The Angry Thread.

Blake

Pretty rubbish that, ogre, but being the worker on the other side it's worse!

Make the most of it if you can, go and see them and see if there are mates rates available ;)

Edit - My pissed self assumed they work in a bar there, if they work in a merchant yard or a hospital or something probably don't go and see them :lol:

Edited by Jolfa

1 hour ago, Ali C said:

annoyed cos I've not ridden for ages. I don't like riding with coats on or in the rain or dark so my only option recently has been skateparks but since I wrote my van off I've not been able to get anywhere :(  

I'm in the same boat too. I have been able to get out briefly between showers, but always get rained back in after 20 minutes. I've even got a new bike that I haven't been able to have a proper go on.

I don't usually like coats, but I got a new one for Christmas. It's a Tog24 softshell and I think it's great. Nice and light, stretchy, pretty water resistant and really warm all at the same time, plus it's on offer right now ;) 

http://www.tog24.com/mens/jackets/mens-softshell/shield-mens-jacket-black.html

On 1/2/2016 at 8:01 PM, Skoze said:

Where in London are you, orge?

kingston

On 12/31/2015 at 3:30 PM, Jolfa said:

Pretty rubbish that, ogre, but being the worker on the other side it's worse!

Make the most of it if you can, go and see them and see if there are mates rates available ;)

Edit - My pissed self assumed they work in a bar there, if they work in a merchant yard or a hospital or something probably don't go and see them :lol:

he works in engineering and he's 4 hours drive away, this is what screwed it.

Question. How many of you put shoes in the washing machine? I personally think it's disgusting. Just got a new washing machine in this house I share with 7 other people, last one broke because the other idiots ram it full and overload it, which broke just before xmas and I was left without a washing machine for almost 2 weeks. Just walked into the kitchen and I hear some stones rattling noise from the washing machine, take a peep and there's a pair of f**king shoes in there.

Just to add why I think it's disgusting. God knows what the f**k they've stepped on. Could be dog shit. Even if it's okay to put shoes in the washing machine, at least rinse off what ever shit is on the sole before putting them in.

Edited by weirdoku

23 minutes ago, weirdoku said:

Question. How many of you put shoes in the washing machine? I personally think it's disgusting. Just got a new washing machine in this house I share with 7 other people, last one broke because the other idiots ram it full and overload it, which broke just before xmas and I was left without a washing machine for almost 2 weeks. Just walked into the kitchen and I hear some stones rattling noise from the washing machine, take a peep and there's a pair of f**king shoes in there.

Just to add why I think it's disgusting. God knows what the f**k they've stepped on. Could be dog shit. Even if it's okay to put shoes in the washing machine, at least rinse off what ever shit is on the sole before putting them in.

Some people put used nappies in them without a second thought so I wouldn't worry about some shoes!

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not sure what the problem is? The whole point of a washing machine is to clean something that was dirty to begin with. 

@dann2707 he doesn't mean normal nappies, actual washable ones. They have a liner which holds (most of) the mess which you bin and then you wash the outer cover. Expensive to buy but works out a lot cheaper and easier in the long run (and probably comfier). 

8 hours ago, weirdoku said:

I personally think it's disgusting.

I think it's disgusting to not wash trainers in the washing machine. Trainers smell because of the bacteria left in them from all the sweat coming from your feet. Fabreeze or whatever it's called, might mask the smell for 5 minutes but it's not going to kill off the bacteria. Only a hot wash will do that. 

I actually find it very satisfying getting trainers washed in the washing machine. All the white bits are nice and gleaming again and once they've been stuffed with newspaper and sat below the radiator (not ontop, because too much direct heat can melt some glues used in soles etc) they feel all tight, tacky (talking about 5tens here) and new again. 

As has been said. If they're mega dirty, give them a brush off to get all the stones and dog shit off them first. Remove the insoles too. I've also found over the years that leaving in the laces works best. If the laces are white, it's murder trying to get them back to where they were previously as they'll never be 100% clean and will be full of tide marks.

I can't think of any other decent way to wash them, always love how clean they get in the machine. 

If your housemates aren't making sure they've rinsed them off first though, they just need a little prod in the right direction. 

3 hours ago, isitafox said:

@dann2707 he doesn't mean normal nappies, actual washable ones. They have a liner which holds (most of) the mess which you bin and then you wash the outer cover. Expensive to buy but works out a lot cheaper and easier in the long run (and probably comfier).

Exactly, although we fell fortunate and only spent about 150 quid on nappies (we got given a shite load of them); 9 months in, we're already saving money and still years to go.  Fleece liner to catch the mess and wick away wetness, cotton towelling to hold the liquid and waterproof shell to wrap it all together.  I love our washable nappies, environmentally friendly, comfy and super simple to use.  Washable baby wipes as well, far superior to wet wipes that just smear everything all over the place, the cloth actually picks up the shit of the skin.  Typically use no more than 2 per change compared to 6 or 7 with wet wipes.