The Angry Thread.

Blake

Similarly as a customer, just asking "what's your lowest price" no hello, please, signoff, nothing is not going to get you any sort of discount from me and they nearly always want something for nothing anyway.

Gumtree attracts a LOT of idiots, sick to death of basically being a GoPro advice line (I'm obviously going to tell you the camera you're enquiring about is the best one to have regardless of which one it is) for them to turn around some hours and a dozen messages later saying they're going to think about it and then disappear.

Yeah, the "lowest price" thing is f**king annoying, especially the No Frills Edition version of it too.  I don't get why people think someone will be more generous to them if they're rude, and basically being impolite as f**k anyway.  Backing it up with a "dont ask dont get lol" rejoinder is weak too.

Gets even more tech as well when it's a product that you're selling that is technically the same as someone else is selling - for example, Winstanleys chop out Onzas mega cheap but don't put any time into them, whereas we spend ages (especially for certain models) working on them to make them actually good.  Similarly, we give away free stuff with them too and add value rather than just stripping cost.  There's a certain bikeshop as well who've sold some bikes recently that have gone wrong because they weren't set up properly in the first place, and we're left to pick up the pieces because they have no after sales care.  It makes the brands involved look shit because someone's got their bike and it no longer works, and it just erodes people's trust in the whole industry if their first contact with anyone in it is a shitty one.  The amount of people who are surprised that we do what they ask us to do is ridiculous, all because they've been f**ked around so much before.

• Like 1

My favourite is "would you take [massive chunk less] for cash?"

To which they always receive a rather blunt "as opposed to what, vouchers?!"

We get no end of people at work looking to buy a bike (being a bike shop n'all), not really interested what bike it is as long as they can get discount on it. Indians are by far the worst for it, they've seen any bike at all on sale, then want $100 knocking off the sale price before they even know anything about it, then want a size too big (because pride I guess, f**k knows), then bring it back a week later with the wheels folded in half because it's a $300 road bike and they've been hitting trails on it.

I hate people.

Edited by Jolfa

Kinda angry but also abit weirded out..

Went upto my unit Saturday night on my way back from a Christmas get together, about 11.30 to drop some stuff off. Pulled up, Jenny waited in the van while I started unloading and a sensor light a few units down came on, didn't think much of it as there's always leaves or litter floating around the car park. (My unit is in the middle of nowhere, it's about 2/3 miles to the closest village, there's 5 old stables converted into industrial units that look out onto woodland and farmers field).

I'd finished doing my thang so I locked up, jumped in the van and started to drive off, as I spun round to leave Jenny noticed my toilet window was smashed, so I stopped, checked it out then went inside to board it up and get it somewhat secure again. When I'd finished and started to lock up I thought I heard something in the brambles the other side of the fence by the last unit, so I walked down to check it out, couldn't see anything and turned back to get in my van to go home.

I went into work today, had a knock at my door and it was the guy from the end unit, he told me to come check something out. Turns out he has CCTV and caught some guy breaking my toilet window. As I turn into the car park, he must see my headlamps and scarpers down the front of the building away from me towards the brambles. Whilst I'm in the unit he climbs the fence and hides in the brambles, when I've finished and I walk down to the end of the car park he's still hiding in the brambles so I'm about 10ft away from him, probably staring straight at this guy. As I walk off to get in my van he climbs back over the fence and runs off into the farm fields! Properly creeped me out, this guy could've been any nutcase and I had no idea he was even there.

• Like 1

Got bitten whilst MTB'ing last weekend, it's gradually got more itchy / stinging, with a red patch spreading across my leg over the week. Just went to pharmacy to get antihistamine tablets and cream and the pharmacist said "Ooooh, go to a doctor, that's quite infected by the looks of it".

On Christmas Eve. b*****d.

My own fault for ignoring it for almost a week, but still annoying.

Partially angry, partially sad. 

Felt rough as f**k last night with flu but still had to go out in the car to do some last minute jobs. On my way to pick up a curry to try and burn this flu off I saw a small cat lay in the road that had obviously been hit by a car. Feel awful for whoever the family is. :(

Even though I don't live there any more (although my dad still does) I'm really sad to see Hebden Bridge has been hit by severe flooding, all the shops I know are f**ked, my friends house is flooded and it could get worse. At least my dad lives up the hill enough to avoid it.

Was just going to say Ali, seen lots of photos all over Facebook and it doesn't look good. Lots of local places to me flooded, the garage I work from has flooded too and the lads have been bailing for 3 hours and still looks like no sign of giving up. 

Glad I live on a hill