The Happy Thread

Duncy H

My bike is ready! After a long and professional testing ( 2 minutes ride, going down at my driveway, up, few pedal hops with brakes locked all the time, so no kicks) I am safe to say that:

It does not behave anything like the Omen

it is light ( a Kenda front tyre would shave down a half a Kg but still really light)

looks amazing

flickery

and after half a year break from riding, in 2nd go I could do backwheel hops. this bike is incredible

cannot wait for the wind to go away so I can ride it properly!(2 hours of slow ride because of the Jitsie ffw ofc)

Finally caved and put an order in to Musclefood.com after debating it for ages. Bit of a test really as if me and the wife split up It might make life easy for me when I live alone plus I personally think I got a blinding deal. Order consists of

2 x 8-9oz Chicken Breast Fillets

2 x 6-7oz Lean Turkey Escalopes

2 x 6oz Great British Hache Steaks

Chicken Breast Sausages-0.45 kg

Premium Lite Beef Burgers - 2 x 4oz

Low Fat Bacon Medallions - 350g

Chicken Drumsticks-0.34 kg

Chopped Cabbage - 500g

Diced Sweet Potatoes - 500g

Curly Green Kale - 250g

High Protein Mocha Wafer - 15g Protein

Caramel Delight Protein Bar-42g Bar

Smoky Barbecue Zippers - 38g Bag

all for £19 which I reckon is a good price. I look forward to testing it all out!

Cheers for the mainly positive comments regarding my last post. It was my mates 18th Birthday meal yesterday so allowed myself a bit, didn't even enjoy it that much.

Was pretty funny finishing off a 24oz burger when the two other lads only managed 2/3rds and I was still hungry. So yeah all it does is just makes me hungry and sleepy.

I only call it ripping a cone cause that's what they all say, feels like I'm in the sorta situ that Dan had with his old uni mates. They're such good guys and I get on with them well it's just a shame they all have smoking bogging them down.

In happy related news, I used to be really slack at work and dunno what's happened but I seem to work a lot harder now and enjoy it too.

And what I find really strange is that I feel in an emotionless state all the time now, I don't necessarily feel sad- but I feel almost like a blank page when I'm by myself. Weird, ah well.

Also just booked time off work next month for a family skiing holiday, which should be cool. Haven't been on a family holiday for 7 years.

• Like 1

Me and the Mrs have started juicing and I genuinely can feel the benefits.

We're both pretty healthy anyway, but this is such an easy way to boost your fruit & veg intake in a quick, very tasty way.

This mornings juice was

3 carrots

2 celery sticks

1 large beetroot

2 handfuls of kale

1 apple

1 pear

1 orange

1 grapefruit

1 lime

1 chunk of root ginger

2 heaped tablespoons of flax seed mixed in at the end

I've got more energy, and just feel better. Not really sure how else to describe it.

I've changed NOTHING else about my diet or lifestyle, so this is just down to the juicing.

• Like 1

I thought that you shouldn't juice fruit as it is heathier to eat it normally as the juicing breaks it down and creates sugars?

I'm not sure about the breaking down bit, but you definitely get less of the fibre from it. Which is why the nutribullet is so popular, as the fibre and pith and sh*t doesn't get filtered out.

Edited by TrialsIsHard