Films!?

ogre

Loved that film, very dry sense of humour required for some of it which suited me perfectly.

I loved it too, so so dry. Watched it after having a Flight Of the Conchords binge, so was perfectly in the mood for it.

Watch Inherent Vice the other day, funny film and a bit bizarre. Definitely enjoyable and worth a watch :)

Also watched Black Sea, which was ok; but there just didn't seem too much development to the story line. All a little predictable, but an easy watch none the less.

I'm quite into graphic novel adaptations (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, 300 etc) and I recently watched Batman the Dark Knight Returns and I thought it was ace. It's animated but don't let that put you off. The story is as good or better than the Batman films that have been made and it's no children's cartoon as it's violent and the Joker is actually stone cold murdering people in it (he's great in it).

I've got to read the novel now, it looks pretty epic.

I'm quite into graphic novel adaptations (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, 300 etc) and I recently watched Batman the Dark Knight Returns and I thought it was ace. It's animated but don't let that put you off. The story is as good or better than the Batman films that have been made and it's no children's cartoon as it's violent and the Joker is actually stone cold murdering people in it (he's great in it).

I've got to read the novel now, it looks pretty epic.

The plot felt really scattered for me, more like a TV series. Final scene with the Joker was really great though, live action version would incredibly creepy.

yeah I know what you mean, felt like three stories in one rather than one big one but I still liked it more than the current batman films. That final scene with the Joker was pretty dark! I bet that's even better in the novel version!

Anyone seen the new Avengers yet? Imdb isn't giving a good enough idea of what it's like..

(Too many fanboys spamming the reviews!)

Just got back. It's very good, I'd say better than the first but I thought that first was just kind of 'yea it was good'. My complaints are too much action and one liners, although the action is great. And Ultron's the first good Marvel villain.

Just got back from seeing Montage of Heck.

Jesus Christ. I'm utterly done for the day after that.

Thoroughly recommended, would like to see the dvd release with the Dave Grohl interviews included, was a big missing piece/ elephant in the room.

Just saw the new fast and furious. Late to the party, I know, but I have two words for anyone thinking of seeing it;

Plot holes.

If you're still watching Fast and Furious films and expecting a solid plot line, with no questionable physics etc. Then you're definitely missing the point.

• Like 3

If you're still watching Fast and Furious films and expecting a solid plot line, with no questionable physics etc. Then you're definitely missing the point.

Questionable physics and the odd plot hole I can deal with, but the whole film is just one huge plot hole. Not even the timeline of the film makes sense.