Ali C - Ride Inspired

Mark W

That riding was insane, gap to the little wall bank ride down thing was a personal favourite.

I do think you could do with branching out a little more and riding some cooler places that show how good you are. Obviously from a rider's perspective the places are cool but on a screen they're not as exciting as I think they should be.

That riding was insane, gap to the little wall bank ride down thing was a personal favourite.

I do think you could do with branching out a little more and riding some cooler places that show how good you are. Obviously from a rider's perspective the places are cool but on a screen they're not as exciting as I think they should be.

That could be down to funding though, like danny has redbull to get him to places like epecuen

That was ace. Really enjoyed the video and the lines. Had a true 'on the street creativity' vibe about it which i liked. not too contrived (Y)

That nose-up (can we call it a snobby??) to the rail - although not the biggest move out there, was by far my favourite. Probably because i related with it alot - like i understand the want to do stuff like that. That line spoke volumes to me and Thats the type of vision i personally love to see! 10/10 for that one (Y)

Great video.

Ride on :zorro:

Thanks, that line (I call it a nollie to rail ride) is my fave too, I'd never seen anyone do that before and I'd wanted to get in on camera for a year, it took us a few days to get it due to fading light, police, rain etc but I'm glad we kept at it :)

• Like 1

Yeah man, I'd never seen it done in that context and with such finesse..Really liked it! I did try a line once that was a nose manual to 'Nollie up' a *big* curb type thing .. something i rekon you could pull off nicely? i never got it. Would love to see variations of that.

Was a really nice line.. Along with all the others :)

I suppose Nollie is technically the correct term. Snobby, you are the weakest link.. goodbye.

I rekon Ed Tongue would have a grin on his face seeing this type of riding going down on the 24" trials.

Once again, Top notch mate.

Peace.

Thanks for all the comments (Y) We'd wanted to put some more trialsy stuff in this one and it's cool that that's been well received. The rail lines were a nice surprise for me too - I hadn't ridden with Ali for ages so it was cool to see how much his riding had levelled up. Ali's always gone on about not being great at doing rail rides, so when he told me he wanted to do the opening rail ride line I was a bit "Cool, well, we'll see...", but then a few goes in and there it was.

Last 2 lines were top notch. While the filming was perfect, the last line shot should of panned left or just filmed looking straight down the gap imho.

Do you mean the up to front then sequence of gaps line right at the end? If so, completely agree - the wide angle was only ever really meant to show the up to front/setup. If you look in the background you can see my other camera set up with a longer lens on on the tripod. That angle showed the gaps/drops really nicely and I was hoping to use that as the main angle, but the sun had just peeked out over the tops of the houses behind us and was going right down the barrel which totally f**ked the shot up. As a result I had to go with the wide angle for the whole line which wasn't really the best way of showing off the later gaps.

I love this video. Economical in terms of riding, location, and shooting, which is really refreshing in light of the fame and money behind some of the other current top riders. It's like a typical urban trials video on paper, but done to perfection. The riding was massive, effortless and creative and the shooting (music too) was absolutely spot on as per all of Mark's stuff I've seen. Big congratulations to both of you, and to those who make it financially possible.

Thanks for all the comments (Y) We'd wanted to put some more trialsy stuff in this one and it's cool that that's been well received. The rail lines were a nice surprise for me too - I hadn't ridden with Ali for ages so it was cool to see how much his riding had levelled up. Ali's always gone on about not being great at doing rail rides, so when he told me he wanted to do the opening rail ride line I was a bit "Cool, well, we'll see...", but then a few goes in and there it was.

Do you mean the up to front then sequence of gaps line right at the end? If so, completely agree - the wide angle was only ever really meant to show the up to front/setup. If you look in the background you can see my other camera set up with a longer lens on on the tripod. That angle showed the gaps/drops really nicely and I was hoping to use that as the main angle, but the sun had just peeked out over the tops of the houses behind us and was going right down the barrel which totally f**ked the shot up. As a result I had to go with the wide angle for the whole line which wasn't really the best way of showing off the later gaps.

Last clip. Thought the nose to rail was fine to be honest. The last clip the endo drop could have had the wide angle further to the left.

Arguing over whether or not this is the best video ever is pointless since this offering comes from a different era and therefore context than my favourite videos of the past. It's tough to compare this with the likes of the TrialsKings, Matt Berridge, Fluid 23, Ben Rowland's 'Get3Large' and Johnny Jones's infamous (to me anyway) London trilogy.

All I can say is that what I have just watched is a genuine trials masterpiece which almost makes me question the point of riding bikes and making videos, because quite frankly that sets the bar very, very high. It's without doubt the best trials video I've seen in the last few years; whilst it's not a competition, for me that betters Danny Macaskill as I prefer the quick, flowing street/BMX style without all the added complications of front flips and indy grabs.

Very well done to Ali, Mark and anybody else who may have been involved in the production.

Cheers dude :)

Last clip. Thought the nose to rail was fine to be honest. The last clip the endo drop could have had the wide angle further to the left.

Ah, right - I getcha. I kind of bitched out filming that last clip. I wasn't really sure how Ali was going to do it so left it pretty loose just to make sure that whatever he did I wouldn't miss it somehow. For further examples of me doing this, you can refer to the last gap at the Pyramids in the "Video Friends" video. You'd have thought I would have learned by now :P Thanks for the feedback though, I do appreciate it (Y)

• Like 1