Senior Members

forteh

My life revolves around becoming a senior member...... :sleeping:

It all seems to be more of a "kudos" thing as opposed to people actually wanting to make a genuine contribution and influence to the forum and it's members. I always believed that the senior members were supposed to represent the mature side of forum members, which in turn makes complete sense why senior members nominate people - otherwise what's the point in having senior members....

Edited by dan08

otherwise what's the point in having senior members....

post-91-1222049199_thumb.jpg

Design Suggestions, Validation threads, the Before-it-all-became-the-Wiki section, NIM thread (Which was useful before Reports were around), "SRS BIZNIZ" topics, etc.

In related news, I'm going to murder whoever it is who taught everyone on here how to pretend to be subtle.

post-91-1222049199_thumb.jpg

Design Suggestions, Validation threads, the Before-it-all-became-the-Wiki section, NIM thread (Which was useful before Reports were around), "SRS BIZNIZ" topics, etc.

In related news, I'm going to murder whoever it is who taught everyone on here how to pretend to be subtle.

Subtle? Bollocks to that!

I can safely say your referring to me. ( i think )

Yay!x

I'd say between the pair of us Joe we're pretty equally hated on here....

Trials punk 182 ? Thescientist ? Inur ? Sponge ? Anzo ? Jon mack ?

Just a few as examples, people that contribute not only humor, but help and knowledge to the forum, i'm not saying that the way TF is run is atm is wrong, just it would be nice to have some more Sm :)

Edit: I also think that neputism (sp?) May play a big part in whether some one is made senior or not :-

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there; SM's are simply people who have contributed a lot to the forum and are given the responsibility of helping out (in a pretty small way) run the forum. Although, at the end of the day, even people like me and OBM have relatively little power; the buck stops at the big T&D.

I personally think most of the SM deserve to be there, people like bongo and heatsink etc. But a year back no one would ever say 'some SM's post shit' so something's gone downhill somewhere, and that's been brought up a few times in past months.

Do you not even REMEMBER Munki?!

if it was a popularity contest how the world did mr rainbird manage to get sm status?!

It took me, Prawn, Bigman and a few others nagging Danny on MSN for about six strait hours, plus he had to do a photographic 'stars-in-their-eyes' impersonation of Joe Maher. I'm actually not even joking, he really had to do that. We've still got the pics.

On a random note; I have no idea what one single event - if any - got me validated, made a senior, and then made a mod. It's all pretty much down to however Danny and Tom are feeling really. Kind of like the US Judiciary system.....

Rich

Can I be made a senior member?

I am nice, I sweat excessively and I put out....frequently

I'm pretty sure you've actually been nominated a few times Ben. You could actually be a pretty decent test subject for our new initiation challenge.

Await the black dove above the purple moon.....

Rich (Lord High Dragon of the SM BrotherHood)

:- SM'bership seems kinda pointless to me.

"Senior" implies that there better than other members, why not just have Regular members, More Moderators, and Admin.

Far less complicated, and nothing to argue about. Dosen't bother me in the slightest because i'm to gangster to even want to be a SM.

I bet SM chats's shit hot compared to the f**king retard filled Reg' Chit Chat though (Y).

Just thaught i'd say something so people don't forget me....lol

I'm pretty sure you've actually been nominated a few times Ben. You could actually be a pretty decent test subject for our new initiation challenge.

Await the black dove above the purple moon.....

Rich (Lord High Dragon of the SM BrotherHood)

We're not being sucked into Scientology here are we? Cause that would suck.