The Happy Thread

Duncy H

JOBS!! applied for a technician at BMW yesterday, phoned me this morning. Went in today for a interviewer with the service manager. With me have no licence he seemed a bit gutted. Said my past dealer experience was good, and that I seemed keen. BUT no go on the technicians job!!! :( But while I was in the same dealership had a interview for a parts advisor. which again went well. calling me back for a "proper" interview next week....

BUT just got a phone call off a garage localish to me offering my a trials as a mechanic! 

Who said theres no jobs! just got to look hard enough and

• Like 1

Got a cracking ride on the roadbike and spotted "the gentlemans jolly" doing the north coast 500, likely just the novelty at the moment but fair to say it has transformed the roads of the Highlands north of Inverness from camper vans to supercars, well the white virus never dies but darn successful idea so far. Of course in spite of that many locals are livid about it all.

it's the amazon super sale thing this week; i'm a night shift manager in a mail centre so we get all their post directly to us; it's gonna be like christmas all week (in royal mail christmas is not a good thing.) and i've booked most of it off for radfest. GET THE ABSOLUTE f**k IN! I might actually be more pleased about dodging the amazon post than radfest :P

• Like 2

On 13 July 2016 at 9:37 PM, Tony Harrison said:

Would it not've been nice to christen the beast with a more 'period' offering?

That wasn't a christening, I have 3 carry case type boxes of 45's that have been on there. Raging from Glenn Miller to Etta James and everything in between haha.

My Dad got this back from his old boss who'd been using it for classic trials comps. Gonna ride it till winter tgen strip it down to powder coat the frame and generally tidy it up. Used to be owned by John Shirt (UK Gas Gas importer) and I'm pretty sure it's been bored to about 270cc if not more. 

IMG_20160717_155209.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, isitafox said:

IMG_20160717_155209.jpg

Nice. It's the usual slight mismatch of years and the obligatory range of Sammy Miller odds and ends but I think under that it's an '83 'R' model (as in TY250R) like my old fella's. Looks to have the original magnesium rear brake plate which is cool as they rot from the bogwater up round here. So much so my dad got in on a group buy for brake plates and clutch covers (also Mg). His has a shirty disc brake adapter mount as, quote, "the front drum's utter shit". Have to say that on the whole yours is rather original actually.

Are they the Z spoke wheels too?

EDIT: Picture wiki for all TY monos from R to Z. Give it a ganders - link

Edited by CC12345678910