The Car Thread

MadManMike

Yeah it was something like "I accidentally a whole bottle". It's an old TF thing, sometimes I say it too.

Anyway, in car news, the problem was my hydraulic lifters. Everyone advised I top the oil up and take it for a blast - have done that and it's now silent :D

I didn't get a chance to do the gasket last night as I didn't get the car back until 8:30 and I was knackered. Going to fix that tonight and all should be good.

• Like 1

Last comp was saved by a large field of gravel, reminded me of how epic such surfaces are. Lots of fun despite driving on rally slicks.

is0eBUS.jpg

So today I raised the car by 40mm, disconnected the front ARB and installed some pretty old WRC tyres. Still need to sort out the lighting and tomorrow evening we're off into the wilderness :D

606wRfJ.jpg

• Like 2

ARE YOU EXCITED FOR YOUR PACKAGE?

I've kind of put it out of my mind, I'm not doing anything til end of Jan/Feb anyway.

Gross.

I'm fairly sure fixed seats are a fail in an MOT, unless you can prove it's a purpose built track car in which instance it's the MOT testers discretion?

When I eventually get a cage, I'll used fixed mounts along with harnesses. Til then, buckets, inertia reel belts and sliders are perfect for hooning about, and don't ruin my suits. ;)

exhaust is blowing between the turbo and the downpipe

had no end of trouble when I first fitted my RS2 turbo, with fancy washers, locking glue type products, serrated nuts etc, what finally cured it was

22AAM0252.jpg

Aerotight nuts, get them, never worry about it again :D

Edited by Jolfa

I'm fairly sure fixed seats are a fail in an MOT, unless you can prove it's a purpose built track car in which instance it's the MOT testers discretion?

When I eventually get a cage, I'll used fixed mounts along with harnesses. Til then, buckets, inertia reel belts and sliders are perfect for hooning about, and don't ruin my suits. ;)

It's kind of a grey area I think, the seats in the mini have been bolted down for 7+ years now and they've never been a problem(although it hasn't been for an mot for 3 years :lol:) . It's a case of as long as they are bolted securely and using proper fixings they're ok. Also depends if your tester is a bell end or not.

I don't think it's a grey area. If they're designed to move, they have to do so correctly. If they're designed not to move, that's fine. There's no reason for rejection for a seat that doesn't move, the wording's "The drivers seat fore and aft adjustment mechanism not functioning as intended" if it's not intended to move then they can't really fail if for that, although I'm sure there's some arsy willy out there who'd try to.

• Like 1