The Car Thread

MadManMike

11 hours ago, SamKidney said:

Seen an EP3 Type R locally for sale and Im fighting the urge to buy it. Something appealing about men.

Jokes aside my sister had a EP3 and it was cool. I'd love one as a weekend toy but wouldn't want the hassle of sexual advances from other men.

I managed to a car in my workshop for the first time in a long time, I've nearly finished tidying and organising it now so hopefully the Porsche can move in and get some love! It has been sitting outside in the mud since it broke down in September, I now need to fix it, sort some niggles, get an MOT on it and then make an actual decision as to what i'm going to do about the engine situation.

2016-11-12%2019.05.15_zpsndaflhjo.jpg

Been to look at it this morning and its not bad, but nowhere near as nice as the bloke suggested. Few major oil leaks that would require an engine out job to remedy and the gearbox feels a bit "loose". Cheap, but I cant be bothered buying another car I have to rip to bits to get working. 

Pretty chuffed with the new acquisition. Eunos Roadster V-Special 1.6, has a mazdaspeed roll bar, custom stainless twin tip exhaust, short shifter of some sort, Ohlins adjustable dampers (only fitted to Japanese roadsters I think?) and incredibly clean sills for 1990! I do need to replace the roof but the previous owner supplied a replacement so I've just got the fun job of fitting it. I don't think the previous owners used it during winter, I almost feel bad for doing so. I got even more excited when I saw the name Chris Harris as one of the previous owners, but I don't think it's the man himself - he doesn't even like mx-5's that much.

Hilariously different to the Volvo especially with the short shifter. Crappy brakes though, that can't be normal?

I don't want to neglect the Volvo so it received a much needed subwoofer - now I have a reason to continue using it :P 

DSC_0263_zpsrcywbv49.jpg

• Like 1

Some Clio people on here so here's one pushed to the limit. Amazed at how that thing handles. For those interested it's 880kg and has 180bhp, carried the driver right up to 3rd place overall in a major event considering the level of drivers attending it. The same driver did a 7.34 BTG on his first ever visit to the Nordschleife in an M3... :D

Looks like me on my way to work!

Do you have any more details on the car? Sounds like it's on bodies, but would be surprised if it only made 180bhp it's a sport with an F4R 2 litre. If it's a K4M 1.6, then that would explain it and would be a hell of an engine!

14725668_786578774778284_709699502932015

It may look like dirt on the front there, but is in fact an absence of paint

thumbnail_WP_20161114_016_zpsizzly7d7.jp

thumbnail_WP_20161114_013_zps5wotaai1.jp

Not bad for a couple of hours with the rattle cans, polish and $50 worth of dress up bits :P

Should bag me an easy $1500 B) 

Once again though, I've fallen a bit in love with it because it's actually a really nice car :lol:

Edited by Jolfa

19 hours ago, Pete.M said:

Crappy brakes though, that can't be normal?

Crappy as in won't lock the wheels, or crappy as in you need plenty of pedal force?

If it's the latter that's normal, you'll get used to it and it makes it easier to threshold brake (Y)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Haz said:

Looks like me on my way to work!

Do you have any more details on the car? Sounds like it's on bodies, but would be surprised if it only made 180bhp it's a sport with an F4R 2 litre. If it's a K4M 1.6, then that would explain it and would be a hell of an engine!

Haha :D 

Not many details on the car, he keeps them to himself. It's in the same class as CRX's so I'm guessing 1.6 and it has a Jenvey intake. That's all I know :)

I hate the 182's exhaust. K-tec stainless system, with a supersilence mid section (i hate it) so need to buy the supersport pipe. But for whatever reason in the meantime i decided on putting my decat in. What a joke the donut gaskets are... so now i have a blowing badly sealed exhaust, and a f**ked exhaust mount chassis mount, where the bolts decided they no longer wanted to turn without the heads sheering off. 

My starting problem was starter motor related, new starter motor and its happy, also i gave it a full service, and have realised i have contracted ebola, aids, syphilis and a whole variety of tropical diseases from the cabin filter....

IMG_20161114_140125.jpg