The Angry Thread.

Blake

16 hours ago, manuel said:

Planetx are not going to be delivering my bike on time. Advertised as within 14 days, and Im already paying finance. might not even get here before my birthday in march. :angry:

I was looking on there for a friend the other day, couldn't believe some of the delivery times!

22 hours ago, manuel said:

Planetx are not going to be delivering my bike on time. Advertised as within 14 days, and Im already paying finance. might not even get here before my birthday in march. :angry:

Not much use, but planet x shouldn't really have started the finance until the goods have shipped.

they're bit a of a cowboy outfit now, nothing like what we used to know., that being said there gravel bikes look sick and are super cheap 

15 hours ago, isitafox said:

What you got ordered? 

I went rogue and got a hello Dave. I figure it’s been over 10 years since I rode a mountain bike and if I buy a small light one I’ll just try and ride it like a trials bike. 

Also it was cheap. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davetrials said:

Not much use, but planet x shouldn't really have started the finance until the goods have shipped.

Correct... they use V12 and part of the T&Cs is that proof of delivery should be provided. They haven't delivered the bike yet so... https://www.v12retailfinance.com/images/PDFs/v12-retailer-guide-jan2019.pdf

If it irks you Rowan, you are well within your rights to get the payments stopped.

Just looked at the Hello Dave again, comedy head angle is comedy!

I got a warranty Ragley piglet frame after bending mine and i'm not in to the colour so looking flog and change out for something else, not sure what though, any suggestions?

Edit: gooo photo quality

579239497_Screenshot2022-01-09at11_19_42.thumb.png.62a25ea1b1cd27c372a8857e3ab9fbb8.png

http://ragleybikes.com/products/piglet-complete-bike-2021/

Edited by Davetrials
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:23 PM, AdamR28 said:

Just looked at the Hello Dave again, comedy head angle is comedy!

I know right! I figure my lack of any kind of mtb riding might help this not be as weird, but if I hate it its potentially pretty cheap to get something a little more normal!

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 11:20 AM, Davetrials said:

i'm not in to the colour so looking flog and change out for something else, not sure what though, any suggestions?

A can of spray paint? :laugh: Fair play on bending one of those though... I guess there are tons of options at the moment. Comes down to riding style, budget, etc really. Oh and availability!

28 minutes ago, manuel said:

I know right! I figure my lack of any kind of mtb riding might help this not be as weird, but if I hate it its potentially pretty cheap to get something a little more normal!

Yeah hopefully so. Really gotta get over the front when the wheel is so far out in front of you. I am sure you'll take to it like a duck to water!

Don't worry my mate had this summer/early autumn 2020 with his big dog, so much so that he missed his special edition summer season build.

I won't air the saga here but regular requests for a sit rep and an eventual (softly spoken, sympathetic, well tempered) round of f**ks got him a bike at his house.

There were signs of, not rushed, but more of all hands on deck type affair in the way his bike came too - it felt like they'd got the tea boy to fit the tyres so the bike made the courier for example, clues like his rims were scratched front and rear in the same manner at the 9oclock position like the tyres had been a fight through bad technique etc.

His guide RE brakes had long lever travel too - we speculate this was from shortening hoses or swapping them from euro spec to uk spec without festidious bleeding afterwards, so on and so forth.

Suffice to say it left both of us a tad salty (I put him onto Px/On one after my to this day positive and continuous good luck with them)

I own a px frame set and various bits and bats of clothing and still spend with them FWIW as the parts and shipping peeps seem to be on point, the customer liaison people maybe require more training, let's say.

Edit: To caveat the above this was posted t'other day and my bike shop owning long time accuantence gave me the skinny on lead times when I ordered a headset from him.

Last we spoke he had 4 and 5 figure £ sums all over the place at various vendors; some of his stock was in Felixstowe on that ship that banjaxxed the Suez canal and customs were being glacial and he told me that since Michelin make their cycle tyres in Cambodia and at that point Cambodia was under a martial law type lockdown curfew thingy, it'd be quicker to grow the rubber myself than replace my endurance pro4's with the latest incarnation  - so the above is said with empathy. The bike industry is hurting at the minute and the Ribble example or the character defence linked articulates this pretty well.

Edited by CC12345678910

Emailed px and they responded pretty quick. SRAM cancelled or plain just didn’t send a shipment they were expecting. Apparently another due on the 20th, but they haven’t said what’s actually in it :laugh:. They said they are still confident of within a month but put the long times on the site as a ‘just in case’. I still think a bit more honesty could have been in order, given it was ‘in stock’ and people had been waiting since October for bikes.

Here’s to hope.

2 hours ago, AdamR28 said:

Is Planet X run by a guy called Boris?

Hope you get your bike soon dude!

That's more of an Elon Musk tactic. I always wonder how many people paid the $100 fully refundable deposit for a Cyber truck that will never exist.

• Haha 1

Over 1 million, apparently: https://electrek.co/2021/05/25/tesla-cybertruck-reservations-1-million-electric-pickup-trucks/

Not a bad bit of business. Small fry for him though I guess!

I keep forgetting this is the angry thread, so I need to be angry.

My ex-wife (and her behaviour / legacy) is continuing to prove a pain in the ass despite us having been divorced at least a year. I hoped I would be 'free' by now, but stuff still keeps cropping up.

Advice on marriage: If you're not a million percent certain, just don't do it... If that means not getting married, your partner should be comfortable enough within themselves to know it doesn't change anything between you.

Let me moan about dating stuff here - what a load of faff it all is. Thought I'd try throwing myself into the dating app world after last year, had more luck than I expected in terms of actually meeting up with people, but now I'm just worn out on messaging and first dates already. Don't think anything's really going to work out, sent a few 'sorry not really feeling it' messages, been ghosted a few times - what a load of faff it all is.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:13 PM, manuel said:

Still no bike news. Build time on the website has gone from within 14 days, to within 60 days, and now 90 days :(

The sun has been out for two days and I just wanna go for a ride now.  

Count yourself lucky not to be experiencing this sh*t in LA.

On 1/18/2022 at 5:50 PM, bikeperson45 said:

Let me moan about dating stuff here - what a load of faff it all is.

I'm with you. Absolute faff. 

But I'm particularly screwed because I basically haven't bothered dating for my entire life, and I think it shows :pinch:

I should just get a dog and settle down.