The Angry Thread.

Blake

2 minutes ago, forteh said:

Exactly, although we fell fortunate and only spent about 150 quid on nappies (we got given a shite load of them); 9 months in, we're already saving money and still years to go. 

Groan. 

Whenever I've washed trainers they always come out and don't feel like they fit the same ever again. One of my housemates last year washed his trainers in the washing machine each time he went for a run (once a week), I'm sure the weight of two wet shoes was making the washing machine jump around the kitchen.  

50 minutes ago, TrialsIsHard said:

Groan. 

Whenever I've washed trainers they always come out and don't feel like they fit the same ever again. One of my housemates last year washed his trainers in the washing machine each time he went for a run (once a week), I'm sure the weight of two wet shoes was making the washing machine jump around the kitchen.  

Two wet trainers would probably weigh less than a pair of jeans mate....

I usually just do it with a normal load so they arent bouncing around in there.

12 minutes ago, Joeyeld said:

Two wet trainers would probably weigh less than a pair of jeans mate....

I usually just do it with a normal load so they arent bouncing around in there.

Less to do with the actual weight, more to do with how the weight is distributed within the barrel (right term?) of the washing machine. A pair of shoes on their own could make the spin really eccentric as there is one lump of concentrated mass. 

I don't think I'd wash my trainers with a normal load, unless I was washing my rugby kit haha. 

Always put mine in with a normal (dark) load of washing. Try to put them in the middle too, although that'll generally make sod all difference. I don't get why so many people think a washing machine is some mystical machine that's super fragile?

You should see the abuse the in laws washing machine gets, taking into account my wifes grandma who's 98 and promptly shits the bed every morning and manages to spread it around her room along with father in laws overalls covered in slurry, mud and cow shit.

Not forgetting the normal washing that needs doing in a house with 5-6 people (mostly women) living there..... 

I've never been brave enough to ask, and they generally try and avoid it these days. 

It's been a while since I've had it anyway, I used to get it every month near enough, but like your housemate mine are around the size of grapes when they're not infected and nasty. At their worst they used to touch and be covered in white spots, hurt like f**k!

51 minutes ago, Jolfa said:

I've never been brave enough to ask, and they generally try and avoid it these days. 

It's been a while since I've had it anyway, I used to get it every month near enough, but like your housemate mine are around the size of grapes when they're not infected and nasty. At their worst they used to touch and be covered in white spots, hurt like f**k!

It used to be the case that if you had tonsillitis three times in one year they took them out. The doctor looked at my housemate's ones and said they will 100% take them out and gave her a referral to the right department within a few weeks.  

Does it affect your sleep at all? She says it really affects her breathing and she does snore extremely loudly because of it.