The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Reached the conclusion that getting out of a rut will be easier if I give my room/flat a complete makeover. Really looking forward to this especially as I'll be building tailored furniture. Great challenge coming up!

I read that as room/flate mate and got really, really confused! :D

• Like 1

Room makeover task - I started off wanting to replace that barely visible square on the wall, finished with tearing down most of the dry wall because of what was underneath :wink:

gc6WWDm.jpg

su0YSQ7.jpg

Might post a thread on this once I have some worthwhile material. This is a room in my parents house which serves as a bedroom, living room and office (it's 300ft) and has it's own bathroom and entrance. You could say it's a studio flat without a kitchen. The downside is that it's located in a cellar with considerable damp coming from the outside at certain times of year. It's quite dark so the plan is to brighten it up as much as possible, make custom furniture throughout including a very cosy bed space with a TV, a recreational space (which I'd like to have my friends sit at ground level) and an office space which will boost productivity and improve focus. Well, at least that's the plan :)

On the other hand it's also an experiment to see whether I can get such a big project done and not rush things, then run out of steam which is something I hate myself for doing.

Day [insert day here]. Making good progress, though drilling 4 holes in some iron girders on the ceiling took a good 2 hours and cost 10 drills :P Should sort out the new plugs tomorrow and maybe install parts of the wall. Both radiators gone, one is not needed, the other can be replaced with something slimmer and prettier. Still waiting for an industrial dehumidifier, mine is terribly slow although it is definitely making a difference.

My friend is working on our house now and has brought over some great tools for me to use, including a laser level. It's making some things so easy it almost feels like cheating.

y4qIqc1.jpg

Absolutely loving this challenge. I'm finally learning about the last big thing surrounding me that I know absolutely nothing about. Feeling more manly already.

• Like 1

So the Mrs came up with an idea of a product to sell on eBay. My initial thought was "LOL, who would buy that?".

51 orders later, she's re-ordered components to make more of them.

As I'm running the show on my account and keeping a profit & loss sheet going, we agreed to go halves.

We're ploughing all the profits in to a savings account, which is going to buy a house in the end (Not just through eBay, we'll be topping it up).

This eBay thing won't make us rich, but it's pretty easy money!

• Like 2

So the Mrs came up with an idea of a product to sell on eBay. My initial thought was "LOL, who would buy that?".

51 orders later, she's re-ordered components to make more of them.

As I'm running the show on my account and keeping a profit & loss sheet going, we agreed to go halves.

We're ploughing all the profits in to a savings account, which is going to buy a house in the end (Not just through eBay, we'll be topping it up).

This eBay thing won't make us rich, but it's pretty easy money!

Come on then, what is it?! Maybe we all need one, whatever it is!