Are You Happy With Yourself As A Person?

Revolver

This should get people talking -

Are you happy with the person you are?

I'll go first - right now I could say I'm getting there. A few years ago I could definitely say I wasn't happy with myself. I've made a fair whack of progress though, which is funny because I'm pretty lazy. If I can nail that last habit I'll be fairly happy with myself.

Now, someone else's turn!

Not really. I have a strong case of not giving a f**k when I want about certains things. I'm not proud but I always seem to do the bare minimum if my heart isn't truly into something but when it is I'm unreal!

Uni last year, I enjoy my course and my course mates are f**king awesome, we all get along so well but I just kind of like, did the year but didn't properly try? For example I knew I had already passed maths through the assignment so I didn't even revise for the exam and just got through. Something I CANNOT do this year.

I just don't seem to care about things that I should.

Oh and I lose motivation really easily if things don't go swimmingly, it like really impacts me and I dwell on shit. Like sitting in traffic coming home yesterday on my first day back I was thinking f**k everything about driving to uni everyday. I'm fine now though,

• Like 1

Not really. I have a strong case of not giving a f**k when I want about certains things. I'm not proud but I always seem to do the bare minimum if my heart isn't truly into something but when it is I'm unreal!

Yep, I'm totally the same. It's something I'm trying to change in myself but it's such a long standing habit that it's hard to break.

Deffo. It's stupid to blame this but I deffo slacked off through high school.

I was top of my class primary school, without a doubt. And I got student of the year in year 7 out of all the kids in my year. But then I slowly decreased in f**k giving and ended up not being arsed with education at sixth form.

Think I am. I turned into a right lazy twat about 5/6 years ago and piled weight on (just over 21 stone), became lazy and really needed to just knuckle down.

Realised what I had turned into and decided to change, left my girlfriend of the time, started cramming in over time at work and just getting back ontop of shit. Managed to loose just over 5 stone, got with a girl I'd liked for a long time (still with her) and turned stuff around. Much happier.

At the minute I'm pretty happy where I'm heading too, might have taken a few odd paths but I'm getting there. My jobs good, my social lifes good, my relationship is awesome, future work prospects look good an looking to buy our first home soon!

Overall, pretty happy. I just need more confidence/less inhibitions in order to improve my social life.

I often think I could fit so much more into the space of a day, but annoyingly I'm quite content with just sort of 'getting by'.

I've lived with pretty lazy people for the past few years which really doesn't help!

Now that uni has started again I should find it easier to keep up a fulfilling day-to-day routine.

Shit's good. There are very few things I'd change if I had the power to do so and I'm generally loving my life (Y)

Smarmy f**ker...

I'm fairly happy, wouldn't change much beyond more money and living in a house with a garage, instead of a flat.

I'm not really sure, I am able to do things now I was afraid I was never able to do. I've had some social problems which made things really difficult, but always faced it and never ran away. It was a long and hard road, but it has really paid of. First year of college was great, made a bunch of friends and was generally pretty happy.

Then I got a super jealous girlfriend and was severely limited in my social space and freedom.

I enjoyed my time with her but in the end decided she was just too jealous. I then discovered that alot of social progress had been undone and that I had to start over.

For the last 3 years my life has now consisted of sitting at home behind the computer. I am doing productive stuff 90% of the time though.

It's kind of funny, because I am now able to do thing I love most career wise (create videogames!) because of all that spare time, but the rest of my live is incredible boring and lonely. I only have 2 friends that I see once a week.

I've never been a student, never got to hang out with people and have a good time. I have graduated now and never am able to get that time back.

On the other hand I got a nice future ahead of me career wise (hopefully, you never know).

This got alot more personal than I thought, but I feel like this is the right opertunity to get it off my chest :P

I ride my bike every day, I live in Fort William, I work in a bike shop, I have enough money for things and I am on a uni course in which I am outdoors a lot of the week either climbing, biking or kayaking so yes I am pretty happy. :D

Just as awee side note. Its my birds mother that runs that course.

Yes. I don't wanna go into why cos' it could sound arrogant but I'm in a good place. Will get better in 4 months when I can move out this studio and into my first home. :)

Only downside is I don't have time to even scratch my own ass, let alone go gym or anything but that's working for me at the moment. :)

Edited by Simpson