview, went okay, was nervous as f**k though. Get told today I didn't get the job because I'm not ready and not enough experience. What the f**k. I've been full time here for just under 3 years. Job went to a girl who's casual here, has nothing on me experience wise. She left her last job a few weeks ago because she didn't like it anymore. Comes back and works here for a few weeks and bam, Assistant Manager. f**k this place.

I was the assistant manager at one of the bars I used to work at, they took on a new manager above me, 5 years my junior (irrelevant, but added to the annoyance), 6 months or so after I'd been given my role, based on his previous experience as manager of a phone shop, and being a snappy dresser.

I had to carry that useless twat the entire time he was there, he didn't know his arse from his elbow.