The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Kittens: Believe the hype. We got an 11 week old kitten today and it's rad. All the other cats we've had have generally hidden under wardrobes/cupboards for the first few days while they get their shit together, but this one has been super affectionate and looking around at everything. Our other cat is pretty stressy/socially awkward at the best of times and hasn't really taken to it super well, but I'm hoping she'll get more on board in the next few days. She's lived with other cats for most of her life, so hopefully that'll put her in good stead.

I had to keep it occupied for an hour earlier and it spent the entire time sleeping on my lap. It did the classic 'nodding off kitten' thing too, but instead of dropping his head forwards he just fell backwards into neck breaker mode. He slept like this for an impressive amount of time before finding a more comfortable pose.

L0pQ1Q0.png

• Like 3

nice pussy mark

forgot the comedy gold at work today, a woman came in asking for '710' topup fluid for her car, we told her theres no such thing, she got quite pissy and was insistent that that's what the cap on the cover said on it. then we twigged it simply said 'oil' and she'd misread it. many funnies

• Like 6

nice pussy mark

forgot the comedy gold at work today, a woman came in asking for '710' topup fluid for her car, we told her theres no such thing, she got quite pissy and was insistent that that's what the cap on the cover said on it. then we twigged it simply said 'oil' and she'd misread it. many funnies

The world has reached new levels of retardation.

Adam at Tartybikes is awesome.

Sent my forks in for warranty review, and B1k3 were arguing against it because I'd removed the decals. Using only thinners, non strength compromising whatsoever, Adam being the man he is knowing this.

Rang them Tuesday afternoon to see what the craic is.

Took it upon himself to send me the forks anyway and to continue the dispute with the company himself to sort it beyond it.

Utter legend. Once again proving the excellent service that tarty provide through their staff.

Kudos boys (Y)

Edited by SamKidney
  • Like 5

I've decided when that time comes that I'm going to take it really seriously. Be that Dad that everyone rips the piss out of for coming down in spikes and with his own blocks. Then I'll fall over.

• Like 1

Or go the other way and get that serious-but-casual look on the go. My Mum would go to the start line, go into "shoes and socks off" mode then dominate. She was never really competitive with anything, but there was something about the Mum's Race at sports day that apparently focussed whatever competitive spirit it was that she had. I think she won every race I saw her take part in.

Brutal.

There used to be one of those backwards bikes (reversed steering) at the local village fete each summer. My old man spent a day getting the hang of it and was the only person to properly get it dialed enough to ride it around despite all the other dads trying too.

I just locked the brakes and hopped the thing instead.

That's it, the key is to pretend you don't want to do it and give it some "oh go on then"

Yea, but that's what everyone who's at least semi fast does... I'm just going to embrace it and be a complete tool about the fact I'll be the fastest there.