Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

I rather like my 115 rebas, works well for what I use them for, super plush and feel bottomless; the fact they're 25mm less travel than the frame doesn't seem to cause any issues that I've found - that said I don't think I have managed to use all of the rear travel.

Heckler looks nice though :)

Changed a fair few bits on my standard voodoo bantu and im pretty happy with it :) new bars, stem, hubs, cranks, gears and derallier added! Went from 3x8 to 1x10 with a 36t hope retainer chainring and shimano xt shadow+ mech :) pics will be up soon

Edited by trialsbikingnunn

Changed a fair few bits on my standard voodoo bantu and im pretty happy with it :) new bars, stem, hubs, cranks, gears and derallier added! Went from 3x8 to 1x10 with a 36t hope retainer chainring and shimano xt shadow+ mech :) pics will be up soon

Probably a pain on your phone:

uYonjdT.jpg

10590610_10154479357690424_2530253338272

1620478_10154479361545424_10114552034122

I've done 2 or 3 miles around the village trail. Feels good, nice and light, quite supple and responsive. I have a feeling the stem might be a fraction to long though. The front doesn't feel as nimble as I had expected and I feel like I'm leaning in quite a bit, like all the weight is in my neck and shoulders.

I'm not sure what is normal for XC after so many years on a slack DH bike. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

This imagine might help;

1910143_10154479371040424_12270495373491

I cant wait to get the rear brake sorted and paste it down some singletrack!

• Like 1

10590610_10154479357690424_2530253338272

1620478_10154479361545424_10114552034122

I've done 2 or 3 miles around the village trail. Feels good, nice and light, quite supple and responsive. I have a feeling the stem might be a fraction to long though. The front doesn't feel as nimble as I had expected and I feel like I'm leaning in quite a bit, like all the weight is in my neck and shoulders.

I'm not sure what is normal for XC after so many years on a slack DH bike. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

This imagine might help;

1910143_10154479371040424_12270495373491

I cant wait to get the rear brake sorted and paste it down some singletrack!

Yeah, get a much shorter stem on there and it'll feel a million times better.

I use a 60mm stem which is considered long these days, I might go to a 50mm soon which is what most people tend to run. You might feel ever so slightly cramped when climbing but it transforms the bike so much that it's worth it. I'd get shot of that Ritchey ASAP.

If the top tube length is good for your height then you could even try a 35mm/40mm stem!

On stem lengths I use a 90x5° thomson elite and it feels spot on, this is on an '08 intense 5.5 with fairly short forks so a pretty steep head angle. I would rather keep the thompson but would I notice much difference switching to a shorter stem? As it is the bike feels very sit up and beg already. What differences would I be likely to feel? :)

Not to be a nob and promote my own Instagram, but I deleted the saved file so I can't post it :( so I thought a link would be the next best thing.

Anywhere, here she is:

http://instagram.com/p/qT3PlEHfvJ/

Finally got it to a place where I'm happy with it, bought it a couple years ago as a Diamondback complete and just replaced parts as they broke. Sprayed it orange and Black the other week, and now it looks sexy as.

Front wheels is pretty much the only thing on it that's still stock, apart from the cranks, but I'm changing them pretty soon.

Got BSD bars, VansCult waffle grips, the stem and headset are still stock, but they'll be going soon, not sure on the forks, picked them up from a mate for like £20 and they haven't broken in the last year, so that's a bonus. DMR V8 pedals, Fit FAF 2.25" tyres, rear wheel is a Cinema 333 Rim with a Federal V3 Freecoaster, the female one, with BSD spokes.

Blank pegs cause they were cheap and do the job.

Still need hub Guards, but other than that, she's perfect, couldn't be happier.

• 2 weeks later...

Been managing to get back on the commencal after injury. But it needs some new rims/wheels after the rear got trashed in Fort Bill. Currently running Chris King hubs on older Mavic 819s which aren't really wide enough and seem pretty weighty.

Got two options, either build up new rims on my hubs (stans flow most likely) at a rough cost of £180 or just buy a new hope enduro wheelset at £330 and ditch or keep the kings for a different project down the line.

Edited by Duncy H