The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Always knew my neighbour did something pretty shady government-related, just been sat outside chatting and he's got an MP5, a Glock, full body armour and a pump-action shotgun in the boot of his car. Cool.

• Like 2

Nah, i've known him for a very long time - would've been kept under wraps pretty well if his senile mum hadn't come and told me all about it years a go. Very much one of those 'well, now you know' kinda things.

they might be building this.....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-28309787 just yards from my front door......oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I actually saw a link to the full design proposal on a skateboard forum earlier on today, but it just kept buzzing on about the motorway so I didn't click that it was near your place. That'd be pretty cool though!

EDIT: Although I kind of don't believe some of what they're saying about the amount that would be sheltered, in that that kind of assumes there's no wind and no doubt once puddles have started spreading out you'd lose a bit more. The original bit about how shit Glasgow's climate is in the proposal is comedy, by the way. I think it actually says in there somewhere that it rains so often the outdoor parks don't even dry out before it starts raining again...

• Like 1

I just bought a second hand key on Facebook for my Leon, will be good to get that programmed and have central locking - I'm used to not having it as I've never had it before, so it'll be a good luxury.

I also ordered a complete wiring harness for the glow plugs as I'm still getting a fault code come up - having replaced the plugs, I guess that only leaves the harness. Even if not, when we changed the plugs the whole harness was badly perished so definitely worth replacing even if it's not the source of the problem.

Also, I diagnosed it using a swish wifi thing with an app on my iPhone - so much quicker and easier than VAGCOM. No bullshit communication errors either, which I was very pleased about.

Soon this car will be in rather good shape, other than the bodywork :)

I actually saw a link to the full design proposal on a skateboard forum earlier on today, but it just kept buzzing on about the motorway so I didn't click that it was near your place. That'd be pretty cool though!

EDIT: Although I kind of don't believe some of what they're saying about the amount that would be sheltered, in that that kind of assumes there's no wind and no doubt once puddles have started spreading out you'd lose a bit more. The original bit about how shit Glasgow's climate is in the proposal is comedy, by the way. I think it actually says in there somewhere that it rains so often the outdoor parks don't even dry out before it starts raining again...

It doesn't rain at all up here Mark, all the times I complained was just to make you feel good, Glasgow is the place to be! :wink2:

In the pub having a few beers with my dad. First time since I turned 18, nice to have a laugh with him

Good isn't it. I've not been for a pint with my old man for a while, must make an effort. Usually have a few and a game of snooker, although I'm a bit rusty with not playing

Been putting off emailing an ex client of mine about a request for some sound kit for the wedding (still going ahead, phew...), but put it off because I reckon he owes me a massive favour and there's always the chance he doesn't see it the same way.

Sent the email, instant phone call back about me being able to essentially raid his warehouse for whatever I need because he 'owes me a massive favour' – result!

• Like 2