The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Yes, that's what I had! I forgot about the orange box!

I had it just before they started bringing out the rollercoasters and other motorised kits. I remember one of my mates got the rollercoaster, I was so jealous.

Now I'm older and earning more money, I'm tempted to buy loads of old kits and make a huge one - that's not a waste of money, right?

• Like 1

I have about 8kg of technic lego from my distant past, all in a storage box under my bed :)

I think the last thing properly made with it was the powerloader from aliens, stood 11" tall and was fully articulated with pneumatics for the arms and legs!

Edited by forteh

that bike doh.

My sister had the knex ferris wheel+roller coaster, she built it one Christmas in the living room and when we talked of taking it down I can remember her crying so it stayed assembled in the middle of the livingroom for months. She was about 10 at the time..

Christmas present from me to me :D. I had them as a kid and foolishly sold them when i thought i was 'too old' for lego. Teenages are stupid. You're never too old for lego right?

IMG_0268.JPG

I had both of those when I was a kid. So wish I still had them now. I'm seriously debating coughing out £170 on that Lego technic Volvo digger in Argos

Wahey, just enquired to see if I could get a mortgage on a shared ownership house as there's a new estate being built nearby. I thought my credit score would be shocking but it would seem that I have been accepted!

Now it's just a case of saving a couple of grand for a deposit (technically should easy to do if I control my spending) and seeing if the missus is up for it!

Had a mortgage promise through and I could borrow up to £164k which has completely changed my plans. With one of the govs help to buy schemes I should be able to afford a property outright and finally get some independance.

Obviously be skint as f**k for a while but worth it in the long run I reckon.

Also related to above comments, my dad bought a shit load of scalextric a few months back from a car boot sale. His shed is literally rammed with boxes and boxes of the stuff, just need some room to build it up!

• Like 1

Now i'm a little more sober and I can look back and laugh - went out for works Xmas do and what other way to celebrate it than getting absolutely mortal thanks to £65+ rounds in Vodka revs. I challenged the boss to get me absolutely f**ked last week and it's fair to say he did. CEO and COO kept getting me these horrible 60% shots. Got some funny photos though

15850641988_31044fe5a7_b.jpgSubstandardFullSizeRender by dann2707, on Flickr

Next day was a write off. Supervisor made me a little bed out of three chairs and put the project management board up to shield people from looking in the door and seeing what a state I was in. Thought I would be bollocked for basically doing nothing the next day but they just laughed it off and said it was worth it as the night out was awesome haha

16036133711_d3e68b1ebf_o.jpgimage by dann2707, on Flickr

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 2

Now i'm a little more sober and I can look back and laugh - went out for works Xmas do and what other way to celebrate it than getting absolutely mortal thanks to £65+ rounds in Vodka revs. I challenged the boss to get me absolutely f**ked last week and it's fair to say he did. CEO and COO kept getting me these horrible 60% shots. Got some funny photos though

15850641988_31044fe5a7_b.jpgSubstandardFullSizeRender by dann2707, on Flickr

Next day was a write off. Supervisor made me a little bed out of three chairs and put the project management board up to shield people from looking in the door and seeing what a state I was in. Thought I would be bollocked for basically doing nothing the next day but they just laughed it off and said it was worth it as the night out was awesome haha

16036133711_d3e68b1ebf_o.jpgimage by dann2707, on Flickr

In work the next day with the same clothes on? Classy ;)

• Like 1

Dan's tales remind me of the time I booked a taxi to take me home, only to find out the next afternoon that I was already at home and had been all night. And the party was at my house. And the kitchen sink I'd taken a shit in was actually mine, and the car I'd pissed all over was actually my car as well.

After I had got in the taxi from what was actually my house to what I thought was my house, and he had taken me to a house next to my work, I then trawled our entire compound and used car forecourt until I found a car that was unlocked and slept in it all day. Then when they decided to open the boots and sort out the used car pitch the next day (when I was supposed to be working), and opened the boot of a Zauxhall Zafira to find me curled up asleep in it I probably should have gone straight home.

For some reason I carried on working until 7PM, then walked home and vowed never to mention it to anybody in work again.

Three days later the company got taken over and the HR department and manager were replaced, so my disciplinary hearing was never actioned.

• Like 2

Dan's tales remind me of the time I booked a taxi to take me home, only to find out the next afternoon that I was already at home and had been all night. And the party was at my house. And the kitchen sink I'd taken a shit in was actually mine, and the car I'd pissed all over was actually my car as well.

After I had got in the taxi from what was actually my house to what I thought was my house, and he had taken me to a house next to my work, I then trawled our entire compound and used car forecourt until I found a car that was unlocked and slept in it all day. Then when they decided to open the boots and sort out the used car pitch the next day (when I was supposed to be working), and opened the boot of a Zauxhall Zafira to find me curled up asleep in it I probably should have gone straight home.

For some reason I carried on working until 7PM, then walked home and vowed never to mention it to anybody in work again.

Three days later the company got taken over and the HR department and manager were replaced, so my disciplinary hearing was never actioned.

ive been drunk enough to completly forgot whats happened, threw up over myself,ect ect, but i can honestly say ive never been THAT drunk :P