The Car Thread

MadManMike

Car choice question (for high mileage)

There is a possibility I might be taking a new job which would entail 102 miles of driving a day (motorways). I would be looking to keep costs down as much as possible but would also want something comfortable and not lacking too much in power. I think cruise control would be very useful and I would prefer 4 doors. Current thoughts are a VAG 1.9TDI of some description?

1 hour ago, David said:

There is a possibility I might be taking a new job which would entail 102 miles of driving a day (motorways). I would be looking to keep costs down as much as possible but would also want something comfortable and not lacking too much in power. I think cruise control would be very useful and I would prefer 4 doors. Current thoughts are a VAG 1.9TDI of some description?

Possibly look at the older Golfs/Passats/A3s. 

Can have them for reasonable money now and retain what you're looking for. Comfortable, all the features you'd need, A3s had cruise control as an option new but I can't say I've seen any of the VWs with it fitted. 

On 19/11/2016 at 6:03 PM, David said:

mk4 range are piss easy to install cruise control. £40 for the stalk, a bit of wiring and enabling it on vag-com.

Complained to the company i got the suspension bushes off, they sent me ones that are the 'correct size'.

Tried to fit them yesterday.

The sleeves on the lower hub bushes are too short:

DSCF4133.JPG

The inner sleeves are too large to fit the upper arm correctly:

DSCF4135.JPG

by this point i threw a massive shitty and went home.

And its good to see my cars useful for something, even if it is for the cat to park it's arse on!

DSCF4132.JPG

My car Is now one with nature. By holding 2" of water in the passenger footwell and under the passenger seat. Anyone got any fish? or any clues in general to how the car would be letting water in when i physically cannot trace any drops or run marks :S...

Best thing to do is remove some trim and get someone to spray your car with a hose while you inspect it.

My previous car leaked from the pillarless door seal, so I packed some coax cable in there to hold it up against the glass firmer. But after I did that I found that I was still getting water. So after more looking, I traced it down to the windscreen. It wasn't glued properly in the top corner.

Not coolant from the heaters, ive checked that, and i sat in the car while my brother hosed it down. nothing visable. So used a 4 pack of bounty to mop up what i could, come back to it after work, in which its been parked for 9 hours, to be sodden and puddle ridden again.. Yay. Tried looking into the drainage, but got piss wet through and disheartened. 
But pulled the near side arch liner off and pulled a fist sized clump of silty shite out, that was about 4 hours, im off to look at it now.

The interior in the rear is out, and looking at the carpet i have literally no choice but to f**k it off now.

Clio 182. (surprised?........)

Edited by TROYston