The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I always get what I want though. Because I didn't tell her this place has a huge double garage where I can keep the track car.

Would that've been a problem?

Anyway, girls aside, sounds like a good arrangement for you, and better than rushing into a mortgage. A friend of mine had trouble getting banks to recognise income as he runs his own company, makes a lot of money but only takes a small dividend. I'd have thought banks would be more clued-up about these situations. In your case is it because commission isn't guaranteed like a salary is?

I've had to do a fair bit of proving income over the past few years for various reasons. Easy thing to do is just get your accountant (if you don't have one, get one) to draw up and sign some projected earnings with everything included. It's helped me, for sure.

Obviously 'projected' means that you can't guarantee it, but that doesn't mean you should go off saying you're going to earn a gazillion times more than you will. That would be wrong.

why would she object to it having a garage? It gets you out of the house :P

Mwapharpharpharpharp.

She's really keen for me to have the track car and not to sell it, she know's how much I love it. But I've told her I'm selling it to fund a mortgage...But if we live here, I'll save more than the S3 is worth in the year whilst we are finding a house for me to buy and renting something somewhere else.

Would that've been a problem?

Anyway, girls aside, sounds like a good arrangement for you, and better than rushing into a mortgage. A friend of mine had trouble getting banks to recognise income as he runs his own company, makes a lot of money but only takes a small dividend. I'd have thought banks would be more clued-up about these situations. In your case is it because commission isn't guaranteed like a salary is?

It's totally because it isn't guaranteed.

My salary is £6000 a year, so the bank found it very odd why I was claiming I earn £60,000 a year when every other car salesman with a salary below 10K earn £30,000. But everyone who works for my company has had the same problems and questions asked, I asked about 20 of the other managers at a management meeting last week and they were all in agreement with what JD says below.

I've had to do a fair bit of proving income over the past few years for various reasons. Easy thing to do is just get your accountant (if you don't have one, get one) to draw up and sign some projected earnings with everything included. It's helped me, for sure.

Obviously 'projected' means that you can't guarantee it, but that doesn't mean you should go off saying you're going to earn a gazillion times more than you will. That would be wrong.

Because it is so common in our work that employees are struggling to get mortgages our HR director doubles as a company accountant for all employees as a company benefit. Work have also been kind enough to change my contract from an OTE of £30,000 to £60,000.

So hopefully when I go to see the mortgage advisors on Thursday to present all of this information hopefully I'll have a statement of projected earnings from our HR director, my last 12 months commission and pay statements, a full 12 months worth of bank statements and an itemised and individually assessed assets lists.

Finger crossed.

• Like 2

Step sister wrote her car off today, sorted her out a replacement by the means of my little Micra.

She loves them and with such good all round visibility in them its ideal for her as shes blind in one eye. Merely making my money back I bought it for.

Not only a good deed, but I can search for the car I want now too!

Just shaved my bumall in the shower. Refreshing, feel much much lighter and generally really much more happier about myself.

Give it a week until the grow again and they're scratching your cheeks, you'll be regretting it.

If you dye them the the hair becomes softer and you don't get the itching when they grow back, don't ask me how I know, but I know.

I might just go full on Boots laser removal on them. My bum is ridiculous. It just doesn't compute with the rest of my fairly hairless body.

I have the same, my legs are SO hairy, if I don't hack it down weekly my cock and bum'ole almost disappear and it's like trying to piss and shit through a pair of tights, my beard will grow half an inch a week, but my chest refuses to grow.

Dafuq.

Edited by Pashley26