The Angry Thread.

Blake

Bg are are total dicks. They had faulty meters in my sisters restaurant for years. When they left 6 months later they slapped a 20k bill on them that they had no way to fight, despite the fact that if they had proper bills it would essentially been illegal for them to still trade at such a loss.  Ombudsmen didn’t even listen to the case either - rigged game.

hopefully as you can prove when you left and have the email of the reading you’ll be ok eventually...  

Get ready for a minor level angry post. My mum has never been a cook, my meals growing up were 9/10 microwaveable. Now that I've been back this hasn't changed but she insists on making me one anyway despite me saying I will make my own later, I for off the dinner at 5:30 train a while ago anyway. Still, I come in the kitchen and there's a plate for me and I just have to ask why because obviously I can put the plastic container in the microwave for five minutes because obviously she knows I'll have to reheat it because I'm just not hungry at 5:30. I have voiced this numerous times and still each day I am obligated to reheat a microwaved meal that was made three hours earlier because it's either that or throwing it in the bin. 

Last night I said the same thing, 'no dinner for me this week, please, mother'. I have a pizza that I am very fond of and all day while I was working I was thinking at least I have the pizza to have later on. This lockdown thing has been a struggle for me, I have an ankle injury so even letting off any steam has been difficult and stressful. My girlfriend of four years called things off last month which I am very bitter about but oh well because I have a bloody pizza I'm going to make later. So, goodness gracious me, I hae to say my heart sank when I say a plate of microwaved spaghetti on the counter for me, I guess the I'll try again with the pizza tomorrow. 

And I want to see a history text book in twenty years where this is the kind of thing that's quoted when they talk about the public enduring corona virus guidelines.  

First world problems and stuff, but ordered my first ever 'proper' mountain bike (and first complete bike in about 16-17 years) a week ago.  I know first hand bike companies/shops are super busy at the moment, but most of them who are dealing with a backlog have a notice up mentioning it, and giving updated delivery times.  If they don't have that, on their social channels they at least say something.

This company still had a 'ships in 24hrs' thing on their website.  The way their system works is the bikes are all PDI'd and ready to go, they just slap a label on and punt them out the door.

It's been over a week now, and nothing.  I was told two days ago that they would ship it this week so it would hopefully reach me by the end of next week.  I haven't had a dispatch e-mail or change of order status today, so it would appear it hasn't been sent.  Their delivery estimate was 4-5 working days within France (where they're based), and longer elsewhere, so it effectively means that it won't be here until at least something like the 8th June.

Again, get that people have been/are busy, but just tell people that.  If I'd have known from the get-go that there was likely a week plus lead time it'd be fine, but when you're waiting for a "Your order has been shipped" e-mail but it's not forthcoming it's balls.

Pretty f**king sucky when the weather here has been awesome, and I've discovered there's load of trails to ride hidden in the woods near my place (and f**k all trials stuff to ride within riding distance of my house currently).

• Like 1

A bike. Duuuhh! ;)

Seriously though Mark that is balls. It's the lack of communication / "lies" that sucks. If its gonna take 2 weeks then tell the customer it's gonna be 2-3 weeks, it's not hard...

Can borrow my SS bike if you're mad keen to get out asap? Then at least someone else might be responsible for cracking the frame :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mark W said:

First world problems and stuff, but ordered my first ever 'proper' mountain bike (and first complete bike in about 16-17 years) a week ago.  I know first hand bike companies/shops are super busy at the moment, but most of them who are dealing with a backlog have a notice up mentioning it, and giving updated delivery times.  If they don't have that, on their social channels they at least say something.

This company still had a 'ships in 24hrs' thing on their website.  The way their system works is the bikes are all PDI'd and ready to go, they just slap a label on and punt them out the door.

It's been over a week now, and nothing.  I was told two days ago that they would ship it this week so it would hopefully reach me by the end of next week.  I haven't had a dispatch e-mail or change of order status today, so it would appear it hasn't been sent.  Their delivery estimate was 4-5 working days within France (where they're based), and longer elsewhere, so it effectively means that it won't be here until at least something like the 8th June.

Again, get that people have been/are busy, but just tell people that.  If I'd have known from the get-go that there was likely a week plus lead time it'd be fine, but when you're waiting for a "Your order has been shipped" e-mail but it's not forthcoming it's balls.

Pretty f**king sucky when the weather here has been awesome, and I've discovered there's load of trails to ride hidden in the woods near my place (and f**k all trials stuff to ride within riding distance of my house currently).

Who did you use? I got mine recently from Tredz who where pretty good, despite the bike not really being Pdi'd at all.
Which bike did you go for?

3 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

A bike. Duuuhh! ;)

Seriously though Mark that is balls. It's the lack of communication / "lies" that sucks. If its gonna take 2 weeks then tell the customer it's gonna be 2-3 weeks, it's not hard...

Can borrow my SS bike if you're mad keen to get out asap? Then at least someone else might be responsible for cracking the frame :D

Couldn’t agree more regarding communication Adam, and aside from a great selection of parts and knowledge I think that’s what separates tarty bikes from the rest. I’ve actually help improve the communication with customer in the company I work for for based on the experience I’ve had buying from you (it’s a surveying business).

