The Angry Thread.

Blake

33 minutes ago, bikeperson45 said:

In other news what does #lybbg mean. For research of course.

Love your ball bag, Grandad. Confusion comes from which way to use it, like "make sure you love your ball bag" or "I love your ball bag".

Switch of label or update to their conditions or something?  When I've uploaded videos to Youtube without cleared music before, it goes to the discretion of the label what they want to do with it in terms of permissions and monetisation - some of them default to not allowing the video to be played on mobile devices (for some reason), but it shows up as being the uploader's fault.  Could be something along those lines for that, possibly...

some adult language may follow, but I try to substitute the f*ck with Pizza

Last night we had a pizzaing good flat party. started 10pm in the kitchen quietly, it was nice and cool. at 2 am I noticed that everyone come back from another party, where the whole flat, who counts were there.

there was a pizzaing good talks, drinks, nice chat it lasted 5 pizzaing am

there were only 2 major problems:

A: I was not invited

B: the whole pizzaing party was in the corridor, eg it was the same noise aS IT would be in my pizzaing room

yet no one had the spine saying sorry, and I highly doubt they will

anyway, I found my favourite metalcore playlist( they hate metal) and the volume knob on my speakers, and it will be on for a while

• Like 1

Been a bit of a hoo-ha at work between our store managers and head office, which has basically ended up with my (and anyone not salaried) hours being cut in half. Next week however the area manager has taken it on himself to swap the workshop manager with another store's and take me off the rota entirely replacing me with a bike builder from another store. The goal of this exercise is to prove that me and the workshop manager (the only 2 people at the minute able to work a spanner) don't build enough bikes. 

Now this would be fine BUT the reason I don't build many bikes is because I'm generally the designated mechanic with a stack of services to do on any given day, a salesman and a secretary with sod all hours in a week to do it all. They've given the other guy twice as many hours and a dedicated builder role so he's obviously going to get more bikes built than I ever can. Ultimately this will likely cost me my job. 

They set us store targets for workshop takings of around $1100p/w, the other store these guys are coming from, that we're being compared to, took $200 in labour costs the last couple of weeks, where we took nearly $1500, on top of my selling roughly that in bikes most days.

Tl;dr? I work my f**king arse off doing everything and I'm about to lose my job because the only way I could be any more efficient would be to stick a brush up my arse and sweep as I go.

Edited by Jolfa
  • Like 1

If you're more effective for the business, it won't be hard for you to prove that. Show them the return you get them from the investment they make in you, simple. If they go the other way then either they're stupid or you're deluded.

I don't know what on earth is going on, they cut everyone's hours and wonder why less is getting done :huh:

The workshop manager has fired off an email outlining exactly where the time is being spent and what they're getting in return, but it'll fall on deaf ears as it seems to every time at the minute.

I can only communicate through my store managers, and head office aren't really interested in hearing anything they have to say at the minute. They see a 300% increase in workshop revenue (that I have performed at least 50% of), and sales targets being hit every week with ease, but gaps on the shop floor so the only thing to do is cut more hours to save money/increase profits accordingly, f**ked if I can work out the logic there!

Edited by Jolfa

You only need to worry about you. Send your own email. "You pay me $x. I sell y bikes at an average of $z. At a markup of a% I'm creating a return of $b, without including the workshop work." 

No-one else will fight for your job. If the gaps on the shop floor are what bothers them, fill them. Don't be so efficient with the space, or whatever it needs.

In the next episode, I'll teach everyone how to suck eggs.

• Like 2

Talking directly with head office leads directly to a bollocking from them via my manager, as I already said - my managers are my only line of contact. As for filling gaps by being less space efficient, my next shift I will dismantle some of the floor bikes to slot parts into the designated stands. Thanks as usual for your valuable input.

• Like 1

I bought some RAM that is faulty (computer does not boot, RAM light on, swap back to known RAM, computer boots) from a english speaking chinese buisness on ebay I've previously had success with, and whilst seemingly being all smiley helpful n sh1t when sending back replies to my messages, what they're actually doing is giving me the run around and fobbing me off. URRGHFF.

This next email will the 3rd where I ask for a refund.

General conscientious time:

When do you reckon it's justified to send ebay after them? After this time? After that? Now? I should have done so already?

Thoughts please.

On 12/12/2015, 00:03:11, CC12345678910 said:

I bought some RAM that is faulty (computer does not boot, RAM light on, swap back to known RAM, computer boots) from a english speaking chinese buisness on ebay I've previously had success with, and whilst seemingly being all smiley helpful n sh1t when sending back replies to my messages, what they're actually doing is giving me the run around and fobbing me off. URRGHFF.

This next email will the 3rd where I ask for a refund.

General conscientious time:

When do you reckon it's justified to send ebay after them? After this time? After that? Now? I should have done so already?

Thoughts please.

When you sell computer components you need to test them before posting, and if they are DOA then they got damaged in the post.

If they didn't offer me an immediate refund I'd open a case, if you've already asked twice, get it open!

Time to try this tagging crap out for size....

@Jolfa I figured as much myself. 

@Muel Yeah not only was this sold as brand new but this business is one of those jobs where they (summarizing here but hardly beyond imagination) just buy boxes of any old thing without giving two cares about what it is and just list anyway. 

I mean I know one of these buys would bite me someday, but price is kinda king here - if I could afford the retail of the proper item I wouldn't pissing around with ebay's bargain bucket sloppy seconds in the first place would I?

I open the dispute another time when I've not had a beer, that way I can't balls it up by not composing it properly; I was leaning towards that way anyway, but cheers peeps, just occasionally I need to check I not being, to use @MadManMike's expression, a cnut.

So it turns out the lab report I have due that is 'recommended in LaTeX', actually translates to 'you can't get above 50% unless you use LaTeX'.

Which is absolutely perfect seeing as we have never even been introduced to LaTeX or have any idea how it works. Today has been filled with anger, starting the day with absolutely no knowledge of how to use it and finishing the day having learned in 8 hours what I could have been told in a 45 minute lecture. 

Well mine was going well. Spoke to my manager about how I had ordered my favourite TV series DVD Angels in America but probably wouldn't watch it over Christmas because my religious grandma would be staying and hates gay people. Literally less then ten minutes his husband shows up. 

Didn't even know he was gay.