The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Had a good night out for my works Christmas meal last night. Ate some rather nice steak, drunk many rather nice peroni and had a laugh. My head is killing me this morning though!

Is Jardo Frankie Boyle's illegitimate love child?

1512727_1439283319620178_23490298_n.jpg?

Edited by Ben Cox
  • Like 1

Better be quick ;)

I thought if I'm going to do this I'm going to do it right so I might forgo my opportunity until the next batch is in as I wouldn't want a half assed effort (and I couldn't just have a frame and wait to build it).

Also I think if I bought 4 bikes in 18 months that could be a tad excessive. 2014 is a fresh slate and then we're back to 0 so much more justifiable.

P.S. I'm surprised the 2 are still up there at the mo.

• Like 1

Took my Dads 29er into town to go to bank to pay in money he gave me to stop me from being overdrawn...

The front derailleur messed up and cable broke (was on its way out), so I stop by at lbs he says £3 to fix it (meant to be £15 apparently). I go along with it, we take it for a little test out front. He hands to me and says you give it a try, do a 30 metre loop to the roundabout and back. At the roundabout I pop a wheelie, a real slow one that requires mega brake modulating. A woman starts to cross road, I stop the wheelie, she crosses, I carry on. Stop next to Henry (the guy who works at shop) and he does a little "not bad" face. We proceed to walk back into the shop, I say want me to pay by card then? He goes not "not got cash?" I told him I just put it all in the bank, then he tells me not to worry about paying him!

I hated this new shop at first since they bought out the bike shop before it, who had 2 good mates of mine working there. The company who works at the bike shop now have 2 shops in my town now, but I'm slowly getting to like them more and more.

• Like 1

At the roundabout I pop a wheelie, a real slow one that requires mega brake modulating. A woman starts to cross road, I stop the wheelie, she crosses, I carry on.

trust you held it to back wheel while she crossed?

almost halfway through final year. got a bullshit self reflective essay due in thursday and then i'm free for a bit. riding with the lads from lincoln on sunday, so excited for some hometown banter :D

trust you held it to back wheel while she crossed?

almost halfway through final year. got a bullshit self reflective essay due in thursday and then i'm free for a bit. riding with the lads from lincoln on sunday, so excited for some hometown banter :D

Of course! Dropped the front wheel as soon as she walked past though :( Wish there were some good group rides down south, enjoy.

In my dissertation meeting today my supervisor went "Daniel, I never use the word love when it comes to work but I absolutely love your work :D. You have such a unique writing style" He then said he would honoured if I join him and recruited into getting my PhD with him as my supervisor without me even saying anything! So f**king stoked

• Like 1

Half work day on Friday, then I'm off work until the the 6th :santa:

Oh, and the boss has said he's going to be sharing out some of the money from the scrap collections over this year between the 3 of us, which is nice

f**kmegently currently has 69 rep points. i have a screen grab. but it'd be better if a moderator froze his account.

I liked it, just to be that guy.

Sorry.