I presented some of tarty bikes emails that come through at each part of the buying process to our board members. After which we rewrote and implemented more automated communications for when our customers buy our services and provide feedback to contribute to our NPS score.

that said I went on your website yesterday having finally sourced hope XC hub I was after to order some spokes and realised it was down for maintenance. Doh!

I can wait until tomorrow :) 

Certainly not angry, but this is the only place for it.

Took a ride out on my mod for the first time in about 11 years, been fixing it up for the last few weeks. The thing is horrific to ride. After being on TF for 15 years now, I suddenly have an appreciation for all the hate that I saw thrown towards 20" trials bikes. Obviously I'm completely out of practice, but after riding my 27.5 trail bike, this thing just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I think it might be time to part ways and look into other bigger wheel options. No idea what direction to go as I've never ridden any other types of trials bikes... I might just have to see what's out there and give something a try if I can sell it.

• Like 2

Maybe there could be a  "The Disappointed and Irritated with Myself Thread".. I just don't want to be the one to start it! [deleted the rest of my post because there's not enough posting on here for it to rapidly disappear]

Edited by marg26

I'm in Duluth Minnesota about 2 hours away from Minneapolis, protests are starting to form at night here. I work in a gas station chain and last night a female employee was attacked while the store was being looted at another location 2 miles away. I do believe I'm expected to head into work tonight at 10pm, they should 100% be closing the store before nightfall but I doubt they're going to.

3 hours ago, JT! said:

I'm in Duluth Minnesota about 2 hours away from Minneapolis, protests are starting to form at night here. I work in a gas station chain and last night a female employee was attacked while the store was being looted at another location 2 miles away. I do believe I'm expected to head into work tonight at 10pm, they should 100% be closing the store before nightfall but I doubt they're going to.

I've been watching live streams of it over the past few days, some parts look proper sketchy!

Hopefully they don't target your station. Have you noticed an increased police presence in your area, or are they all focused on the hot spots?

From what I've seen, the whole thing hasn't been handled too well so far.

17 hours ago, MadManMike said:

I've been watching live streams of it over the past few days, some parts look proper sketchy!

Hopefully they don't target your station. Have you noticed an increased police presence in your area, or are they all focused on the hot spots?

From what I've seen, the whole thing hasn't been handled too well so far.

My area is kind of away from the center of the city so not seen too much. Fortunately I had the weekend off, now all the stores are closed overnight so I get a paid vacation.

9 hours ago, MadManMike said:

Waiting three days for a tool to turn up, only to find it's useless for the application.

I take some blame in this of course, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

I butchered it and made it work... Now just need the rain to hold off tomorrow so I can use it :)

14 minutes ago, Rusevelt said:

F**king protesters in Whitehall, London starting rioting for what, an event in another country that is has nothing to do them.

I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with them, but I do kinda get your point.

23 hours ago, MadManMike said:

I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with them, but I do kinda get your point.

The only contribution these f**king clowns are going make is a 2nd wave of Covid-19 infections and re-introduce gov lockdown restrictions, if the R number goes up. 

Forget BLM, ALL LIVES MATTER!

Lol at your protesters and cops!! American cops get off on beating the sh^^ out of people. That looked like a posh tea party , everyone acting proper, zero insanity.

things are insane in america. They do not show things on the news that are  happening. Lots of terrible looters taking advantage... many many people being hurt unjustly.  Entire cities on fire, pure madness, cops shooting rubber bullets into bums faces.. Cops posing w people they have arrested... reminds me of guantonamo (sp?) bay.  America is a gnarly police state, so many angry people here- many rightfully so.. but they don’t see the big picture. Staring so hard at the bark on one tree they don’t see the forest... the army has been brought in to many cities, I really hope things settle down somehow... some way, otherwise this country is truly gone (been gone for a while...). 

As for covid... the riot/protests started two weeks before june 14... so if this covid is what they are telling us, the cases should rise insanely high. If they don’t rise... might have to put your critical thinking cap on.

I'd just like to throw something out there.

Governments are allowed to be wrong about COVID-19. It's an unprecedented virus, and governments should be airing on the side of caution because of that. There's no conspiracies, they're just dealing with something they know nothing about.

In all seriousness though I think the most frustrating thing from our (the UK) point of view is we were a couple of weeks behind other countries, we could've followed by example pretty nicely and ridden this out possibly alot quicker and alot more controlled. As it is this half arsed "lockdown" was been put in place, the damage to health, industry and the economy is done, possibly more damage then if we just shut down totally and now we're trying to come out the other side when on paper, we arent in that great of a position.

The most infuriating thing is theres no standard set so most places are just setting up their own rules, to try an get timber from my local merchant is like trying to get into fort Knox, my paint supplier is 1 person in store at a time but that's about it. Nobody really knows what's  right or wrong, but it's alright now though because Boris has  said your allowed out for a shag. Our government just dont seem to be addressing the key points on how to begin to open your business/shop back up, seems like a plastic screen and a bottle of sanitizer by the door is the token gesture needed.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the infection numbers in a week or so time after the countries recent protests and mass gatherings, if nothing really changes number wise I can see alot of people just going back to as normal as possible. 

