The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Went out for a couple of drinks last night which got a little out of hand.

We went to the local pub where there is a new landlady who we hadn't met before. Here's my comment to get after 10 minutes of knowing her;

"You know...you kind of remind me of Ann Widdecombe"

She was not impressed.

I've spent almost the entire day putting together a little presentation about 2013 to give to the guys in the office tomorrow before we go out for our Christmas lunch. It was meant to be a little 20 minute job to just have something to tell them 'well done', but it's ended up as a huge, bloated, stat fest. I'm glad it's over.

Hah, do I come across as predominantly unhappy? I guess I usually don't post about the good times but do mostly about the bad as a means of venting. Also the last year and a bit of my life has been particularly problematic so there has been plenty to vent about. It's interesting to hear about the image I potentially give out on the forum though so thanks :)

No mate not at all, it's just lately you seem to have had a bad time of things, with the uni thing and your crash, you seemed to me to be stuck in a darkish place. Perhaps I have misunderstood what you meant in your posts, things just seemed to be more negative than positive. Maybe this is not the case, in any sense, you have had a good time. Good times are always better than bad, and that's what matters the most. I had a quick hour on some rocks yesterday with thinkdougie off here, had a good ride. Trying to get my natural riding skills back after my crash from this year so I can do comps again

Yesterday I went to college for 30 mins, decided to bunk the morning and ride for 3 hours. Got back to college just in time for my exam on car engines, passed. Went riding again for an hour or two.

Now I've just woken up and I haven't felt this much ache since Radfest. :D

Oh and Dave Barratt is a pretty ballsy mod which makes me smile. ;)

• Like 2