New Tattoos

AndyT

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I personally wouldnt use that tattoo artist again. I'm not digging your design or the meaning etc but the execution just isn't up to par in my opinion.

If you love it though, then that is literally all that matters (Y)

• Like 1

Yeah the lettering is bad. The stroke changes thickness on the 'M' fairly dramatically as does the 'A' and 'Y'.

The date also follows a different line to that of the name so it looks as though it's going down.

Whilst the sentiment is fine I would never use that person again as they're not a very good tattoo artist.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I've just started sketching for an arm piece I'm wanting to get

2my7t3o.jpg

it's got a skull similar to The Black Angels (my fave band), got a Yorkshire rose and Scottish Thistle in the head dress as well as the Albion Mag logo (which ties in the nationalities theme too), I've got a caribena in there as I love climbing, a bottle of vodka because that's pretty much the only alcohol I drink, a Tree bike sprocket, an eye patch from Kill Bill (my fave film), the other eye is decorated from an image from art work from Dead Meadow (another band I like), I've got the Inspired Arcade logo in there and my cat I had for 22 years.

This is an early sketch so it will probably change quite a bit but I'm happy so far, still not decided on the rope thing, I like it but it might need changing/made better, got plenty I need to add in there too to make it into a sleeve

• Like 3

:mellow:

Not a fan at all, sort of thing you get when you've just turned 18 and totally regret it 5 years later. I know a few things mean a lot to you but, a bottle of vodka?!

tattoos are very personal and the vodka is quite an in-joke so yeah not to everyone's taste but I think it's better than just plucking an image out of a book or a famous iconic one that someone else is likely to have. I want it to have lots going on so people can find new things even if they've seen it before. I've wanted a tattoo for over 5 years but thought I'd sit on the idea and see if I change my mind, I haven't.

• Like 1

Lose the rope ali (I know its not the final design) but I think it doesn't fit as well as the rest of the items you've described. I'd put something on the right hand side that sticks out as far as the at on the left.

Could the arcade logo be a little bigger to match the voddie bottle? Or vodka bottle to match the arcade size?

I actually quite like it and I'm not a tat person at all