Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JT!

The Grand Tour Thread

72 posts in this topic

Just watched it. 

Yes. Lots of Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might watch it tonight with the wife :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Just watched it. 

Yes. Lots of Yes.

On kodi aye? I need to get mine sorted, it's an old installation that doesn't really work properly, plus it used someone else's account so I assume I'm going to need my own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Negative - away from home so I acquired another source. Plenty of them about if you hunt around a bit (Y)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth the Prime subscription.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed it as expected. I think it can only get better too whilst they iron out a few little things.

I have to admit that the review done by Chris Harris on the same track in the exact same three cars that was probably filmed at a similar time was a much better review. The Grand Tour didn't really inform me on much at all where as Chris Harris's review was much more in depth and I preferred it. But it was still very entertaining and what this trio are all about. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't really do much for me. Silly bits were just stupid and pointless and the car bits were all too much show with very little information or interest. All a bit meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished watching it. It was good overall, but with some "meh" mixed in. It felt a lot like the old top gear, but with more money and some key bits missing (probably for legal reasons). I didn't like the track or the American, an unmasked Ben Collins on a proper track would have been better. A lot of the studio jokes went on for longer than they needed to, etc.

 

It's missing a lot of the charm from the old show, but I did expect this from the 1st season. Top Gear had years to perfect itself and now they have to reproduce that while at the same time, keeping the Amazon lawyers happy. 

 

We just need Chris Harris to front a more serious Top Gear and we would have 2 good car shows to watch.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the celebrity bit all about? Just seemed like a waste of time. 

It was a bit meh to be honest. I think the next one will be better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think the next one will be better. 

I hope so. I don't think it helped that they were in America trying to be funny to yanks which just came across as desperate and a bit pathetic. Celebrity thing was entirely pointless, RAF thing was wholly unnecessary and stupid, the American driver is a mistake if they're not actually going to get anything from him... I actually fell asleep watching it which says a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The show was OK, I'm not interested in cars in the slightest but it was cool to see those three super cars. The celebrity thing was weird, not a fan of the American either.

I hope they can go back to doing good challenges...buying a car for cheap etc, I really like stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen the grand tour yet but man that drive tribe show looks proper decent! Looks just as mad as the grand tour! 

Edited by bike_dummie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched it earlier. It's just Top Gear in a tent.

It's worth watching, but I was expecting it to be a little different...

Neutral opinion here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MadManMike said:

Watched it earlier. It's just Top Gear in a tent.

It's worth watching, but I was expecting it to be a little different...

Neutral opinion here..

I pretty much thought the same. (Well actually i thought it was Top Gear with more money, but meh).

Worth watching, but would have been nice if they changed it a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2016 at 7:08 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Didn't really do much for me. Silly bits were just stupid and pointless and the car bits were all too much show with very little information or interest. All a bit meh.

Exactly what topgear was then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AdamAllen said:

Exactly what topgear was then?

But slightly unlike the new format :P At least with Harris, Reid and LeBlanc on the show. Loved his review of the 911R, the guy might just be a TV personality but he knows what cars are about. IMO he actually hit the sweet spot with that review.

 

Couldn't get through the whole episode of the Grand Tour. It's more of a comedy show with cars in the background. There is absolutely no insight into the cars which are instead treated like props or setups for poor jokes. The LaFerrari for instance - it's an engineering masterpiece but instead they were more concerned with the name and politics surrounding the vehicle. And timing cars on the same tyres is apparently "anoraky". That's something my mum would say if she could care about how fast cars went around a circuit.

 

I'll just leave this here for contrast:

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Greetings said:

It's more of a comedy show with cars in the background. There is absolutely no insight into the cars which are instead treated like props or setups for poor jokes

If it was anything else I wouldn't watch it to be honest.

Was there ever time in Top Gear history where an episode was a great car show and a great comedy show for the non-enthusiasts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Greetings said:

But slightly unlike the new format :P At least with Harris, Reid and LeBlanc on the show. Loved his review of the 911R, the guy might just be a TV personality but he knows what cars are about. IMO he actually hit the sweet spot with that review.

 

Couldn't get through the whole episode of the Grand Tour. It's more of a comedy show with cars in the background. There is absolutely no insight into the cars which are instead treated like props or setups for poor jokes. The LaFerrari for instance - it's an engineering masterpiece but instead they were more concerned with the name and politics surrounding the vehicle. And timing cars on the same tyres is apparently "anoraky". That's something my mum would say if she could care about how fast cars went around a circuit.

 

I'll just leave this here for contrast:

 

great to watch, like the more detailed reviews compared to GT but the presenter is just crap imo, couldnt stand him on top gear either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2016 at 10:30 AM, Synergy said:

great to watch, like the more detailed reviews compared to GT but the presenter is just crap imo, couldnt stand him on top gear either.

How can you say that? He's a legend :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF was this week all about?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2016 at 6:47 PM, Danny said:

I think the next one will be better. 

I was wrong :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very wrong. I didn't understand the celebrity dying part last week, and was surprised when they carried on with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vulcan bit was swell. The rest was very meh. Shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I have to say though, they quality of amazon's steaming service is probably the best I've seen. Maybe because they're streaming in 4k and don't really care about compressing 1080p too much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.