9 hours ago, JT! said:

I'd just like to throw something out there.

Governments are allowed to be wrong about COVID-19. It's an unprecedented virus, and governments should be airing on the side of caution because of that.

The problem is that our government aren't, and haven't been.  Getting f**ked for getting hold of PPE because they didn't want to join the EU procurement essentially for political reasons (then using the excuse they 'didn't see the e-mail'), then ignoring all the offers from UK suppliers and buying some dodgy shit from a Turkish T-shirt manufacturer, deliberately lying/misleading people about the amount they were able to get (counting a pair of gloves as two items so it doubles how much they acquired), handing contracts for things like ventilators not to experienced people in the industry but Tory donors - that's just PPE. 

That doesn't touch on things Dominic Cummings breaking the rules and their pitiful attempts to justify it (e.g. Gove saying that he also in the past has gone for a drive to test his eyesight - what a f**king dick that guy is).  Making it so MPs aren't allowed to vote remotely, and have to go to Parliament to vote (meaning that MPs who aren't able to go there because they're unable to travel, are shielding due to partners, etc. aren't able to be a part of it, effectively disenfranchising millions of people of their right to be represented) simply because it meant that they could try and push through some of their legislation and have some back-up for Johnson at PMQs - on that note, seeing Tory MPs on Twitter say it was absolutely ridiculous and that they were against it, but then voting for it along the party line: c**ts.

Then look at school re-opening.  No real communication with schools, but they just started making bold claims and hoping that everyone else would scramble to pick up the pieces.  That's now been a huge U-turn, as if it wasn't possible to imagine that schools wouldn't be able to magic extra classrooms out of thin air.

People have died because of their mismanagement more directly too.  Making hospitals discharge patients into care homes without testing has caused the outbreaks in care homes that are currently killing people off and also dragging the R-rate back up.

Or testing, for that matter - claims that we have a 'World class track and trace' program that was supposed to be up and running in time for this phased re-opening at the start of June.  That's been totally mis-managed and won't be ready for months (this story from a whistleblower within gives an insight into how f**ked it really is).  When the WHO were pushing testing as  being key in March, the government stopped doing it despite saying that people who needed to be tested could be tested.  When they made a big claim about getting to 100,000 tests, they had to totally fudge the numbers just to tick over that target for one day, before it went down as normal.  It's a proper shambles.

I get what you're saying about this being a new thing that people are having to face, and that it's impossible to know what's right to do, but calling a government out for outright lying, saying they're "following the science" but then doing the total opposite of that, wilfully ignoring the opportunity to protect key workers by getting PPE in time, imprisoning people for lockdown breaches they bend over to defend their own staff from, the list goes on - that is all simply down to who is currently in charge of our government.  As evidenced by the stories that pop up immediately afterwards, there's been virtually no consultation with different sectors about how to open up again, or what's best for people.  It's just "Oh shit, this Cummings story isn't going away - quick, tell people they can to the park with their friends!"  People were getting unhappy so Johnson did his "You can go out, but don't go out.  Go to the beach, but don't go the beach.  Go to work, but don't go to work" speech to try and appease them, but instead just caused more confusion.  Again, that's not the pandemic being hard to gauge (as evidenced by Wales and Scotland not totally f**king it up and maintaining their previous positions), that's just Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson.

Trump makes his mismanagement of Covid-19 incredibly easy to spot because he's so outspoken on any platform he can get on, but in Britain we're not far off that level of ineptitude - it's just slightly more behind closed doors, with a revolving cast of f**kwits being wheeled out in front of the camera.

2 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the infection numbers in a week or so time after the countries recent protests and mass gatherings, if nothing really changes number wise I can see alot of people just going back to as normal as possible. 

The R rate is already above 1 in some areas in England, but they're still pushing to re-open places.  It's almost like they are just going for that herd immunity they said they wanted to go for, then said they'd never even thought or spoken about.

The thing is, in Scotland and Wales (and even in England if they actually abided by their own rules) there is a more clearer path for leaving lockdown, and it's essentially the same as the one that New Zealand successfully followed.  Unfortunately England/the UK Government is being led by a trio of people who believe in the power of three word slogans above all else, and that have "had enough of experts".

• Like 1

I find it crazy how the Government have been patting themselves on the back for having infection/death numbers that are "looking good". The UK has the worst infection and death percentages in the world. Remember when Italy looked bad and went into total lockdown? The UK (well, England) are WAY worse than Italy was when they were locking the country down but for some reason the UK Gov is now happy to reduce lockdown with way worse numbers...they're incompetent! 

That vote they had was almost criminal, making people travel to vote on a vote about travelling (those who have to travel obviously want to avoid doing so so will be harder for them to vote about not travelling). One of the Scottish MPs is in Skye and had to travel by public transport to London to vote saying he didn't want to have to travel...it's like a Monty Python sketch except not funny.

Boris is so bumbling when he talks too, it takes him 10 mins to explain something that anyone else could do in 3...how he became a leader I have no idea! Get in the Sea Boris!