dann2707

The House Thread

359 posts in this topic

I assumed you’d still be able to operate them from the wall switch as a normal light in that case no?

Yeah, but for a bedroom or living room you’ll find the 100% insanely bright at 9pm.

Food for thought.

Appreciated, I certainly hadn’t considered that could be an issue

Related to the angry thread I now have a carpet fitted (just vacuumed so looks a little funky). They said there’d be no join in the hall but they did put one in which I’m annoyed by :( 

2E9115F5-9E28-4A5A-9072-B14333091C81.jpeg

93FE3CE0-7817-4177-A78F-38BD22E582DF.jpeg

149B7E0C-9051-4547-91AB-C47A7E0295B5.jpeg

You should totally vacuum like you are mowing your lawn :D Lovely stripey rooms.

I wonder if I can persuade my Mrs to do that.... I'll probably get a slap I imagine. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wrayvon
1 person likes this

On 11/20/2021 at 2:41 AM, Stephen Morris said:

All well and good until the internet goes down one evening and you have to decide between 0% or 100% lighting. 

Happened to us a while ago and was kind of annoying. Just thought I’d mention it before you stick a smart bulb in every light!

I can still control my smart home stuff when the internet goes down directly from the app.

1 hour ago, JT! said:

I can still control my smart home stuff when the internet goes down directly from the app.

Oh yeah?

I use Hive. Broadband is Fibre TTP with a 4G backup.

The Hive system plugs straight into the router which causes problems if the internet connection ever goes down.

Surely if you're on the same local network they should be ok? Seems an awful setup if not!

I don't think many have local only functionality. Shelly stuff is but a lot of the big boys have kept it cloud only i think